Bayahibe / La Romana

jankriken

Jun 18, 2006
Hi there,

I will be flying in to La Romana airport in early July. I plan to stay in the area a couple of days before heading to Santo Domingo / Boca Chica. How far is it from La Romana airport to La Romana downtown, and from the airport to Bayahibe. How much does a taxi run? What are some good budget hotels at both places (in the $ 20-30 range).

Thanks in advance

John

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I suggest you take a taxi to Bayahibe from the airport. Will cost you about US$25. Once in Bayahibe, suggest you book into one hotel for a night and then check out the other hotels and decide on where you want to stay. There are many hotels that should run in the US$30-US$40 range. You will have to work harder to find something good in the US$20 range.

jankriken

Jun 18, 2006
Nightlife

Which of the places have the best nightlife? (bars discoes) - Bayahibe vs. La Romana?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
jankriken said:
Which of the places have the best nightlife? (bars discoes) - Bayahibe vs. La Romana?

La Romana by far. Try The Money Place, EL Truco, Studio 2000, and Amazonia. Check out the central park between 5pm & 9pm.

Chuckuindy

jankriken

Jun 18, 2006
Thank you Dolores and Chuckuindy for providing such invaluable information.

As far as the distance, is La Romana closer to the airport than Bayahibe?

Also, I don't have any significant luggage, so I was thinking about walking to the highway (from the airport) and take a guagua - what is the distance to the freeway? In which direction do I need to go to get to La Romana?

Thanks in advance

John

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
jankriken said:

I saw Big Sur in Bayahibe in "Wild On..."! It don't get crazier than that, does it? (Go on Thursday or Friday nights only.)

Kaki

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Kaki said:
I saw Big Sur in Bayahibe in "Wild On..."! It don't get crazier than that, does it? (Go on Thursday or Friday nights only.)

Kaki

What in the world are you talking about? Have you ever actually been to Bayahibe?

Chuckuindy

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
chuckuindy said:
What in the world are you talking about? Have you ever actually been to Bayahibe?

Chuckuindy

Well, yes. Yes, I have! If you're making a comment about Big Sur (or about me!), it may be valid. I'm only saying I saw it on "Wild on..." and I stand by that.

You clearly know more about the area than I do and I defer to your expertise.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Kaki said:
Well, yes. Yes, I have! If you're making a comment about Big Sur (or about me!), it may be valid. I'm only saying I saw it on "Wild on..." and I stand by that.

You clearly know more about the area than I do and I defer to your expertise.

The comment was on Big Sur not you. I guess I have missed all of the fun on my visits. I just see UBH's when I go.

Chuckuindy