Answer to readdressed political questions

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
To: The moderator
Sub. Answers to questions that were originally asked to Mr. Rick-Pixx-Snyder, but failed to answer and is now putting those question before me:

You asked why is that people usually aren't arrested for breaking the laws in this country, Dom. Rep..
First of all, allow me to clarify the fact that the original question was referring to corrupted government and elected officials, not to the average Joe.

There are many reasons why, many of those who have stolen money from the public funds and banks do not get arrested, thats because the key players are systematically involved. Let me give you an example, when the 2.5 billions dollars were stolen from Bani-tel (I am not sure about the spelling of the Bank's name ) many in key government positions were given a share of the money in the form of expensive gifts, like Jipetas, thus neutralizing the judicial system. And to the best of my knowledge nobody got arrested, and eventually the Dominicans tax payers paid for the 2.5 billions.

The other fact is that Dominicans have a stereotype about the government, that comes from the dictatorship's mafia of Trujillo, were they think the government is a source where you go to participate to get rich.

If the entire system is corrupt, like Jesus said "EL QUE ESTE LIBRE DE PECADO, QUE TIRE LA PRIMERA PIEDRA". This is why the Dominican Municipal League doesn't comply with turning their account sheet from the 115 municipalities, and law# 82-78 is never comply with and the laws are never enforced to make them comply because the system is, like a "mafia", corrupted and nobody in or out of the government is doing something about it.

As many of you already know the governors of the Dominican's provinces are appointed by the central government, currently under the best yet PLD administration. Basically all the laws in the books can be enforced if the central government makes it a priority to pursuit enforcement of anti-corruption legislature and minimize the chronic level of corruption, it can but it doesn't, is as simply as that.

Personally I am not blaming anybody. However, it is my impression that the chronic level of corruption is ignored, and systemically tolerated by the executive and judicial branches of the government and this is do to the lack of action or willingness by the current administration to even talk about it.

The Dominican Republic's provinces do not have the independence from the central government as do the United States of the American, meaning, that the president of the Dominican Republic can do more about corruption, "within the government" if it was something he wanted to do. There is no comparison of blaming the federal U.S government (George W. Bush) for corruption of the budgetary public funds to the current Dominican government since in the U.S.A the governors are elected not appointed.

These are some answers to my original question readdressed back to the original source.

Last edited:

El Vegano

Apr 20, 2006
Huh!?

Huh!?.....What?......Ha! Ha! Ha!

This guy doesn't learn. He is going to keep opening up ridiculous threads for his dribble, regardless.

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Y de la substancial que? Mirate en un espejo, pa ' que hable.

Chris said:
There is good news... he learnt to spell in the meantime... ;)

Yes apparently I didn't "learnt" to spell. However I "learned" to double check what I write and will continue to learn from my mistake. How about you? Did you "LEARNT" OR LEARNED?

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Check the dictionary

rtejeda said:
Yes apparently I didn't "learnt" to spell. However I "learned" to double check what I write and will continue to learn from my mistake. How about you? Did you "LEARNT" OR LEARNED?

For someone who thinks they have a degree you really don't know much:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/LEARNT

learnt ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l?rnt) v.
A past tense and a past participle of learn.

Main Entry: learn
Pronunciation: 'l&rn
Function: verb
Inflected Form: learned /'l&rnd, 'l&rnt/ also learnt /'l&rnt/; learn?ing

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, I did not want to hijack the thread. My spelling ( or rather grammar) in this instance was correct, but on the other hand, I can show you many errors that I have made on the board in the past.

Thank-you for checking your work - it makes an enormous difference to be able to figure out what you are saying. Mind, I'm still trying to figure out the meaning, but the sentences make sense now.

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
"Vegano al fin", que mas?

;)
El Vegano said:
Huh!?.....What?......Ha! Ha! Ha!

This guy doesn't learn. He is going to keep opening up ridiculous threads for his dribble, regardless.

