Priceline Travel packages...anyone ever gotten one?

americangirl

May 30, 2006
I got a great package for my friend and I for 650 a person, round trip and for 5 night stay at an all inclusive resort....is it too good to be true?

I am just worried about hurricanes and whether the money is refundable if i need to cancel....

Anyone who has bought vacation packages through priceline, please let me know how it was...

Thanks

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
americangirl said:
I am just worried about hurricanes and whether the money is refundable if i need to cancel....
That's one of the reasons I mentioned to you in another thread to book through the airlines. I know Continental let's you make changes (not a refund) if there is even a threat of a hurricane on your trip date. I'm not sure what Priceline's policies are.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
normally online tickets arent refundable better for u to pay extra and be sure u are covered if anything happens, i said u should book with a travel agent instead of online , maybe ure travel agent can match the price u found!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bellissima_81 said:
normally online tickets arent refundable better for u to pay extra and be sure u are covered if anything happens, i said u should book with a travel agent instead of online , maybe ure travel agent can match the price u found!
Don't confuse online with Priceline. Most online tickets have the the same refund conditions (assuming they are the same fare basis code) as those you get from the Travel Agent.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I have used priceline many times, but not for travel packages. However, they have a very strict no refund/no cancellation/no change policy on everything else, I assume it's the same for packages. try the airline websites and debbiesdominicantravel website... you may also want to do a search for "discount all inclusive dominican" or something like that... there are many great discount trips out there... online. Most reputable sites and travel companies either allow you to make changes or get a refund due to a hurricane, or allow you to purchase "trip insurance". Spiritair.com for one, is pushing the free hurricane change policy...

americangirl

May 30, 2006
Well Priceline says that if you pay 75 extra dollars you get trip insurance and that you can get a refund if you or your family member is sick or if there is a death in the family or a nature diaster...i just wanted to know if anyone ever had to cancel through priceline and if it was a hassle. I wonder if they really give you a refund that easily or if you have to fight them to get it. I am just scared that a hurricane will come and I will be screwed.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You might also want to check if that "unreal" price also includes all taxes. The tax on the air tickets alone usually are about $250 per ticket and not included in the package price. Check it out before putting your $$$ down.

Bob K

affald

May 17, 2004
Taxes and flights

Good point on the taxes, in addition... Sometime those packages make you change planes and that is a real hassle and time waster.