DR's History

El Vegano

Apr 20, 2006
I wonder how many of the DR1 members and readers know Dominican history.
Not finding a section for that, I am taking the liberty of starting this history thread. Please bear with me since I suspect most of those that have visited, are visiting and will visit have very little knowledge of our past beginning with Columbus's arrival. The following information may enhance their knowledge a bit.

15th AND 16th CENTURIES-

April, 1492- Columbus's conditions are accepted by King Fernando and Queen Isabel. He is given the titles of Viceroy, Admiral and Governor of the lands to be discovered as well as 10% of the wealth obtained.

August, 1492- Columbus leaves the port of Palos, Spain in three ships, Santa Maria, La Pinta and La Ni?a.

December 5- Columbus expedition arrives and names the island 'La Espa?ola'.

December 12- First settlement called La Concepcion is established.

December 25- The Santa Maria sinks in the north coast and the remains are
used to build Fuerte Navidad (Fort Christmas).

January 4, 1493- Columbus leaves for Spain arriving in Palos on March 15th.

April 24, 1493- La Isabela is settled near what is now Puerto Plata in the north coast.

November 2, 1493- Columbus arrives back on his second trip heading 1,500 persons in 17 ships to begin the conquest of the indies and the Americas.

January 6, 1494- Father Boil officiates the first mass in the New World in an improvised chapel.

1494- Concepcion de La Vega is founded.

March 13, 1494- Columbus opens the first road in the New World called Paseo de los Hidalgos.

March, 1494- Construction of the Fort of Santo Tomas is begun by the Janico River in what is now Santiago province.

September, 1494- Columbus explores the southern coast of Cuba and discovers Jamaica.

March 10, 1496- Columbus returns to Spain

1496- Bartomole Colon (Cristobal's brother) settles Nueva Isabela on the eastern side of the Ozama River

1498- Nueva Isabela is devastated by hurricane, earthquake and plagues so
Santo Domingo de Guzman is settled on the western side of the Ozama River.

1501- The Spanish crown declares that natives should not be mistreated.

- Rodrigo de Bastidas (lived in the house next to the fort in the Colonial
Zone which is now a children's museum) explores the coast of what is
now Venezuela.

1502- Nicolas de Ovando, new governor of Hispaniola and Bartolome de las Casas, defender of the natives and 'cronista de Indias' (chronicler of the indies) arrive.

- Fourth and final trip by Columbus takes place.

1503- San Nicolas de Bari, first hospital in the New World, is begun in Santo Domingo.

November 26, 1504- Queen Isabela of Spain dies.

1505- Fortaleza Ozama (first military fort in the New World) is begun and finished in 1507. Also the first stone street, Calle Las Damas, and the first stone houses including the Hernan Cortez house, future conqueror of Mexico
(presently the embassy of France).

- First African slaves are brought to Hispaniola for hard labor after decimating the native population.

1506- Columbus dies in Valladolid, Spain.

1508- A census shows there are only 60,000 natives left of the estimated
400,000 which existed in 1492.

1509- Diego Colon (the Admiral's son) becomes Viceroy and Governor.

1510- Construction of the Alcazar (palace) is begun and finished in 1512.

December, 1511- Fray Anton de Montesinos cries out his famous sermon in defense of the natives (large statue presently in the seashore near the port is in honor to him).

1513- Hispaniola resident Juan Ponce de Leon discovers the Florida peninsula.

1516- King Fernando dies. Prince Carlos is a minor so Cardinal Cisneros becomes Regent of Spain.

1517- The native population is down to 11,000.

1518- After a measles outbreak the native population is down to 3,000.

1519- Native rebellion begins, led by Enriquillo.

1520- Alejandro Geraldini becomes first bishop of Santo Domingo.

1523- Construction of the Metropolitan Cathedral is begun in Santo Domingo.

1526- Diego Colon dies.

1533- Enriquillo's rebellion comes to an end.

1537- French corsairs attack and burn the village of Azua.

1538- First university of the New World is founded; Santo Tomas de Aquino.

1540- Luis Colon, the admiral's grandson, becomes Governor of Hispaniola.

1541- Construction of the city walls are begun in Santo Domingo to protect it from pirates and corsairs.

1562- Corsair John Hawkins sells shipload of slaves in Puerto Plata.

- Earthquake destroys La Vega (partial ruins still exist a few miles west of the present city) and Santiago.

1566- Bartolome de las Casas dies.

1586- Francis Drake invades and burns Santo Domingo.

