Flights from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I have been grateful to those of you who have helped me in my dilemma of getting from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas quickly and cheaply.

I started this new thread to try and focus on one particular issue:

Does anyone know of any flight that I can take to get from Punta Cana to Las Terrenas?

I am only aware of http://takeoffweb.com/_wsn/page2.html

However, that departs Punta Cana at 8:30 am. My problem is that I am not flying into Punta Cana until 1:30 pm, so I will have already missed the daily flight to Las terrenas. Is there any flight that I can take that is later in the day after the 8:30 flight?

Private charter? How much is that?

If this is not possible, I may consider flying to Santiago and driving/taking a bus from Santiago to Las Terrenas. Anyone know the flight information from Punta Cana to Santiago? Any links youcan provide would be helpful.

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
As far as I know, there are no other scheduled (domestic) flights in or out of Punta Cana. A private charter will cost a lot more. You could take the flight from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata, which will get you there at about 7:30 PM. If the car rental offices are still open (not sure) you could rent a car, and drive to Las Terrenas, but you would be arriving at about midnight, with the last leg aross a winding, pot-hole filled mountain road. You would then need to be back in Puerto Plata in time for a 7:30 AM return flight to Punta Cana. The flights, car rental and gas will cost you about $350 to $400, and you would be in Las Terrenas from about midnight til 2:30 AM.

Are you getting the message? There is noone here who is going to pull a rabbit out of a hat for you on this one. The ONLY way this can be done is by charter flight directly from PUJ to El Portillo airport in Las Terrenas. If you look to the left side of the page on the link provided, you will see that Takeoff has these. I believe you would need to call them for a price. There is another company, I believe Aerodom (SP?) that also does charter flights. I don't have a link for them.

Good luck!

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
After looking down the page I see that the charter rate for PUJ to El Portillo is $370 plus $20/hr waiting time while you are there for a round trip. I f you left PUJ at about 2:30 (after clearing customs & immigration) you could be in El Portillo by about 3:15, and a cab or motoconcho have you in Las Terrenas by 3:30. Let's say you spend 4 hours there and fly back at about sunset, your cost would be about $450. This is in a 3 passenger Cessna 172. Of course, if you happen to run into someone as desperate to spend a few hours in Las Terrenas as you are, you could split the cost.;)

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
Thanks for the help - I modified my plans

Due to the great advice that I received onthis website, I determined that I will not be able to do what I had desired in the time restrictions.

I am now flying into Santo Domingo rather than Punta Cana. I still will be going to Las Terrenas.

I will post a separate thread asking questions and look forward to any help that you wonderful people can provide.

David

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Flying into SD is the best way to go. You can either fly to Portilla from either of the airports, or take the Caribe Tour, my suggestion, to Sanchez and then taxi to Las Terranas, from the capitol.

Status
Not open for further replies.