commissions

cruzan

May 3, 2006
ok I need help again....What is the going rate for a real estate salesperson in the Sosua area??? Also with a pool, what is the "average electric bill " in this area???Come on guys I need you all again....thanks

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I was told that the real estate commission rate in Sosue Cabarete is 10% - very expensive...I believe you can also negotiate this rate with any luck down to 7%. Electricity is the most expensive item on the island, sorry I cannot price the cost of the pool.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Generally speaking, for a one time seller or new seller for any property under $500K, you are going to pay 10% non-negotiable. Keep in mind the seller pays the commission, not the buyer. If you are on your 2nd, 3rd or more with an agent and you are showing continued business with someone, you can expect to get 8% with the big guys and may be 7% with others.

Yes, it's a rip off compared to other places, but that's just another expensive thing in the DR.

My electricity bill for a 4 bedrooms all with a/c, pool and everything else runs about $280/month USD.