Cabarete East Real Estate

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
We have been spending our winters in Cabarete for the last 4 years and we still enjoy it very much. During our last stay, we purchased a condo at Cabarete East, which is currently under construction. We we very careful, using a reputable real estate agent and a lawyer in Sosua. Does anyone know the development I am talking about or know people who purchased at the same place.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Cabarete East

I'm somewhat familiar with it although I don't know anyone who has purchased there. We were very impressed with the builders and the quality of construction (by D.R. standards)- The reason we ended up purchasing elsewhere in Cabarete was because the other complex was surrounded by beauty whereas next to Cabarete East was unsightly to put it mildly which was a turnoff....but again the units look great and the construction likewise is impressive.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you for your response. Yes you are right the old white run-down hotel next door is an eye sore but we were told that this was taken over by the bank and is up for sale and should be up for demolition within the next yeat or so. The developpers are also the owners of the two lots next to the hotel and are apparently wainting for completion of the project to start developping the other lots. Where did you buy? Do you plan on living there permanently? DavidZ is your friend an expat or a tourist? Will they be living there permanently.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Cabarete East Condos Are not Dominican ''friendly!

After our frank discussion about my young, beautiful Dominican novia of 2 years, I/we have decided to have no further interest in Cabarete East. Being around insular, ignorant, predjudiced, etc. people is not acceptable to me/us. I saw enough of this in 25 years of Fl condo ownership. A ''rules mentality'' is not acceptable. However, it is really a shame that a beautiful young person is not welcome in her own country! Better we find out now, not later!

Last edited by a moderator:

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
After our frank discussion about my young, beautiful Dominican novia of 2 years, I/we have decided to have no further interest in Cabarete East. Being around insular, ignorant, predjudiced, etc. people is not acceptable to me/us. I saw enough of this in 25 years of Fl condo ownership. A ''rules mentality'' is not acceptable. However, it is really a shame that a beautiful young person is not welcome in her own country! Better we find out now, not later!

im sorry for you and your dominican novia...thats one thing i cant stand...predjudiced people! I mean why move to a country full of Dominican people and then insulate yourselves from them and treat them poorly. That makes no sense! Further, we as guests should always remember, as i think the majority do, that we are guests in their country...we must be very careful about how we treat these people.

Regarding your experience of predjudice; ive travelled alot and experienced many different cultures, i have to conclude that predjudicial and racist behaviour is a human condition.

would you be kind enough to PM me regarding where this happened in cabarete east please...im curious...!

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
I have been there many times, lived near there.... know a few people who live there.
It's beautiful.
I think gated communities... either a physical gate or a mental one create false economies/higher prices than should be tolerated. This condition creates an insular approach to life (as far as you let it) but ultimately if you leave you can find food and drink a lot cheaper elsewhere. You stay, you pay.
PS. as for where in Cabarete East, I think the OP is referring to the development CE itself.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Why not start a new post!!!!

I dont' understand why you dragged out this post from last year to start a new discussion.....

If you wish to start this type of discussion start your own post!!!!