Nearest Port to Barahona

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
What would be the nearest port to ship a container with household goods for the Barahona area ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If it isn't Barahona itself, i suppose it would have to be Haina.

You do know that Barahona is a port city, right?

What i don't know is, if it receives containers.

HB :D:D

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Barahona is a bulk loading port and has a bulk loading crane and conveyor system. It also has dock for sugar transport.

Haina is the nearest port to Barahona for ocean container arrival and departure. It is where the container shipments, including household goods; arrive, are stored, and receive customs inspection.

Regards,
PJT

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Barahona

Thanks PJT I was under the impression Barahona was only a cement and sugar port...I will look into this further...

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Where is hania?

PJT said:
Barahona is a bulk loading port and has a bulk loading crane and conveyor system. It also has dock for sugar transport.

Haina is the nearest port to Barahona for ocean container arrival and departure. It is where the container shipments, including household goods; arrive, are stored, and receive customs inspection.

Regards,
PJT

Is that the Santo Domingo Port ???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, it is Port Haina, just west of Santo Domingo, curiously on the River Haina...

HB

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Which one do I use ??

Hillbilly said:
No, it is Port Haina, just west of Santo Domingo, curiously on the River Haina...

HB

I am getting 2 answers here..For the shipping port for Barahona...Is it going to be Hania OR Barahona itself....

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
zak023 said:
I am getting 2 answers here..For the shipping port for Barahona...Is it going to be Hania OR Barahona itself....

Both, except that Barahona is used mainly for bulk lime exports, and as a favorite wharf to disembark foreign troops and weapons with the excuse of building lousy rural clinics and provide questionable and suspicious medical services to the local population...

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Yeah I hear that Mirador..

Mirador said:
Both, except that Barahona is used mainly for bulk lime exports, and as a favorite wharf to disembark foreign troops and weapons with the excuse of building lousy rural clinics and provide questionable and suspicious medical services to the local population...

Been there 2 times already this year and saw nothing but US military patrols in blackhawks flying up and down the coast looking for the boats comming from South America...Large convoys loaded with US troops cruising up and down hwy.#44 everyday between Barahona and Perdanales...The clinic excuse never worked everyone there knows what is going on..It's no secret..

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
zak023 said:

You will use Haina = (Santo Domingo). Barahona is not a container port.

Regards,
PJT

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Thanks PJT

PJT said:
You will use Haina = (Santo Domingo). Barahona is not a container port.

Regards,
PJT

Thats what I thought...Spent a total of one month in that area earlier this year and never saw a single container ship come in to Barahona...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No schitt Shakespeare. isn't that what i said about ten posts ago??

No wonder you say you "really know"' what went on with those troops....sheesh!

HB :(:(:(