All about Jostan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
mine

I guess it's a little bit too early to share my 'succes' story, coz we are only 15 months together but anyway I want to share it.
In feb 2005 I went to the DR for 4 months to do a research project for school, in the beginning of march I met my boyfriend. I have to admit it started out as a fling and I didnt take it serious at all. But after a month or so we were still together (haha) and it was getting more serious . At this time we (me and a friend) were still living in Sosua, but going to Cabarete everyday, my boyfriend asked us why we didnt move to cabarete (he lives in Cabarete too). So then he started looking for an appartement for us and after a week we had a great appartment for a very good price! He practically moved in with us from that day :p He was sleeping there every night and most of the day he was with me too, except for the hours he had to work on kitebeach. He took me all over the country and introduced me to all his friends and family.
But then in june the day came that I had to leave...:( We didnt broke up, but I think we both had the idea that we wouldnt last very long after i was back in my own country. Anyway it turned out different, when i was back home i missed him a lot and withing 4 weeks I went for a month back to see how it was with us (i lived in his house). Everything was still great and we tried to get him a tourist visa to come visit me. We got it without any problem.
Then on the 30th of july I had to go back again, we called everyday (well i called) and he came online every day to talk to me on the msn.
After 6 weeks (of very high phonebills) i went there again and took him with me to holland (1 month). It even got more serious after that, because this time he met all my friends and family too and saw all my stuff. Anyway the day he had to leave holland was horrible and living in holland alone was now even harder then before.
But I managed to go back there and get another visa for him for 3 months. These 3 months have just passed, he just left 2 weeks ago and Im going there in 4 weeks and im gonna stay for 6 months or so. If everything goes well when im there we are planning to marry in 2007, but i have no doubt it will all go well.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jostan said:
I guess it's a little bit too early to share my 'succes' story, coz we are only 15 months together but anyway I want to share it.
In feb 2005 I went to the DR for 4 months to do a research project for school, in the beginning of march I met my boyfriend. I have to admit it started out as a fling and I didnt take it serious at all. But after a month or so we were still together (haha) and it was getting more serious . At this time we (me and a friend) were still living in Sosua, but going to Cabarete everyday, my boyfriend asked us why we didnt move to cabarete (he lives in Cabarete too). So then he started looking for an appartement for us and after a week we had a great appartment for a very good price! He practically moved in with us from that day :p He was sleeping there every night and most of the day he was with me too, except for the hours he had to work on kitebeach. He took me all over the country and introduced me to all his friends and family.
But then in june the day came that I had to leave...:( We didnt broke up, but I think we both had the idea that we wouldnt last very long after i was back in my own country. Anyway it turned out different, when i was back home i missed him a lot and withing 4 weeks I went for a month back to see how it was with us (i lived in his house). Everything was still great and we tried to get him a tourist visa to come visit me. We got it without any problem.
Then on the 30th of july I had to go back again, we called everyday (well i called) and he came online every day to talk to me on the msn.
After 6 weeks (of very high phonebills) i went there again and took him with me to holland (1 month). It even got more serious after that, because this time he met all my friends and family too and saw all my stuff. Anyway the day he had to leave holland was horrible and living in holland alone was now even harder then before.
But I managed to go back there and get another visa for him for 3 months. These 3 months have just passed, he just left 2 weeks ago and Im going there in 4 weeks and im gonna stay for 6 months or so. If everything goes well when im there we are planning to marry in 2007, but i have no doubt it will all go well.
Who paid for his visa and plane ticket? Who paid for his trips? if the answer is you, then my dear, can you blame him for being with you? He sleeps with a young white girl (assuming he is black) who pays for everything, even trips to holland. Who wouldn't go ahead with this deal? What type of a working man can take 3 months off to leave country at will?
I say you have the perfect guy in your hands. marry him now.
AZB

