purpose of dr1???

C

captain

i became familiar with this message board about 3 weeks ago, now i find it to be more of a chain letter or some form of a chat line, i thought the purpose of dr1 was to inform and help educate people in regards to any info about the dominican, who cares when people are leaving for the dominican or their personal likes or dislikes, these people should use their own chat lines and not waste space on this site for their subjective issues, it is a dominican message board and lets keep it that way, thanks, the cap

M

Mickey Mouse

Yea well you know we have to post some off the wall things to keep it all fun to read. I don't think most of them take so much space. Anyway DR! will take them off as they feel need to. I see you can't resist posting what you did so you are the same as all the others. Have a grreat day all!!!!! Mickey!

A

Andy

Captain,

I'm surprised you find offense at some of the personal stuff that hits this board. In a way, most of it IS related to Dominican information and the stuff that isn't (or is not appropiate) is deleted. FYI, for messages, other posts and just plain arguments, see: Bravenet, Hispainola.com, where2stay message board, Debbie's Dominican Republic, etc,...there's a whole bunch of other boards available.

In defense of DR1, they do a pretty good job of handling all the postings, and as I've said before, it's their board and they can do as they want.

Andy PS: What ticket do you hold, I'm licensed 15 years, e-mail me and we can discuss boats.

R

Richard

I beg to differ with Cap, but as an indvidual who has both lived in the DR and visited as a tourist on several ocasions, I think the board is extremely informative for people who are both visiting the DR or planning on moving there. Why not take a more West Indies attitude, and lighten up? Have a good day Cap, but why not try and learn something from the board instead of being so critical.