Airport to Boca Chica and hotel

bigtwo

Jun 16, 2006
I am heading to DR for a night. I have to spend 24 hrs somewhere near to the airport Las Americas on the lowest budget possible. Do you have any ideas?
Is it better going to Boca chica and stay in a cheap hotel rather than go to Santo Domingo?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bigtwo said:
I am heading to DR for a night. I have to spend 24 hrs somewhere near to the airport Las Americas on the lowest budget possible. Do you have any ideas?
Is it better going to Boca chica and stay in a cheap hotel rather than go to Santo Domingo?

Boca Chica is much closer so your cab fare would be less.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bigtwo said:
How low is your budget and how much luggage do you have?

The reason I ask about the luggage is that it costs about $22US for a taxi to BC (more to Sto Dgo). If you don;t have much luggage you could save money by taking a motoconcho from the airport to the main road and then catch a guagua (sic) to BC.

You can probably find a rattrap hotel in BC for about $20US, a livable one for about $35US.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
both candil and costalunga are considerably better than rat traps...and off season shouldnt run you more than around 30-35.

candil at least has a pretty courtyard with pool. and if you have more than a couple of hours...the stroll to the beach and calle duarte is only 2 blocks away. IF you are looking for something dirt cheep for a night..they are available as well.

there are cheaper places...i kept on hearing about el pinos the last trip i was there.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jrzyguy said:
both candil and costalunga are considerably better than rat traps...and off season shouldnt run you more than around 30-35
Both are livable hotels.

I don't know about Candil, but Costalunga doesn't change their prices by season. It's always $40US including taxes.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
both places charge different rates for on/off season....at least its worth a shot to see if candil will give you a break. At least it is a pleasant looking place...even if you are there just for a night. We are talking about a 5-15 usd difference?

I'd prefer candil...just ask for a room that faces the pool...its just nicer.