The Diva returns to Fenway

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
That former Sports Network ESPN (I think the actual game is on ESPN2) will have the Saaaaawx-Mets game tonight. Should be a good show.

He was given a rousing and emotional welcome last night, and he'll be sure to get an even bigger one tonight. Should be a very interesting game for all fans.

I'm going to make sure I at least get to see the first inning.

He's the greatest thing to ever happen to the Red Sox in my lifetime. The championship is attached to that, but he's a major reason I ever got involved with the DR in the first place. A significant impact on my life, as I'm sure many others.

Enjoy.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Cleef said:
That former Sports Network ESPN (I think the actual game is on ESPN2) will have the Saaaaawx-Mets game tonight. Should be a good show.

He was given a rousing and emotional welcome last night, and he'll be sure to get an even bigger one tonight. Should be a very interesting game for all fans.

He's the greatest thing to ever happen to the Red Sox in my lifetime. The championship is attached to that, but he's a major reason I ever got involved with the DR in the first place. A significant impact on my life, as I'm sure many others.

Enjoy.

yes that was very touching how they gave him a standing ovation. He is such a gentleman, sent hugs to everyone and wave at everyone there, showed his appreciation and love for the Sox. it was very nice to watch. Made me very proud.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
A great ovation he got!

Cleef said:

Enjoy.
Well, yes, they did gave him a pretty good ovation. Then:

They beat the hell out of him. Then:

He was booed when he hit a Boston player. Then:

He was taken out of the game after 3 innings, I believe.

Let's just give credit where credit is due: The Boston pitcher was GREAT!.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Buzz Saaaaaawx

He was certainly distracted, he's emotional, I'm not surprised of the result. In addition the Saaaawx are playing very well - and suddenly Beckett has 10 wins, wow.

I was certain he wouldn't be booed - at least until the game started, but I wonder if the result wouldn't have been much different if the reception was cold.

I sense the motivation and focus would have been razor sharp and it would have been a classic pitcher's duel.

A repeat of 1986 this year?

Hopefully a different ending if it happens again, but that would be a super matchup.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Steve Pindar said:
Cleef - you're such a fan of Pedro. Would you like his autograph? I'm pretty sure I know where I can get one for you buddy....wink wink.

Hey I want one for my son. Please. can he meet him? ? :) pleeease.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Pay to the order of:

Steve Pindar said:
Cleef - you're such a fan of Pedro. Would you like his autograph? I'm pretty sure I know where I can get one for you buddy....wink wink.
Hey Steve, if he'd put it in the bottom right hand corner, with a large number above it, yeah, I'd love his signature.