1591- Earthquake damages Santo Domingo.

1605- North and western parts of the island become totally unpopulated.

1606- San Juan de la Maguana and Neiba (in the south) become unpopulated.

1655- Penn and Venables fail to remove Spaniards from western Hispaniola.

1667- Buccaneers and Filibusterers attack Santiago.

1668- French occupation of Western Hispaniola begins (now Haiti).

TO BE CONTINUED....

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
El Vegano said:
I
March 13, 1494- Columbus opens the first road in the New World called Paseo de los Hidalgos....

My guess would be that it had potholes!

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

El Vegano

Apr 20, 2006
The Rest of the Story

Here is the rest of the story, condensed during the 'slower' periods in history.

1697- Rysnick peace agreement legalizes French occupation of western Hispaniola.
1720- Rebellion in Santiago against establishment of tax on livestock sold to French.
1727- Founding of Dajabon.
1733- Founding of San Juan de la Maguana
1737- Founding of Puerto Plata.
1739- Beginning of re-population of border lands by Spanish.
1747- Spanish incursions on French occupied lands begin.
1751- Montecristi begins resurgence and becomes free port.
1761- France and Spain sign pact opposing England (ramifications in Hispaniola).
1771- Border conflicts in Hispaniola.
June 3, 1777- Treaty of Aranjuez ratifies Hispaniola's borders.
1789- French Revolution (ramifications in Hispaniola).
August, 1793- Abolition of slavery in Santo Domingo.
July, 1795- Treaty of Basilea - British occupy Spanish territories and massive exodus of well to do from Santo Domingo.
April, 1798- Expulsion of British from Hispaniola.
January, 1801- Toussaint Louverture, leader of Haiti, unifies the island.
January, 1802- French invade Hispaniola.
June, 1802- Louverture taken prisoner by French.
December, 1803- French defeated by Haiti.
January, 1804- Haiti declares independence.
May, 1804- French drive Haitian forces out of Santiago.
1805- Christophe Dessalines invades Spanish side.
1806- Dessalines dies.
1808- Napoleon invades Spain (ramifications in Hispaniola).
1809- French give up in July, British occupy and leave one month later.
January, 1822- Boyer, leader of Haiti, invades and occupies Santo Domingo.
July, 1825- Haiti agrees to pay 150 million francs in return for French recognition.
1830- Spain demands return of Santo Domingo.
July 16, 1838- Founding of a secret society claiming independence and establishment of the Dominican Republic.
1842- Strong earthquake in Hispaniola.
August, 1843- Juan Pablo Duarte, founder of La Trinitaria, goes into exile.
January 1, 1844- Manifesto of Azua in favor of annexation to France.
January 16, 1844- Manifesto of La Trinitaria in favor of independence.
February 27, 1844- Independence declared in Puerta del Conde. The Dominican Republic is born.
March 15, 1844- Duarte returns from exile.
March 19, 1844- Battle of Azua against insistent Haitians.
March 30, 1844- Battle of Santiago against Haitian forces.
July 24, 1844- Founding fathers, Duarte, Sanchez and Mella declared traitors.
August 22, 1844- Founding fathers go into exile.
November 6, 1844- First Constitution signed in San Cristobal.
March 9, 1849- Another Haitian invasion takes place.
April 19, 1849- Haitian troops driven out.
November, 1855- Haitians invade again.
1860- End of Haitian hostilities.
March, 1861- Dominican President Pedro Santana proclaims annexation to Spain and is promptly named Captain General of the Province of Santo Domingo by Spanish crown.
1863- Rebellions and start of Guerra de la Restauracion (War of Restoration)
on August 16th.
March, 1865- Spanish crown decrees cancellation of annexation. End of War of Restoration.
1865-1888- Conspiracies, internal conflicts and revolts cause much upheaval during this period.
October, 1888- Ulises Heureaux becomes president and eventually dictator.
October, 1898- Heureaux sells border territories to Haiti.
July, 1899- Heureaux assasinated in Moca.
1899-1916- A period of conflicts and upheaval.
May, 1916- U. S. military forces invade and install a U.S. military government.
1917- Dominican resistance begins.
1920- Negotiations on U.S. withdrawal begin.
1924- End of U.S. occupation.
1930- Trujillo becomes president and eventual dictator for 31 years.
1947- Failure of planned invasion by Dominican and foreign sympathizers from Cayo Confite, Cuba.
July, 1949- Failure of invasion from Guatemalan territory.
June 14, 1959- Invasion in Constanza, Maimon and Estero Hondo by Dominican
and Cuban sympathizers from Cuban territory.
November 25, 1960- Mirabal sisters assasinated (eventually this date will become the worldwide Woman's Day, in their honor).
May 30, 1961- Trujillo assasinated.
November 19, 1961- Trujillo's relatives are forced to leave but not before killing the surviving members of the assasination plot.
January 18, 1962- Joaquin Balaguer, Trujillo's puppet president at the time of his death and long-time collaborator who remained as president, is forced to leave the country.
February 27, 1963- Juan Bosch becomes constitutional president.
September 20, 1963- Juan Bosch ousted in a military coup.
April 24, 1965- Revolution begins with sole purpose of restoring Bosch government.
April 28, 1965- U.S. military forces intervene and though claiming neutrality clearly take side against Constitutionalists and the majority of the people.
1966- Joaquin Balaguer, with U.S. backing, gets elected president and proceeds to get reelected in 1970 and 1974.
1978- Antonio Guzman of the PRD becomes president and commits suicide 43 days before the end of his mandate. Jacobo Majluta, vicepresident, becomes president.
1982- Jorge Blanco of the PRD becomes president.
1986- Joaquin Balaguer, 80 years old and blind, becomes president once again and is reelected in 1990 and 1994 under widespread claims of electoral fraud. His 1994 constitutional period is cut by 2 years and elections are held once again in 1996.
1996- Leonel Fernandez of the PLD becomes president.
2000- Hipolito Mejia of the PRD becomes president.
2004- Leonel Fernandez of the PLD elected once more after monumental failure of Mejia's government.

