Coop Marena -Juan Dolio

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
On my recent trip to the DR I found an interesting place to stay, especially in the off season. It is the Coop Marena Beach Resort in Juan Dolio.

MommC had suggested that I stay at the Romeo & Juliet but their A/C was broken so I asked Francesca, who runs the R&J to suggest a place. She said that I should get a good rate at Coop and told me to tell them that she referred me.

When we checked in on Sunday afternoon the place was a hub of activity. People were in the pool, on the private beach, playing pool, and at the bar, but by around 8pm all of that had changed. We had almost the entire hotel to ourselves for the 4 days we were there.

The food was very good but not a lot of choice. Rooms were large, clean, and had plenty of hot water and cold a/c. Drinks were excellent, and the pool and pvt. beach were small but adequate. The staff spoke almost no English but between Tonya and me we had little problems in communication. The best part was the rate. The AI rate was $75USD per day for the both of us.

I later found out that the Coop Marena basically serves Dominican cliental almost exclusively during the off season. I think it is a very good place to visit at these rates or even a little higher.

Chuckuindy

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well chucky.......I have mentioned the Marena Beach Resort also. (now known as coop marena).
It's definitely Dominican and great value if you're there during the week. It can get really rowdy on weekends tho' :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Not really mikey......about two kilometers down the beach road, near the main hwy / Los conucos intersection.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
from where to where and what time of day/night??

If you can do it where ever you are from you can usually do it here also taking much the same type of precautions....