Bride And Gloom

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sheet!!!:p We see this every day on the Sankie 101 Board...This is the game!!

And they think DR sankies are devious!!

HB:D:D:D

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Sounds like just another day in the life of a "sankie"....really not that shocking unfortunately (as sad as it seems).

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
there have been high profile cases of foreign spouses getting deported where they have been able to prove that the marriage and permanent residency were obtain fraudulently...she should make the claim to immigration

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Did they get married in a church?
Maybe they could get the marriage anulled...
mkohn

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Nelly said:
there have been high profile cases of foreign spouses getting deported where they have been able to prove that the marriage and permanent residency were obtain fraudulently...she should make the claim to immigration

I know some that have tried...these victims invest so much time and $$$ proving to these immigration officials the validity of their loving relationship...now you want them to say they have been taken for a ride?? Immigration is not interested, they have signed on the dotted line, its a done deal! It is close to impssible to get someone deported on these grounds. I know someone who sought the advice of top notch lawyers in this situation and they were basically told to sit it out until the 3 year "sentence" was up.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
mkohn said:
Did they get married in a church?
Maybe they could get the marriage anulled...
mkohn

I don't think getting a church annulment would release someone of their responsibility for support of the first three years. All she can hope for is that he doesn't know about that law and goes on to find his own way.

When you sign that paper saying you will be responsible for three years the government washes their hands of it.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Nelly said:

Nelly I think it might work in some cases where the immigrant took off at the airport. I think we had one of those stories in a Toronto newspaper. But in this case he was with her for three months. He can say it didn't work out. If he is forced to defend himself his lawyer will inform him of his rights to be supported.

How does it go, " let sleeping dogs lay" or something like that. She'll never get her 60,000.00 back and the revenge will end up costing her more..

Of course it's easy to say, I'm not the one that lost 60,000.00. If it was me I'd find him and remove his lower tonsils :laugh:

Ok I'm just kidding;)

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
please help me understand ?

is this the law in the US too? This whole thing is totally unbelievable. No wonder there are so many posts out there on DR1 warning tourists to beware. People with good as well as bad intentions are everywhere not just the DR, but is life really that bad there that this sort of thing happens so often. And how does this happen. I got sucked in just a little if anyone has read any of my other posts. But thank goodness thats all behind me now. How does a person just wait, plan and continue to deceive another human being for months, if not years. I could never be a sankie. I am just too impatient, and I would never want to intentionally hurt, swindel, lie, cheat another out of everything. with so many tourists coming and going wouldnt it be enough to just work them while they are there. what is this long drawn out web of deception for. cant they save up enough from the "business" they have to pay for their own way out. I dont know the immigration laws or the process, but if the bottom line is to get out of the country, and get a green card, why take down so many victims in order to "better" yourself. If they have all this time on their hands, than cant they just apply for a visa, or apply for a green card. What are they going to do for a living in another country once they are there ? if they have just one skill, than are they going to continue to use that on their resumes. Or do they usually look for work on Broadway, or in musicals, or pursue acting as a career. What is the end results? what is accomplished. I am just too stupid to see the big picture. Or, just too American, and been blessed with the opportunities to work hard, save my money, work harder, grow old, keep working, and than die. I guess the difference is what I can buy along the way. I guess that old saying about: "he who dies with the most toys wins " is that what its all about. People live in poverty everywhere. Dont ruin someone elses life to change yours. get up and do something to help yourself, work hard, save your money, work harder, grow old, keep working, and than die. its all the same. And heck, people who live in the DR at least wake up everyday to a beautiful country and a beautiful ocean all around them.Maybe life isnt as it is in a resort area, but it isnt like that anywhere else either. why do us Americans travel to the DR for a little R and R and to take in the beauty of the island home these sankies are just robbing others to get out of. Where the heck are we all going anyway ? I guess none of us really know just what we have, or what our blessings are. Sometimes we just forget to look and value what we do have. Please help me, I am ignorant. I better get off theis computer, I'm getting depressed, and its Sunday evening, so tomarrow its back to being 1 day older, and still working harder and harder. ( I do know I have a lot to be thankful for, but especially on Sunday evening its hard to remember, when Monday morning rolls around so quick )
*** Dance Away

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
AnnaC said:
If it was me I'd find him and remove his lower tonsils :laugh:

Ok I'm just kidding;)

The least one could do is stick a hockey stick up his keister.

What a dirt bag.

Sankie 101: required reading for all

G

gary short

CANADIAN BRIDE BEAMED UP BY ALIEN......DITTLED WITH THEN DUMPED IN TORONTO...............oh....my......god......Toronto..geez the poor thing.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay papa'!

Funny schyt!!.

The law should be changed to 3 years instead of them getting their legal status immediately.

I hope her story helps those "lust-struck" and "mine is different" fools!.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Que cojones

miguel said:
Funny schyt!!.

The law should be changed to 3 years instead of them getting their legal status immediately.

I hope her story helps those "lust-struck" and "mine is different" fools!.

Can you beleive that? I dont understand how these muthaphuckers can be so damn heartless!!! I mean its one thing that they swindle the money, that can be replaced, but the TRAUMA?? my god

see what i mean about their "stories?" my aunts husband ALSO had said they should stay in DR and make a life there etc etc, to PROVE that he had NO interest in a visa etc etc, a few months past and all of a sudden it wasnt in "their" best interest blah blah blah.

THEY ALL USE THE SAME LINES!!

THEY NEVER LEARN- you wait and see "marie" from toronto or "annie" from london post and ask about "julio"... so freaking blind

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Nelly said:

I think this happens in cases where a person gets abused by her/his immigrant spouse. In this case sankie gets deported. It is also the case that if a person marries someone, leaves home country and then their foreign spouse starts abusing him/her and there is a proof - they get to stay without having to keep that marriage for 2-3 years. Sometimes sankies use that trying to prove that it was not their fault at all that they left their motherland and are being mistreated by their spouse abroad, and that is why they have to leave .... Sometimes they even get to receive alimony payments or something like that:)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
she was 33 with a daughter and probably overweight. He was 30 dark and handsome. Now a handsome guy in DR or cuba can have his pick of fine young model like girls anytime. So here is my question: why in hell would he go out with a woman who is over weight, older than him and looks average? Surely for financial gain or to get out of his island dead-end life. There are women on DR1 right at this moment who are being played and yet they think they have found true love. You know whom I am talking about, grandma.
Wake up before you too are left heart broken.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
There's no picture of him so we can't say he was handsome but there is a picture of her and if you had read the article insteadd of jumping to the usual overweight crappy line you'd see she has no fat on her.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
AZB said:
she was 33 with a daughter and probably overweight. He was 30 dark and handsome. Now a handsome guy in DR or cuba can have his pick of fine young model like girls anytime. So here is my question: why in hell would he go out with a woman who is over weight, older than him and looks average? Surely for financial gain or to get out of his island dead-end life. There are women on DR1 right at this moment who are being played and yet they think they have found true love. You know whom I am talking about, grandma.
Wake up before you too are left heart broken.
AZB

I saw a couple exactly like that yesterday in a US restaurant - an American woman around 35 (not really attractive) with a daughter and a tall dark handsome guy around 30. She probably did not read DR1 stories:)