Cruise Line Asoc. Assembled Team of Renowned Travevel Experts: DR's HOT

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
... (Among Top Five Up-And-Coming Destinations)

Marc My Words
Looking down the road

By Marc Mancini

04TWCOMmancini.jpg
I
once came across an article about what makes someone a great driver. Near the top of the list: the ability to scan and interpret the patterns of traffic that lie far ahead. It?s the same for the travel business. You must pay attention to immediate conditions and those down the road. One way to do this: Factor in what travel?s deepest thinkers are predicting.

A few weeks ago I found out. As part of its American Express-sponsored teleconference series, CLIA Means Business, the Cruise Line International Association assembled a team of experts: Stanley Plog, perhaps the travel industry?s most renowned researcher; Arnie Weissmann, the insightful editor in chief of Travel Weekly; and David Oppermann,[Editor in Chief and] publisher of Nationwide Intelligence,and who knows more about the airline industry than anyone I know.<O:p</O:p

If you?re a CLIA member, you can listen to the full teleconference. It?s archived at
www.cruising.org.

(travelweekly.com)<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Sorry, left out the most crucial part

Marc My Words

Looking down the road

By Marc Mancini

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
04TWCOMmancini.jpg
I
once came across an article about what makes someone a great driver. Near the top of the list: the ability to scan and interpret the patterns of traffic that lie far ahead. It?s the same for the travel business. You must pay attention to immediate conditions and those down the road. One way to do this: Factor in what travel?s deepest thinkers are predicting.

A few weeks ago I found out. As part of its American Express-sponsored teleconference series, CLIA Means Business, the Cruise Line International Association assembled a team of experts: Stanley Plog, perhaps the travel industry?s most renowned researcher; Arnie Weissmann, the insightful editor in chief of Travel Weekly; and David Oppermann,[Editor in Chief and] publisher of Nationwide Intelligence,and who knows more about the airline industry than anyone I know.

Among the predictions from the trio:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The next hot destinations: Asia (especially China), the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Oman, the Balkans and Eastern Europe. Cuba will become a significant destination for Americans once Castro dies.<O:p</O:p

If you?re a CLIA member, you can listen to the full teleconference. It?s archived at
www.cruising.org.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(travelweekly.com)<O:p</O:p