DR1 - Big Month!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just looking at some numbers and June 06 was a good month.

Message Board:
Posts - 10,831 (Avg 361 per day)
New Registrations - 627 (Avg 20 per day)

Month - Jun 2006
Unique visitors - 387,132 (Avg 12,904 per day)
Pages Served - 8,425,886 (Avg 280,862 per day)
Hits - 20,117,762 (Avg 670,592 per day)

Most Popular Countries:
USA
Canada
Dominican Republic
Great Britain
European Union

Most Popular Sections:
Travel
Real Estate
Reviews
Message Board
Media Gallery

Thanks to everybody that makes DR1 the #1 site here in the DR :)

Any thoughts, suggestions etc, please PM or email me.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Holy crap!! Very nice. Good job, Rob. I'll buy the Presidentes when I get down there, lol :D

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wow I thought message boards would be #1 in the most popular sections spot.

This is a great site. I've been hooked ever since I found it back in 2003.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Are the most popular sections in order of number of hits. If so, I'm surprised, too, that the message board isn't higher on the list.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Only a small % of people that visit DR1 ever find or use the message board.
Most people visiting are looking for Travel related information.

The sections are listed in order of popularity or visitor numbers.

Not everybody comes via the front door (home page), many come from search engines and directly to pages deeper in the site.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I also love the DR1 site. My biggest surprise is that the Media Gallery got so many hits. It has been almost a year since the last update.

How are the podcasts doing? I never miss an episode.

Chuckuindy

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me three!

chuckuindy said:
I also love the DR1 site. My biggest surprise is that the Media Gallery got so many hits. It has been almost a year since the last update.

Chuckuindy
I like too.

It does not hurt either that there's a thread on the Mars/Venus section with close to 700 posts and over 25,000 views that it's still alive and kicking!. And if I am not mistaken, broke ANY previous thread record, except for some stickies and bloggies, in both categories.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
evolution

As someone that remembers the message board as just a couple pages with a few dozen members (I think I was "Zeke" back then), I find the new setup hugely fragmented.

But, I understand it.

Just like building a city, you can only go so far up, you have to spread out some.

I'm sure for the first time visitor the msg boards are far more navigable as presently setup, and their seperateness can help hone searches for applicable information. They may not be for everyone, but they do offer something unique that isn't available in marketing material. User experiences that you can oftentimes interact with, question and contact.

However, I think something is lost when new blood only dips their toes in the vast ocean of the message boards. There is a goldmine of information there but, at a mile wide and an inch deep, there's a lot of water to cover.

Perhaps a wiki-discussion group that could help build 'hot keys' search functions for topics: "crime" "food" "ATM's" "surfing" "real estate" etc., these would link to a general overview of threads that discuss these topics.

The search function now is based on a word search. The hotkey search would be based on user rating; a better metric for a thread's relevance or value.

Each unique visitor is allowed an option ..."Did this thread help you...?" idea.

Additionally, each post could offer the option for a viewer to rate it, the more hits on a page, then on a thread, etc. A rating system for usefulness.

For some information (real estate, legal, visas, resort, etc.) this could be the link that connects a general Google search with responsive and "live" information. That's powerful.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cleef, we are developing products that focus on the first time visitor.

Knowledge Base

Over the coming months you will some very large changes on DR1 as we focus more on our true audience. They just take time to develop and implement.
But they are happening in the background :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
It does not hurt either that there's a thread on the Mars/Venus section with close to 700 posts and over 25,000 views that it's still alive and kicking!. And if I am not mistaken, broke ANY previous thread record, except for some stickies and bloggies, in both categories.

I know!! ;) It's the most milked thread we've ever had in mars/venus. :laugh:

Please don't kik my ass, I'm old and in pain already :paranoid:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But it's true!

AnnaC said:
I know!! ;) It's the most milked thread we've ever had in mars/venus. :laugh:

Please don't kik my ass, I'm old and in pain already :paranoid:
No kiking ass from me. I will kik the cidipley's ass instead!.

You are right, that darn thread have more lives and 100 cats!.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
And it's growing. New Quito fights. New Atlanta flights. New growth in Cabarete/Sosua corredor.....all good stuff!!
e 'pa lante que vamos!