Help Please!

helper

Jul 2, 2006
I am trying to make travel arrangements for three retired ladies for a visit to the Bayahibe - Dominicus area in January. It would be cheaper as well as more convenient for them to fly into Santo Domingo (SDQ). A taxi from there seems a reasonable idea, approx. how much ($) and how long (time) and is there a better way?

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
Removed as non-responsive; would have been left if it was at least funny.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The travel time to Bayahibe by taxi from SDQ is about 2 - 2? hours depending on traffic and the boldness of the driver.

There is an option of flying into La Romana airport which is closer to Bayahibe , only a half hour surface transit to the Dominicus. However the downside is most international airfares into LRM are higher than the rates to SDQ.

Regards,
PJT

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Who am I to argue...but I did the direct drive between Bayahibe and SDQ a couple of times this year and it took 90 minutes. To go to or from the city of Santo Domingo takes, of course, longer but SDQ being so far east saves a lot of time. As per PJT's boldness comment, a driver exceeding the speed limit helps too, but our speed seemed to be the standard for the traffic encountered. Add a maximum 10 minutes to get from Bayahibe to Dominicus.

As always, I will assert that I don't know the country like you all do, but can only share my experience.

Kaki