Jobs at Hard Rock Cafe

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Saturday, 17 June Listin Diario advertisement.

Hard Rock Cafe, that will be opening in the Colonial City in front of the Columbus Park, is hiring. They are looking for hosts, bartenders, servers, retail sales associates, kitchen staff. Restaurant experience preferred.

You are being asked to apply in person from Monday, 19 June through Sunday, 25 June at the new restaurant location at Calle El Conde 103.

mallopuff

Jun 21, 2006
do servers make good tips in the dr? aside from hard rock (i assume that would draw mainly tourists. i know all the (unworldly) tourists are horrible tippers.)

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
This business will never make it there...Burger King went out of business in the area.Who is going to buy a $30 T-shirt there...Not many people...

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
incredible said:
This business will never make it there...Burger King went out of business in the area.Who is going to buy a $30 T-shirt there...Not many people...

I think you're mistaken.....Hard Rock T-shirts and the rest of their merchandise are collectors items and everytime they open a new branch in a new location they sell an INCREDIBLE number of T-shirts and other items bearing the name of that city. Not to the locals...you're right about that, but to Hard Rock Cafe addicts world wide. Whenever an HR afficionado hears of anybody travelling to a city where there's a new HRC he will try everything to get that person to bring him back a T-shirt or whatever item of HR merchandise turns him on.....

My stepsons have dozens and dozens of HR T-shirts from every HR Cafe from Aarhus to Zaragoza....no doubt we shall be expected to provide the Sto Dgo ones as soon as they're off the presses.

Whether or not the HR Cafe will be a commercial success as a bar/restaurant will depend a lot on the kind of custom it can attract and maintain, I reckon it has as good a chance as the other international franchises like McDonalds, KFC, TGiF, Haagen Daz, and the rest....much of the success, of course, depends on the business acumen of the operators.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
incredible said:

As to whether it will make it or not depends on how many tourists they can attract. The tourists will buy the t-shirts and pay through the nose for so so food. I bet they will also get a large crowd of those Dominicans with money who prefer anything foreign, specially if it's associated with the US...because it makes them feel cool. You can't really compare Burger King to HRC. Burger king had all kinds of competition with other fast food restaurants and other local fare. They are not doing that well even here in The US.

HRC will have booze being served by good looking people...that alone is a recipe for success...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
suarezn said:
HRC will have booze being served by good looking people...that alone is a recipe for success...

How about a parking lot? There is not enough parking there.

I hope it is a flop. A place like that takes away from the historical ambiance of the colonial zone.

Larry

G

gary short

Hhheeyyyyy.......... Just Hold On.. ..can Hrc Serve Up Whoppers With Cheese On A Whopper Wednesday.