Marinas

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gary short

Anyone out there know anything about marina facilities in Manzanillo/ Monte Cristi. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Monte Cristi. Small powerboats marina with 10' fixed bridge but access with 5' depth along 1.5nm canal from east. Next marinas are in Luperón.

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
Depends on what services you need. As Tuan mentioned Club Nautico in Montecristi can take powerboats up to about 45ft LOA / 5ft draft. Its not a bad place to hang out for a couple of days and stock up on some supplies or fuel, but there are no lift facilities. I've also seen a few shallow draft sailboats in there. You have to be careful when you get near the club if you enter from the canal because they don't keep it dredged and there is a shoal right in the middle of the channel.

There is a good anchorage in Manzanillo but no real facilities. PM me and I can try to send a few pictures of Montecristi to your e-mail.

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
dom_rep.html

OK, I think I figured this thing out. There are a few pictures of some friends and me at Club Nautico a few years ago.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
manzinillo

I live in Manzinillo, and have a 50' schooner. It is a great huricane hole, but there are NO facilities here. I just hauled my boat in North West Jamaica, Port Antonio, great new left and yard.
joe

G

gary short

Well Well dogstar you made it. Did you finally get crew? Any distress sale boats on the hard in Port Antonio?????

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
sorry no reply

but I can never remember how to get back to were i was posting. Had a great time, many people came from the US to crew and yes even chip in. We went to Jamaica, Cuba, Camen Brac, and back to Jamaica. Unfurtuneatly I had to leave the boat in Janmaic and go to the US for emeg.med treatment.
joe

G

gary short

but I can never remember how to get back to were i was posting. Had a great time, many people came from the US to crew and yes even chip in. We went to Jamaica, Cuba, Camen Brac, and back to Jamaica. Unfurtuneatly I had to leave the boat in Janmaic and go to the US for emeg.med treatment.
joe

Hang in there buddy......make sure you stay in touch..good luck.

Regards Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.