Anyone with success stories about relationships with hotel/resort workers?

americangirl

May 30, 2006
This should not be in sankie 101 because if they are success stories, the men were obviously not sankies.

I am not looking for amination/resort worker/chcocolate friend love, so do not jump on me for that!!!;)

I just wonder if anyone has even had a successful relationship with a happy ending with a resort worker from the DR. I hear people say, "Not everyone at a resort is a Sankie." So, if this is true, please tell us about your relationship. Though it is important to be practical when dealing with men you barely know from a different country, it is nice to hear some stories with happy endings.

So is there anyone that married or is dating a resort work, is proud of it, and things are going well? Prove to us that not all Resort workers in the DR are sankies. Thanks.:bunny:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
americangirl said:
This should not be in sankie 101 because if they are success stories, the men were obviously not sankies.

I am not looking for amination/resort worker/chcocolate friend love, so do not jump on me for that!!!;)

I just wonder if anyone has even had a successful relationship with a happy ending with a resort worker from the DR. I hear people say, "Not everyone at a resort is a Sankie." So, if this is true, please tell us about your relationship. Though it is important to be practical when dealing with men you barely know from a different country, it is nice to hear some stories with happy endings.

So is there anyone that married or is dating a resort work, is proud of it, and things are going well? Prove to us that not all Resort workers in the DR are sankies. Thanks.:bunny:
I have a real crush on this 55 year old maid at the Hotel Olympo in La Romana. I have asked her out many many times in the 6 years I have been staying at that hotel, but she always refuses. I know she is single and her children are grown, and I know she likes me. I always tip her well and bring her some gifts when I come, but she just won’t date me.

Chuckuindy

americangirl

May 30, 2006
americangirl said:

OK we keep this on point...I do not want to hear about potential relationships, lusts, etcs...I want to hear about actual relationships that are working dispite the odds. And not just the odds of being from too different cultures but the odds of a man that is a resort worker having to overcome the stigma of being a sankie....did the relationship work? If so, why? thanks;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
americangirl said:

Don't think that I am being mean to you but be careful because you are giving me the impression that you are perfect candiate to be sankied!! This is more than just an educated guess. The previous posts that you have submitted especially the one about being obsessed with Dominican men makes me think so. With this post you are hoping and wishing for that good story about sankies so that there is hope for you? Take the advise of many others and stay away from a sankie realtionship.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
americangirl said:
a successful relationship with a happy ending with a resort worker from the DR.
It's a contradiction of terms, besides, wouldn't you have to be old and on your death bed to truly be able to say that it had a happy ending?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What are you, nuts!!!!!!!!

americangirl said:

Are you kidding?.

What makes you think that someone, anyone would admit here, of all places, that they married a sankie?.

If they care to admit such a thing, MOST know that you can take the sankie out of the DR but, in MOST cases, you can not take their religion, SANKIETISM, out of them. Maybe after more than 10 years of marriage, perhaps!. Anything is possible!.

Btw, your thread is what I needed to wake up today. Pretty good joke. Thanks!.

Same search, different threads. Give it up.

Tic tac, tic tac, tic tac.....

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We've done this already so please do a search.
Or is it just choco love you're looking for? Always seems to head that way no matter what your subjects are about.

americangirl

May 30, 2006
I am not looking for a relationship with a resort worker, and I knew people would think I was looking to be sankiefied....I am not. I am just optimistic...I like to hear about positive stories.

Plus I know most of the resort workers are sankies....trust me I found out mine was a big fat liar...but I just want to see if anyone has positive non-sankie resort worker stories....It is non-sankie resort worker really that much of an oxymoron...I swear!!! They have to exsist somewhere out there??? Once again, not that I am looking.

My story, though though short, did not have a happy ending. I learned my lesson pretty quicky. But, at the same time....I think there has got to be some good Dominican men that are resort workers, there just has to be. We are not in the twightlight zone, weirder things have happened;)

Last edited:

americangirl

May 30, 2006
miguel said:
Are you kidding?.

What makes you think that someone, anyone would admit here, of all places, that they married a sankie?.

If they care to admit such a thing, MOST know that you can take the sankie out of the DR but, in MOST cases, you can not take their religion, SANKIETISM, out of them. Maybe after more than 10 years of marriage, perhaps!. Anything is possible!.

Btw, your thread is what I needed to wake up today. Pretty good joke. Thanks!.

Tic tac, tic tac, tic tac.....

Once again, by marrying one and having a successful relationship, that would prove the guy is NOT a sankie. I just would like to give some people the benefit of the doubt. I swear, why do threads about Dominican men always go down SANKIE ROAD...

americangirl

May 30, 2006
I was merely trying to be positive, but I guess DR1 cannot differentiate between a resort worker and a sankie...that are all the same. Every single resort worker has been stamped with the sankie seal, there is no way they could possible actually be a decent human being....NOPE resort worker=sankie, it is black and white right???

I swear, am I the only person that thinks there might be some good people out there...:ermm:

I really did not want this thread to turn sankie, but i knew it would get closed if it did. I wanted to spin off the Successful Relationship Dominican style (which I read) and see if anyone had successful relationships with resort workers in particular. I would think the relationship would be more difficult becuase of the sankie stigma...i just wnated to see if anyone over came that stigma and had a successful relationship...that is ALL.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I have a happy ending for you, I realized the guy was a sankie (thanks to DR1), stopped calling him, and saved myself a lot of money!

I'm happy! ;)

I hope the same for you!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
americangirl said:
by marrying one and having a successful relationship, that would prove the guy is NOT a sankie.
How long do you feel they would have to be happily married, before it could qualify as a successful relationship?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
americangirl said:
I swear, am I the only person that thinks there might be some good people out there...:ermm:
Wow. You've gone astray from your question.
We DR1ers think there are lots of good people out there.
Your question was about long term successful relationships with resort workers, and we know of none, nor do we expect to hear of any.
That doesn't mean we think there are no good people out there.
It means that we are experienced and have answered your question.

Mar 21, 2002
americangirl said:
....I think there has got to be some good Dominican men that are resort workers, there just has to be. We are not in the twightlight zone, weirder things have happened;)

Of course there must be. But would you be willing to search for years for that good sankie? How many more break-ups, liars, cheats, scams, heartbreaks would you be willing to endure to find that "nice sankie" ?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Onions&carrots said:
Of course there must be.
Which just goes to prove how rare it is, as we've never heard of one, and Lord knows we've heard resort worker stories.
Anna could write a book, by now.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Is the success you seek in the lasting relationship part or in meeting a resort worker who isn't a sankie? I can attest to the latter as I met a resort worker (not animaccion, not a sankie) back in 2000. We fell in love over many visits and several years. We eventually married, and he moved to Canada. However, he was not able to acclimatize to our culture. The first time, he lasted about 6 weeks. The second attempt (he thought he was prepared this time) was about the same, six weeks. We love each very much but cannot be together. There have been some successful relationships but I would not recommend that you go looking for this type of relationship. The challenges are unique and plenty and almost always ends in heartbreak. Trust me, been there, Done That! Got the Tshirt! :)