Samana Airport now being sold by Charter Companies

Signature

Do not indicate that they are landing in Samana, they give transfer time on all hotels from POP and the prices are not great IMHO.

"Quote Signature website"

Transfer times between POP Airport and EPS hotels (Samana):
Please note that the actual transfer time between POP Airport and Samana is 3.5 hours to 4 hours. (Depending on the hotel you are going to). Below is the list of the hotels we are offering and the distance for each hotel from the Puerto Plata Airport.
Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa - 3.5 hours
Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo - 4 hours
Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - 3.5 hours
Viva Wyndham Samana - 4 hours
Cacao Beach - 4 hours

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Hlywud said:
Do not indicate that they are landing in Samana, they give transfer time on all hotels from POP.

yes, i make reference to this above after I check the carrier's website but i guarantee you that if one were to buy a package one would fly direct to El Catey when El Catey opens. They'll save a bundle of money by doing so. Anyway, the universe is unfolding as it should, though a little slower than i would like.

The article in La Presse basically says that they want to get people interested in Samana for when the airport opens and they can fly there direct: "Un aéroport y sera inauguré en novembre et Vacances Signature, qui nolise des appareils de Skyservice, y fera atterrir ses clients."

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wowwww Cacao Beach Hotel looks really nice. I stayed there in 2005. What a difference!!!

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
signature pulled the samana hotels from their website by the looks of it. i assume it's because they will now offer package direct to samana airport rather than over puerto plata.

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Signature to Samana (EPS)

Signature Vacations will be offering direct flights from Canada to Samana beginning:

YYZ: 21 Dec
YOW: 19 Dec (via POP)
YUL: 21 Dec

They will carry the following hotels:

Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo
Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
Viva Wyndham Samana
Cacao Beach

Lasia

Jasper

Bronze