Need a Villa in DR

mandryjx

Jun 27, 2006
Planning on traveling out there in '07 and need to accommodate at least 20 people. Hoping to find a luxury villa - anyone have any suggestions.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Not sure what area of the island you are going to...

I have heard Hacienda Villas are very nice. Not sure of price, but their website is http://www.hacienda-resorts.com/.

They are located in Confresi, close to Puerto Plata on the North Coast

lisa

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hacienda has 78 villas. For a group of 20 you will need 3 villas most likely depending on whether they are all adult or a mix of adult and children.

Sun Village, next door to Hacienda has only 3 villas that are fairly hard to book.

There are also other private bookings available throughout the country. What area of hte country do you want to go to?

mandryjx

Jun 27, 2006
planner said:
What area of hte country do you want to go to?
Do not have a specific area in mind - will do the north, south, east or west if the accommodations are irrisistable. Thank you for your suggestion. Very much appreciated.

mandryjx

Jun 27, 2006
baileyboy said:
Not sure what area of the island you are going to...

I have heard Hacienda Villas are very nice. Not sure of price, but their website is http://www.hacienda-resorts.com/.

They are located in Confresi, close to Puerto Plata on the North Coast

lisa
Thank you lisa - will look into these. Much appreciated.

mandryjx

Jun 27, 2006
rmary said:
Hey Mandryjx,

Aren't you my long lost cousin?????:bunny:

Rose
Why would you say that. I never knew of any family members that reside in DR. Send me a private msg, we can take it from there.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
mandryjx said:
Why would you say that. I never knew of any family members that reside in DR. Send me a private msg, we can take it from there.

I was just kidding. I was jokingly angling for an invite to Villa Castellamonte.

Rose

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
So do I get an invite? LOL

Seriously, PLEASE write a trip report as this kind of accomodation is rarely covered in reports and reviews. Some of us like to live vicariously........and some pictures would be great too.

Rose

mandryjx

Jun 27, 2006
rmary said:
So do I get an invite? LOL

Seriously, PLEASE write a trip report as this kind of accomodation is rarely covered in reports and reviews. Some of us like to live vicariously........and some pictures would be great too.

Rose
Hi Rose - you are too funny. I wish I could invite - fact is we're doing a family reunion, while at the same time celebrating my daughter's quinceneria. Perhaps one day I could send a shout out to those associated with this forum and recreate the moment on a different occasion. Something similar to what one of the other members did in celebration of the 4th of July. Based on the list I saw, he seems to have gathered quite a bunch. Oh, and yes I will do a write up, as I am totally appreciative of those who were nice enough to make the recommendation. Again, thanks to all for the wonderful tips, and the fabulous suggestions. Humbled by all of the niceties.