He is married to her sister

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
My neighbor, who is an American, has been living with a Dominicana for the past eleven years. He is married to her sister because he was told that marriage would expedite his residency. Now he wants to terminate the relationship because of physical abuse by his novia. She wants a half from the sale of their house and half of all that they have together. She told him that her sister is also entitled to part of what ever he owns because he is her husband. The novia came into the relationship with nothing but worked hard to help him in his business. What do you think are his options? Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) Where do they live?(If it's in the DR, ouch!)
2) HE SHOULD REACH AN AMICABLE AGREEMENT WITH THE girlfriend.
3) He will have to give half of everything to his wife! if he divorces her!!

IF the girfried can prove that they have been living together as husband and wife, she has a case.

Your neighbor is basically screwed.

He committed fraud by marrying the sister inorder to facilitate a residency. He can denounce this but then he is is trouble withuncle Sam/
The "novia" has a case because eleven years is enough for a judge to confirm a "de facto" relationship, and this, in turn, gives her rights to a share out.

Can you spell f*****???

HB :D:D:D

Last edited:

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
This is interesting, an American that commits fraud, a fake marriage, to obtain DR residency :surprised . Mostly it's the other way round :ermm:.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm thinking that it was because she was younger and the money he got for marrying the other sister was able to support himself in good style.. Something like that!! LOL:p:p:p

Oh man is he so screwed!!

HB ROTFLMAO:p:p:p:p

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you have any idea how much a residence visa to the USA is worth?

People pay RD$100,000+ for fake tourist visas.

This is one of the reasons it takes so long for approval nowadays.....

Believe me this was a money deal, with maybe a little sex thrown in as an added incentive.

HB :D:D:D:D

And, upon further consideration leads me to think that this might be the only way out:

"Listen you @#$%@, if you try and take more than i am offering you, I will tell the consulate that your sister and I married for money, and she will be kicked out of the US for visa fraud, No i don't care what happens to me!!""

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
The other sister is an abogada who lives in Santo Domingo with her live in hombre and children. She was the one who suggested the marriage. I don't believe there was any money exchange. This is all happening here in the DR.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Do you have any idea how much a residence visa to the USA is worth?
HB, I believe the marriage was to expedite a residency visa in the DR, not the US.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh boy!

Play by the rules or get F'ed at the end!.

When one is breaking the rules, one needs to be able to handle the consequences that comes with it.

All I can say is, and make sure you tell your friend this:

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL. He will need all the help he can get after the sisters eat him alive!!. And they WILL!.

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
He just left my house on his way to the office of his abogado,who suggested that he should file for a divorce ahora. He also shared that his novia has been abusing him for a long time but he was afraid to do anything about it. He is in love with her and hopes that some way she will change.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This 'novela' should be on Univision!!!

How low can you go???

And then they talk about women and sankies!!!

I do believe he is f@%$!!! By 2 Dominican women!!! Poor thing!

MQ

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Was the marriage consummated?

Or was he living with both sisters?

If the marriage was not consummated, there is the possibility of voiding the marriage and therefore avoiding the division of the ?community property?

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
No the marriage was not consumated. He lived with his novia, her sister whom he married lives in SD with her family. Is the novia and "the wife" entitled to part of the community property? If he gets a divorce now would that protect him from sharing with "the wife"? Thanks

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
Chapter II: My friend now has three attorneys, one for the sale of the house another for obtaining the divorce from the sister and a third for getting him back into the house because last week she put him out and populated the house with her kids and grand-kids. He tried to get back in, but she tore the shirt off his back, ripped his shorts and flooded his car with the garden hose. He was "attacked" by the oldest daughter who threw his laptop into the pool. His keys are missing and his address book is misplaced. She now has the services of an abogado who had her to sign an agreement that would pay him twenty percent of whatever she gets. She signed a "power of something". While all this is happening here in the DR, my friend is sleeping with her in his hotel room and paying her for sex. When she needs money she goes by, he buys and she leaves. She now has changed the locks on the front gate, threatened to sell his dog if he does not continue to pay the phone and light bills. To be continued.