That, in a very superficial and condensed way, is the DR.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2003
President Guzman

In a recent newspaper poll, Dominicans were asked to name the best president the DR has ever had. The largest % of the vote went to Antonio Guzman.

Why? I have read about his Presidency, but I can't find anything in it that seems all that dynamic.

What makes Guzman such a well liked President?

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not bad!

Vegano:

I had sent Robert a PM a few weeks ago telling him that I was going to start a thread about the Dominican history. I've been way too busy to do so but what you have done, although very different than what I had in mind, it's pretty good.

Let's not forget aboout Caonabo and Guacanagari.
Also disasters like San Zenon and the Tsunami in Matanzas.

Good job.

Thanks!.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Miguel! Can you please expound on Coanabo, Guacanagari, the disasters at San Zenon & Matanzas... Thanks! Canadian Bob.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
I remain unable to follow day-to-day DR1 activity but I do try to scan the forum and keep up with whatever good DR History related threads might pop-up. DR1 is a vast cosmos nowadays (aptly led by Robert.... Skywalker?;:ninja: .... thus I am no longer able -due to space-time implosions- to browse all categories like I'd prefer. Of course, other topics are a lot of fun and from time to time, aimless surfing has its own pleasures; however many threads are peripheral to my curiosity and since I must prioritize my DR1 time, I tend to fish for Historical and Sociological threads. The problem I have encountered is that the focus of any given thread could sometimes be so difficult to correlate with History, based on title alone; that it does make sense IMO for DR History to have a subcategory of its own. It would of course immediately guide any new visitor with a specific interest in these topics to navigate the enormous intergalactic oceans of DR1.

El Vegano's list of events seems like a good quick point of reference and study guide. Maybe a sticky?? ....Dominican History is a big favorite of mine and I welcome the enthusiasm and perspectives dedicated to this subject over the years by several DR1'ers (foreign and domestic alike). I look forward to the future questions and contributions under a new Forum section geared towards those of us who enjoy searching into the past....I know most of us would like to be up-to-speed and look forward for things to come, but we all know that when reading a book, meeting a person or watching a movie, we all want to go to the beginning. We wish to know the origins and sequence of events that help us make sense of people, books or movies. Same thing with the World and its diffrent cultures and nations. If we discuss DR history, much ought to be learned about its current society and about the peoples who have over time shared in the "penas y glorias" of this wonderful land.
Enhorabuena!

- Tordok
:glasses:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como!

canadian bob said:
Hi Miguel! Can you please expound on Coanabo, Guacanagari, the disasters at San Zenon & Matanzas... Thanks! Canadian Bob.
Sorry for my late response. I completely forgot about this thread. Here it goes:

Guacanagari was an Indian Chief who became Columbus friend when he arrived at Hispaniola. He Provided Columbus and his men with everything they needed.

