IFA Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & SPA

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
This AI use to be called Barcelo Villas Bavaro Resort. I decided to go with this resort for my vacation.

If anyone has any input on this resort, please share. Good or bad. Thanks in advance for your help.

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
I stayed at this resort last July. The grounds, the pools and the beach are beautiful. The room decorations and bathrooms were a little worn out. The food for breakfast is good all other meals are hit and miss.

The service of the staff was just fine. Everyone was friendly and eager to help

The quality of the Liquors used in all drinks is extermely low. The Rum they were pouring was not a recognized brand by any of my Dominican relatives.

Of course we were paying $46.00 per person per night, so I guess we got what we paid for.

Over-all you have a very basic hotel in a spectacular setting.

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
I stayed at IFA in 2003, like the previous person stated the grounds are beautiful, the beach isnt right on the resort like some others, all in all i would not go back, it is a very quiet resort if that is what you are looking for, not much going on, and absolutly no night life, no disco, the resort pretty much closes down at 10 pm

DRG

Apr 2, 2006
Sorry I did not see this earlier. I am new to this site. I have been to this resorts 6 time since 1998 and have never been disappointed. And yes it does IMHO have the best part of the beach in Punta Cana. Oh it does have a Disco right on the beach that goes till about 2am in the moring. It is a quiet resort and bang for the buck I don't think you can beat it.

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
Yes indeed there is a disco right on the beach at night. During the day it covered patio where you can get out of the sun for a drink and a snack. As the previous poster said the IFA is pretty good deal if you do not need luxury