FedoGolf Card

nyjcr

Feb 25, 2005
I'll be in Puerto Plata in a couple of weeks, I've been communicating with the "membresias" at fedogolf, but its been very slow.

so, maybe someone at DR1 have the info that I'm looking for.

Can I get the fedogolf card in Puerto Plata, or do I have to go to Santo Domingo to get it.

Since, I'll be there in two weeks, I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to do it by mail.

Thanks,
JC

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
You can get the card at Playa Dorada Golf Club in POP.
course was done by Robert Trent Jones? I think. Not a golfer myself except on
special occasions, (Juan Marichaltournament) as example.
fedegolf is a good deal if you golf a lot, no doubt. gives you the right to play each course for free at least one time. then substantial discount on the rest.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
tflea said:
You can get the card at Playa Dorada Golf Club in POP.
That would be news (& GOOD news) to me as I always have to deal with Santo Domingo.
nyjcr - Have you sent your subscription fees to FedoGolf yet? If so & you are only awaiting the acceptance/card to be sent, you might be able to persuade the sectretariate there to send the cxard to my place via MetroPak & I can pick it up for you.
This brings me to the subject of your location. FedoGolf is now insisting upon residency within Dominican Republic as a requirement for membership, do you have a DR address you have supplied them with? Feel free to PM pr e-mail me via DR1 e-mail if you continue having problems & I'll see what (if anything) I can do to assist.

tflea said:
fedegolf is a good deal if you golf a lot, no doubt. gives you the right to play each course for free at least one time. then substantial discount on the rest.
Slight amendment - FedoGolf gives you a card with 12 courses they have affiliation with where ONE free round is permitted each year - some restrictions as to time of year apply to this 'Free Round'!!

nyjcr

Feb 25, 2005
Hey BushBaby and Tflea thanks for your help,

They (FedoGolf) finally reply to me,
I was told that the "Carn?" will be sent to the golf club in Playa Dorada.

I just hope that is there when I arrive...(I'm looking to hit at least 4 courses while I'm there)

Thanks all...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
PM me & I'll give you my telephone number for when you are here. Playa Dorada is only down the road from me & every Sunday I go to Santiago to squeese a game in with Hillbilly. You got room for another breakfast HB?? (Sorry MaineGirl/Emma22 - I saw him first!!).

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Santiago Golf

Yo Bush & HB,
Can you guys tell me about the course(s) in Santiago? I play occasionally but find the courses around the n.coast pretty danged expensive; P.Dorada, P. Grande, etc.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Course (singular) in Santiago.
Pete Dye design. Older 9 holes supervized (it's early and I haven'thad my coffee!) by PD Dye back in the 80s.
The course is short (par 70), mean, and quite difficult for most golfers. Many elevated tees and greens, three "water holes" and the 5 pars are into the wind on 95% of the days.
Fees are reasonable for Fedogolf members: RD$600. Carts are RD$400 and a caddie will take your foursome around for RD$600-800 depending...caddies are good for hunting lost balls and for some initial greens reading.

The course is hilly, and has been called a "goat pasture" in the past, but recent improvements have made it much nicer with better fairways and cart paths.

Some of the vistas are truly wonderful.

HB :D:D:D

Perhaps i should mention that there are 9 holes in Jarabacoa, designed by Robert Trent Jones. They are very enjoyable and never play the same, so 18 holes is always interesting. Par 72

At Jarabacoa they have a better kitchen than Santiago and the service is "nice" to say the least..:p:p:p

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The best sight of all there is seeing HB sending a drive 200 yds plus down the middle of the fourth fairway with his recently acquired G5!! The smile of pride & contentment that lights up his face is something even his Mother might never have seen!!

That course definitely plays with the mind. Whereas 3 minutes before I was shooting the ball down the centre of the practice ground, standing on the first or tenth tee ALWAYS gets me hooking or slicing my first pair of balls into trouble! GREAT fun though!! ~ Grahame.

nyjcr

Feb 25, 2005
Well... I'll be in the north coast in little over a week now...
then I'm heading to Santiago and hopefully meet Mr. HB...

FedoGolf guarantees that the "Carn?" will be at Playa Dorada... so... (hey.. what is it Carn? or Carnet?, they kept referring to one of 'those' at FedoGolf)

I'll PM both of you (HB and Grahame) to get your info...

JC

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Carnet

It's just your membership card. Dominicans have the unfortunate habit of cutting off a lot of words....but it's entertaining at times.
Thanks HB fo the info on the Santiago course! Sounds fun.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Quintas de Primavera

Quintas de Primavera was designed by Robert Trent Jones??
Also, Mr Billy, BushBaby mentioned that your 200 yard down the middle drive on #4 was with a "G5". Is this true?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Oh, HB! If you love your G5 as much as PapaTony loves his G2's we're gonna have a ball next time we play Santiago with you! I might even surprise the heck out of that caddy we had last time (I've improved!!).
PapaTony got 'bumped' to C flight first week he played golf at home here and the next week they 'bumped' him up to B flight. After this week I think he's gonna make 'A' flight..........he LOVES those clubs!
I just bought a Lady Jazz 12 degree driver with the big head so once I get used to it I just might match that 200 yrd. drive.
Look out drtampa - we're heading your way on the 5th of July. Not sure if we're bringing our clubs yet but we can always rent!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MommC: You guys are ON!!
DRTAMPA: No the Adams Ovation!! BB is just a " little" confused...but you knew that!!

HB :D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well HB, you said "Gee, that felt good", "Gee, I hit that good", "Gee did you see that"? Gee, Gee, GEEEEE I was SURE it was a G5. I expect you to be giving ME an Ovation when we mneet next week!!! ~ BB.