Huh!?.....What?......Ha! Ha! Ha! This guy doesn't learn. He is going to keep replying to ridiculous threads to a dribble, regardless. Why bother?:bunny:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Ricardo, your corruption issue is moot. Corruption is hardwired into our current political system. All political parties, in every election, hav included the issue of corruption in their platforms. Even Trujillo, who ended up owning over 60% of the entire DR. Balaguer used to say that corruption stopped at the door to his office (...en la puerta de mi despacho), yet he allowed all his cronies and associates to stick their greasy hands in the government coffers. Does that make him clean of corruption? I know from experience that you cannot register a new political party without relying on corrupt practices, you can’t even become a candidate of a certified political party...

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
rtejeda said:
;)

Huh!?.....What?......Ha! Ha! Ha! This guy doesn't learn. He is going to keep replying to ridiculous threads to a dribble, regardless. Why bother?:bunny:

Well, this confirms it. This is a troll. :tired:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
rtejeda,
I have refrained from posting so fdar as I felt you had enough people on your back (& like Chris I wasn't too sure what your message/question was). I understand that you are anti PLD & FOR your new party (P.E.D.??)!!

PLD was NOT responsible for the bank collapse of 2003 - the PREVIOUS administration was.

The PLD (like them or not) ARE trying to bring some of the culprits for the three bank collapses to court - they are having problems due to a) the judiciarry being corrupt & b) limited support from ALL PARTIES to get corruption under control. IF the 'masses' (the voters) cared a Damn, this corruption could be reduced quite dramatically - basically, the voters are (& always have been) more interested in their stomach TODAY rather than what the may have tomorrow. Hence corruption is allowed to continue!!

Finally, if you REALLY want to be a player in the political field, you really SHOULD check out important information you are trying to use as examples! The Bank you are referring to was called BanInter, the two others were BanCredito & Mercantil. If you want to hit the soap-boxes, you MUST get to know what you are talking about & name names correctly !! ~ Grahame.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Rtejeda,

Thank you for that response as we are now talking man to man/board which is and was my desire from the outset. Disregard those that are jabbing pointed objects at you because if you ignore them then their object becomes duller and with time they will join in on the dialogue you initiate.

Please disregard any question I may ask on the workings within the DR, i.e. why aren’t crooks punished? This is due to the fact that I have lived here 10 years and have acquired the necessary knowledge to know why. The purpose of me asking those questions is to determine if you know why because you do not live here and I’m just feeling out your knowledge of the workings here.

A classic example of this relates to another board member that is Dominican by birth but lives in the US like you. Because of this other member being of rich parents and having never been poor, and is very intelligent, that person can not, regardless as to how hard they try, ever relate to the average Dominican. I am trying to ascertain if you fit the same mold, as this will help me in determining your perception of the situation within the DR at all levels.

In a number of posts you have in fact tried to put blame of the sorry state of affairs here on Leonel and/or the PLD. I will once again tell you that there is only so much a president in a democracy can do without the backing of the other branches. This is why so many situations within the US government relate directly to the situations here in the DR government and the reason for my using the US as an example.

Until and after 16 August 2006 you can not use the PLD as a whipping boy for the situations here in the DR. If, after 16 Aug, things don’t start getting better quickly then you and everyone else, to include me, will be just and correct to put ALL blame on Leonel and the PLD political party.

There are a lot of people that are hoping and praying that both the president and the PLD will have the moral and ethical integrity to do the right things for this fine country. Now is not the time to be pointing fingers at this or that bad person but rather to be standing behind the ruling entity and supporting and pushing them in the right direction. With the people out in the open suggesting, demanding, requesting, organizing and supporting those in power then the possibility of positive change is increased.

Some of the things you stated about the infrastructure of the government are true and all indications are that this can be included in the proposed constitutional reform that is due to start next month. People such as yourself should be doing everything you can to insure that such things are discussed during this reform. One fact of life that I can tell you is that your discussion of those important issues on this board without the personal involvement from you or people like you will accomplish nothing.

I have thrown out the gauntlet and the question therefore arises if you wish to pick up that gauntlet and run with it? Of course you can do the proverbial action of drawing up a chair and watching it sit there if you wish. If you wish to pick it up and don’t know how to run with it and need help then say so on this board and suggestions will be offered to you.