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
We both paid the plane ticket, about half/half, since he couldnt afford me. The visa is only 35 euro, so he could pay that for himself, haha :cheeky:
Im not paying everything for him, when Im there I sleep in his house and give his mom some money for cover my food expenses and thats it. As a matter of fact a lot of times he even gives me his paycheck (after paying for gasoline and food etc.) so i can do some stuff that I like (since im usually broke when im there...) Anyway I dont have to go into all the financial details, I do understand your concern, but not everybody is the same.
He works as a kite instructor, he's not a rich guy, but by dominican standards he's not poor either. Thats also why he can take 3 months off AND get his job back when he goed back.
Lol, i dont blame him at all for being with me,after all I am the perfect girl ;)

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Jostan said:
We both paid the plane ticket, about half/half, since he couldnt afford me. The visa is only 35 euro, so he could pay that for himself, haha :cheeky:
Im not paying everything for him, when Im there I sleep in his house and give his mom some money for cover my food expenses and thats it. As a matter of fact a lot of times he even gives me his paycheck (after paying for gasoline and food etc.) so i can do some stuff that I like (since im usually broke when im there...) Anyway I dont have to go into all the financial details, I do understand your concern, but not everybody is the same.
He works as a kite instructor, he's not a rich guy, but by dominican standards he's not poor either. Thats also why he can take 3 months off AND get his job back when he goed back.
Lol, i dont blame him at all for being with me,after all I am the perfect girl ;)

How do you get visa's so quickly??

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
NL Vacas

Jostan said:
.... we are only 15 months together...
Nonsense, don't fool yourself.
He is here, you are over there (for most of the time).

Jostan said:
...my boyfriend asked us why we didnt move to cabarete (he lives in Cabarete too)....and after a week we had a great appartment ...
...which at that point made it clear what kind of reputation you have in Dominican standards.

Jostan said:
He took me all over the country and introduced me to all his friends and family.
Very normal, it's called the milking cow tour.

Jostan said:
...we are planning to marry in 2007, but i have no doubt it will all go well.
It will go well.
For him anyway.

But why marry?
www.rent-a-sankie.info
(in German)

m'frog

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jostan said:
You have a lot to learn my dear friend. You rented the apartment and he lived there for free. How dare he takes money from you for food when you were a guest in his house? An honorable dominican will never charge his girlfreind for food money.
Of course, he is poor, that is all every girl finds here. I doubt he paid half for his trip. maybe a little bit of it but you were the one who paid for most. The reason he is able to go away for 3 months and gets his job back when he returns is because no one wants his job in the first place. While you are there missing him, he is sleeping with other perfect girls like yourself and maybe the not so perfect types as well. This is all they do and for that reason alone you met him just like all the other girls he meets. You think it was an accident that he chose you? Hahahahaha.
nevermind. I wish you the best of luck.
AZB

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
AZB said:
The reason he is able to go away for 3 months and gets his job back when he returns is because no one wants his job in the first place.

HAAAAA!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
Hmm, you can all think what you want, I really dont care (too much)
First for DR standards he has a pretty good job, a lot of tourist come there to do this job too.
Second he doesnt ask me for money when Im staying in his house, he's telling me not to do it. But I dont feel comfortable with his money cooking and cleaning for me everyday without anything in return.
Third: the longest we have been apart is 6 weeks (in total we have been 10 months together and away from eachother for 5)
Fourth: lol, you can believe whatever you want about the ticket, he paid 20000 pesos to be exact and i paid 14000
Fifth: i have a whole bunch of friends in the DR, some dominican, some foreign residents and some long staying tourist, I doubt they will all shut up
Sixth: I didnt say he's poor, I said he's not rich, but he isnt poor either.