Caonabo was an Indian Chief whom, after seeing the Spaniard "conquistadores" torture, rape, abuse and kill "his people", decided to fight against the Spaniards.

They killed him by tricking him.

He was told by Alonso De Ojeda, a "messenger" sent by the Queen and King of Spain to befriend him, that they had sent him a peace offering.

The "peace offering" was a pair of gold handcuffs and when he tried it on, he was taken away by De Ojeda. He died in a "shipwreck" as he was taken to Spain in irons.

San Zenon was the biggest hurricane to hit the DR. It happened in 1930 and it was estimated that over 6,000 Dominicans lost their lives.

A Tsunami hit Matanzas in 1946 and an estimated 500 Dominicans lost their lives.

Again, sorry for the delay.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Thank you Miguel! Did you see the movie "1492, The Conquest" It was put out some years ago. An excellent movie. Canadian Bob.

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
Here's a short people's history:

The history of our country has shown that none of the problems facing our country and the poor and oppressed masses that make up the majority of its population can be even begin to be solved through elections — especially while we are still under US domination.

In 1916, in the interest of US-owned Sugar companies and US banks, the United States invaded and occupied our country (for a second time) and ran it as a military dictatorship until 1924.

When the occupation finally ended in 1924, Horacio Vásquez was elected president of our country. Because he was viewed as a leader who put the interests of the Dominican Republic above those of the businessmen of the United States, Vasquez was overthrown by Rafael Trujillo in a military coup drawn up and supported by the US in 1930.

The tyrant Trujillo ruled our country with an iron fist — with full backing and support from the United States — until his brutal dictatorship was finally ended by a bullet in 1961.

For the next year and a half our country was ruled by Trujillo’s protégé, Joaquín Balaguer, until he was finally forced to step down by popular and international pressure in 1963.

In the first elections held in decades, the liberal Juan Bosch was then elected president.

Though Bosch’s policies were hardly radical (he banned communist movements) and he didn’t even begin to solve any of problems facing the poor and oppressed Dominican masses, the Yankee imperialists wouldn’t tolerate a Dominican president whose policies differed even slightly from the way they demanded things be done.

In September, 1963, after serving only seven months as president, Juan Bosch was overthrown by a group of right-wing military officers in a coup fully backed and planned by the US.

After two years of repression, the Dominican people (organized as the Constitutionalists) rose up and overthrew the US-backed military dictatorship in 1965, moved to restore constitutional rule and named Rafael Molina Ureña provisional president. The Constitutionalists were mainly made up of poor and oppressed people, and so the possibility existed that for the first time in the history of our country, the government would actually represent the will and interests of the exploited Dominican masses.

Of course, the Yankee imperialists and their agents in the Dominican Republic wouldn’t stand for the exploited masses taking control of their own destiny, and so the right-wing sections of the military who overthrew Juan Bosch in 1963 (the so-called “Loyalists”) launched an attack (using tanks and the air force) against the popular government on April 25, 1965 on the orders of their masters in the US. Due to their unity, dedication and heroism, the Constitutionalists were able to defeat the attack.

Only three days later, on April 28, 1965, the United States sent 42,420 soldiers to invade our country and do what the Loyalists were unable to do, that is overthrow the popular government.

As Francisco Caamaño, the courageous leader of the Constitutionalists said, “The war would be already over if the U.S. had not intervened.”

During the invasion and the occupation that followed, our people heroically resisted the Yankee soldiers, eventually forcing another election in 1966.

Because of widespread fraud and the fear of the Dominican people that the US-instigated violence would return if Bosch was reelected, the tyrant Trujillo’s associate, Joaquín Balaguer won the election.

He went on to “win” the elections of 1970 and 1974, both times after the major oppositions parties withdrew from the race because of continuing violent attacks on them and their supporters by Balaguer’s thugs.

The only people to benefit under the dictatorship of Balaguer were the handful of rich business owners. Under his rule the poor masses of our country only grew poorer; and anytime the masses demanded an improvement of their conditions, they were labeled communists and repressed by the army and police.

In 1973 the hero Francisco Caamaño landed with a small group of rebels at Playa Coracoles, near Azua. Already knowing that the problems of the exploited masses could never be solved through elections, Caamaño and the other rebels traveled to the Cordillera Central with plans to lead an armed revolution to overthrow Balaguer. After a few weeks of fighting Balaguer’s army, Caamaño was wounded, then captured by the army and murdered.