One last item to mention. If you desire to communicate with us on this board it is suggested you do such in the same thread that you have generated rather then starting a new thread.

Rick

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
rtejeda said:
To: The moderator
Sub. Answers to questions that were originally asked to Mr. Rick-Pixx-Snyder, but failed to answer and is now putting those question before me:

You asked why is that people usually aren't arrested for breaking the laws in this country, Dom. Rep..
First of all, allow me to clarify the fact that the original question was referring to corrupted government and elected officials, not to the average Joe.

There are many reasons why, many of those who have stolen money from the public funds and banks do not get arrested, thats because the key players are systematically involved. Let me give you an example, when the 2.5 billions dollars were stolen from Bani-tel (I am not sure about the spelling of the Bank's name ) many in key government positions were given a share of the money in the form of expensive gifts, like Jipetas, thus neutralizing the judicial system. And to the best of my knowledge nobody got arrested, and eventually the Dominicans tax payers paid for the 2.5 billions.

The other fact is that Dominicans have a stereotype about the government, that comes from the dictatorship's mafia of Trujillo, were they think the government is a source where you go to participate to get rich.

If the entire system is corrupt, like Jesus said "EL QUE ESTE LIBRE DE PECADO, QUE TIRE LA PRIMERA PIEDRA". This is why the Dominican Municipal League doesn't comply with turning their account sheet from the 115 municipalities, and law# 82-78 is never comply with and the laws are never enforced to make them comply because the system is, like a "mafia", corrupted and nobody in or out of the government is doing something about it.

As many of you already know the governors of the Dominican's provinces are appointed by the central government, currently under the best yet PLD administration. Basically all the laws in the books can be enforced if the central government makes it a priority to pursuit enforcement of anti-corruption legislature and minimize the chronic level of corruption, it can but it doesn't, is as simply as that.

Personally I am not blaming anybody. However, it is my impression that the chronic level of corruption is ignored, and systemically tolerated by the executive and judicial branches of the government and this is do to the lack of action or willingness by the current administration to even talk about it.

The Dominican Republic's provinces do not have the independence from the central government as do the United States of the American, meaning, that the president of the Dominican Republic can do more about corruption, "within the government" if it was something he wanted to do. There is no comparison of blaming the federal U.S government (George W. Bush) for corruption of the budgetary public funds to the current Dominican government since in the U.S.A the governors are elected not appointed.

These are some answers to my original question readdressed back to the original source.

Question???

Since you are starting a new political party and want people to vote for you I think it's imperative that you answer questions!!

Here are 2

What are you planning to do to correct the whole gameship you are talking about ??
How are you planning to resolve it/plan??

Please don't give me the same bs I've been hearing since I was 6 y/o from all of the past presidents who wanted to be there, got there and did very little of what they promised the nation!!?????

I hope you can put some new words we haven't heard of before!!

Please respond!!

G

gary short

Mirador said:
Randy, you have a Dick Cheney, so why can't we have a Dick Tejeda...

Dick Tejeda; renound Dominican beer guzzling qual hunter and a deadly accurate shot I might add.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
BushBaby said:
Finally, if you REALLY want to be a player in the political field, you really SHOULD check out important information you are trying to use as examples!
That and a few other things, tejeda.
You're getting your shorts all twisted up about people correcting your grammar & spelling.
After having completed the schooling you claim, you should be able to spell properly by now, and your grammar should be impeccable.
In the absence of that, one would tend to believe that you were not schooled as you stated, or that you were at the bottom of your class, and got through on a sports scholarship.
Either way, neither is a good foundation for a hopeful future political leader.
To take it one step further.
If your spelling & grammar is that poor and you are a presidential hopeful, you would either have to learn to proofread or hire someone to do so.
The net result of all this is, that nobody can take you seriously.
As you rarely, if ever, address the issues put forth to you, and insist on opening new threads, to avoid the subject, it puts your character in question, as well as your ethics.
Perhaps it's time to step back, and reconsider your career choices.
I'm all for someone aiming high, but you simply are not qualified for the job, and never will be, so go for a goal that is attainable.