But it doesnt matter what I say, you will believe he's a sanky anyway, just be gratefull that i am the one that's with him and not you :)

To the one asking about the visas: it was just a tourist visa, he had all the right papers (and me too) so that was not a problem (i live in Holland, I dont know how the rules are in your country)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jostan said:
Hmm, you can all think what you want, I really dont care (too much)
First for DR standards he has a pretty good job, a lot of tourist come there to do this job too.
Second he doesnt ask me for money when Im staying in his house, he's telling me not to do it. But I dont feel comfortable with his money cooking and cleaning for me everyday without anything in return.
Third: the longest we have been apart is 6 weeks (in total we have been 10 months together and away from eachother for 5)
Fourth: lol, you can believe whatever you want about the ticket, he paid 20000 pesos to be exact and i paid 14000
Fifth: i have a whole bunch of friends in the DR, some dominican, some foreign residents and some long staying tourist, I doubt they will all shut up
Sixth: I didnt say he's poor, I said he's not rich, but he isnt poor either.

But it doesnt matter what I say, you will believe he's a sanky anyway, just be gratefull that i am the one that's with him and not you :)

To the one asking about the visas: it was just a tourist visa, he had all the right papers (and me too) so that was not a problem (i live in Holland, I dont know how the rules are in your country)
My last say in this matter:
He has many girls like you all over the world. He is in a bed with other girls just like you when you are away.
This is something you learn when you live here 24/7. Now if that doesn't bother you then you will have a very healthy relationship. Remember, you are only 23. Do you know how simple it is to fool a girl of your age?
nevermind.
I wish you good luck.
AZB

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
I will come back in a couple of years and we will see who's right, the gullible 23-year old girl or the all-knowing (wo)man:paranoid:

Chances are we wont be together anymore in a couple of years, not because he's a sanky, just simply because most relationships end at some point.

And baby girl, I agree with you... my boyfriend isnt even in animation and immediately they 'assume' things, without even knowing him. Warning people is 1 thing, but this is just plain stupid.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jostan said:
I will come back in a couple of years and we will see who's right, the gullible 23-year old girl or the all-knowing (wo)man:paranoid:

Chances are we wont be together anymore in a couple of years, not because he's a sanky, just simply because most relationships end at some point.

And baby girl, I agree with you... my boyfriend isnt even in animation and immediately they 'assume' things, without even knowing him. Warning people is 1 thing, but this is just plain stupid.
Ok, i thought I won't respond to your gullible posts but I will, why? because I slept the afternoon so I am up at night bored to death.

Your boyfriend is no different from resort workers. He works on the beach and deals with tourists all day. He meets people like you everyday. The reason he works at the beach business is because he is uneducated and can't get a job in a bank or in any organization where the requirement is college education. Just ask him to write something in spanish right before your eyes, a paragraph and then post it here on DR1 or show it to a friend who is educated in spanish from another country. You will be surprised to see that the guy can't write to save his life. He will mis-spell every word to a rediculous level. These guys have the education level of a 6th grader. But you don't care for all that, because your love is blind. I wish you all the luck becasue you will need it.
Oh and don't bother tellling about the out come of your love affair, we see girls like you here everyday. You are no different.
AZB

Bailarinagirl

Feb 26, 2006
Jostan said:

You two will be just fine together. I know of two couples who are resort workers (actual animacion team guys) who are married to European women and they are together with no problems, ( or just the usual one's we all have in relationships!) and long-term. :)

momita

May 17, 2006
100%

Jostan said:

I am really sorry for you but They are right for 100%.I CAN bet he will be in Bambu tonight as usually.:ermm:

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
momita said:
I am really sorry for you but They are right for 100%.I CAN bet he will be in Bambu tonight as usually.:ermm:

He's not. How i know this? Because people tell me that he's hardly ever going out anymore (and no, not his dominican friends, but my 'foreign' (girl) friends)
Anyway, I dont mind if people tell me that they think that he's a sanky based ON MY STORY, maybe I might even learn something from it.

But some people here have the same answer for every story and thats just not very informative, as a matter of facter I think it's counterproductive, because nobody will pay attention anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.