In the elections of 1978 Balaguer was finally defeated by Antonio Guzmán Fernández of the PRD; and four years later, Salvador Jorge Blanco of the same party was elected. Although the rule of the Trujillo dynasty had finally ended, things only got worse under these two presidents.

This happened for two reasons. First, the PRD, like all other parties in our country (as we explained previously), represents the interests of the rich and powerful minority of business owners, not the poor and oppressed masses. Second, the United States still had (and has) a firm grip on our country and forced both Presidents to meet their demands, which they made through the International Monetary Fund. This resulted in the dramatic rise in prices of food and other necessities, which the poor and oppressed Dominican masses responded to with open rebellion. Salvador Jorge Blanco called out the army to repress the rebellions, and hundreds of protestors were shot to death.

As conditions continued to decline, people remembered that economic conditions were slightly better under Balaguer, and so thought that reelecting him would reverse the crisis. Balaguer was elected again in 1986, but conditions continued to decline. In 1988 the country slid deep into economic crisis and the rate of inflation soared. This economic crisis — which was brought about by Balaguer’s pro-business and pro-US policies — lead to problems in the delivery of electricity (from which we still haven’t recovered!), water and transportation. Once again the oppressed Dominican masses responded with protests, rebellions and a crippling nationwide general strike.

Despite this, Balaguer was reelected in 1990 through massive Electoral Board fraud, and continued his policies, though a slightly improved world market lead to a temporary end to the economic crisis.

The dictatorship of Balaguer continued when he “won” the elections of 1994 through even more open fraud — including preventing at least 200,000 supporters of the PLD from voting. The fraud was so obvious that Balaguer was forced to step down from office two years early in 1996.

This was followed by the election of Leonel Fernandez in 1996 (made possible by the endorsement of Balaguer) and Hipolito Meija in 2000; and the reelection of Leonel Fernandez in 2004. Both of these presidents have continued to serve the interests of business owners and the US, and the problems of the poor and oppressed Dominican masses have only increased as their conditions have continued to get worse.

There can be no doubt for anyone familiar with our history that an alternative to participating in elections is needed to solve our problems.

The first and most important task is to free ourselves from the domination of the Yankee imperialists by any means necessary. As an immediate outgrowth of that, the oppressed and exploited masses must fight to take power and form a truly democratic system under which the issues facing us can be addressed and our problems can finally solved (as defined earlier in this article).

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Lumumba,

Your subversiveness here in the “Government” forum really suprises me. The thought that quickly comes to mind is that you are related to a board member whose name starts with “M” or, due to your almost newbie status, you are a sock of same member. Of course there is always the possibility that you are in cahoots with a certain South American government but hey what do I know.

Your post does in fact bring up some very important questions which I feel must be addressed. The first question is are you Dominican? From your post here I would have thought so but your post here indicates otherwise. Your nationality, I think, stop, stop, stop, stop!!!!!!

I just did a search of your 11 posts and come up with some interesting facts. You are not Dominican! You have been planning this idea of subversion on the DR since at least Dec of 2005 and your obsession with firearms is apparent, (Read this thread completely)!

After that burst of energy in Jan of 06 you laid dormant till March when you inquired about an English school, which I assume is for your cousin here, and never responded to the help that the board members offered you.

Then today you make 4 posts of which 3 are to start new threads preaching your desire for an international group to overthrow the DR government. 1, 2, 3, and this thread here.

It is my honest desire that the powers to be on this board ban you from this board. As I live here and do in fact like the country and its people and believe that democracy is the best form of government for this country then people such as yourself that advertise a desire to overthrow that government should be banned. My opinion.

Rick

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
Since you posted twice, I'll do the same..

Your post does in fact bring up some very important questions which I feel must be addressed. The first question is are you Dominican? From your post here I would have thought so but your post here indicates otherwise. Your nationality, I think, stop, stop, stop, stop!!!!!!

My father is Dominican and my mother is Colombian. I was born in Colombia, lived a while in the U.S..

Are you Dominican? Most of the people that post here aren't, but yet they have an awful lot to say about how the country should be run (usually in the interest of foreign business owners)..

I just did a search of your 11 posts and come up with some interesting facts. You are not Dominican! You have been planning this idea of subversion on the DR since at least Dec of 2005 and your obsession with firearms is apparent, (Read this thread completely)!

I haven't been planning with any ideas... nice try though.

After that burst of energy in Jan of 06 you laid dormant till March when you inquired about an English school, which I assume is for your cousin here, and never responded to the help that the board members offered you.

I don't have regular access to the internet. Sorry. I'm thankful for the help though.

Then today you make 4 posts of which 3 are to start new threads preaching your desire for an international group to overthrow the DR government. 1, 2, 3, and this thread here.

I didn't "preach" anything. I posted the program of a political organization I support. Why is it okay to promote the corrupt puppets in the PLD & PRD but not groups like the MGL or FR?

It is my honest desire that the powers to be on this board ban you from this board. As I live here and do in fact like the country and its people and believe that democracy is the best form of government for this country then people such as yourself that advertise a desire to overthrow that government should be banned. My opinion.

Rick

That makes alot of sense.. wouldn't want a thing like free speech or advocacy of a real, grass roots democracy to get in the way of the beloved Dominican democracy that exists now..

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
Of course, you didn't address any of the facts put forward in that history... I guess ad homs attacks on me personally are all you can come up with.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
LUMUMBA said:
Of course, you didn't address any of the facts put forward in that history... I guess ad homs attacks on me personally are all you can come up with.

My cousin Mercedes, in Azua, keeps in her backyard a dilapidated Land Rover that her late husband used to 'concho' (public transportation) from Las Charcas up the mountains, and on which one fateful day in February 1973, he picked up on the highway leading from Playa Caracoles a group of 9 men which he mistook for regular army soldiers. The next day his home was raided and he was jailed for several months... It so happened that the group of soldiers he transported that day was Col. Caamaño and his group of ragtag guerillas on their way to the highlands of La Cordillera Central, where several days later they were summarily executed by a DR regular army platoon led by my cousing Gen. Ramiro Matos. Nobody has been interested in the old Land Rover, not even the National Museum. Maybe you could convince my cousin Mercedes to donate it to your cause?

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
You've got your history wrong. There was no execution of 9 guerrillas at once. Try again.

And why would the National Museum display that? That's like asking a government run museum in the U.S. to display items from the Black Panthers and Weather Underground.

And you still haven't addressed any of the facts in the history.

2.JPG

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I don't need to attack you personally you non educated idiot you do a well enough job of doing that yourself.

When you post on this board and you don't use quotation marks then anything you post containing the words, (I, me, my, our or us) pertains to you personally. With that in mind then go back to post #11 and reread your supposed words of wisdom and possibly you will envisage your prevarication.

I will not acquiesce to your vituperative nature. Your failure to controvert with your incongruous enigma which you inculcate on this board serve no purpose other then to déclassé yourself.

Your attempt at obstructionism only confirms that you are a troglodyte and your sophomoric recidivism has undergird your position on this board.

If you continue to post on this board with your odious and incongruous trumpery and your perverse kitsch you will be ignored.

As this board hasn't decided to ban you then I will use two of the fabulous options afforded me. The ignore option and the un-subscribe option. Both of which allows me the freedom of not having to read anymore of your dribble.

Rick

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Well said Rick, i think hes gonna have trouble understanding the most part of that tho! Its a shame they dont ban him so i guess its the ignore option for me also.

LUMUMBA

Nov 14, 2005
I don't need to attack you personally you non educated idiot you do a well enough job of doing that yourself.

I do a well enough job of attacking myself personally? ??? What does that even mean?

Also, when you attempt to insult someone for their supposed lack of intelligence, it's usually a good idea to follow basic grammar rules.

When you post on this board and you don't use quotation marks then anything you post containing the words, (I, me, my, our or us) pertains to you personally. With that in mind then go back to post #11 and reread your supposed words of wisdom and possibly you will envisage your prevarication.

Take a look at post #11 yourself. Notice the end of the post where it says: "From: http://freepeoplesmovement.org/fpm/page.php?136" Guess what that means?

I will not acquiesce to your vituperative nature. Your failure to controvert with your incongruous enigma which you inculcate on this board serve no purpose other then to déclassé yourself.

Your attempt at obstructionism only confirms that you are a troglodyte and your sophomoric recidivism has undergird your position on this board.

If you continue to post on this board with your odious and incongruous trumpery and your perverse kitsch you will be ignored.

As this board hasn't decided to ban you then I will use two of the fabulous options afforded me. The ignore option and the un-subscribe option. Both of which allows me the freedom of not having to read anymore of your dribble.

Rick

LOL @ this guy trying to use a string of "big words" to hide the fact that he still hasn't addressed a single fact or issue I've brought up about the country. I doubt he even understands half of the things he posted, not that it would matter one way or another.

And now, he assures us that he'll ignore my future posts.. a sure way to avoid having to actually debate anything! Good job!