Jetblue now an option!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Woo hoo!!!

With service now available (or soon to be) from Raleigh, DC and Richmond, connecting service through NY, affordable trips to Santiago are now available for us Mid Atlantic coasters!!! (I live in VA)

RDU-STI and return 9/9/06-9/18/06 Flight down leaves Raleigh at 6AM and arrives at 1:30 PM. Return flight leaves STI at 2:30 PM and gets to RDU at 11:30. No middle of the night arrivals!

The best thing is that the total cost, with all the taxes and fees is $340 RT!
Only about $25 more than the flight from JFK-STI alone. Same rates from RIC or IAD (Richmond or DC Dulles). Same trip as of today on AA is just about double.

I'm hoping AA will match the fares so I can continue with their FF mile program, but if not......... screw-em!!!!

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
We booked STI-JFK-RIC on JetBlue to visit my folks in Sept. Then we booked RIC-DFW on AA (I had miles) to visit Judy's folks. Ok, ok, I know JB's hours aren't the best but we saved quite a bit of $ plus STI-MIA-RIC on AA has you waiting at MIA all day for the RIC Eagle flight. Bob

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
aegap said:
sweet.., how did you get that info?

From Jetblue's website. These airports have all been added to their list of destinations, and I've already run trial reservations for trips from RDU and RIC to STI in September and November, although I haven't bought them yet. If I recall, the $340 rate was for a Saturday departure and Monday return. Depending on the day, some trips may be a bit higher.

They are already serving Richmond. I believe the starting date for Raleigh is 7/20, and Dulles shortly thereafter.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The Voice said:
Now if only Jet Blue would go to PUJ, then I would really be a happy man.
I'm not sure where you are flying from, but if you looking for a no-frills airline, Spirit flies to PUJ from quite a few US cities.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
rellosk said:
I'm not sure where you are flying from, but if you looking for a no-frills airline, Spirit flies to PUJ from quite a few US cities.

I'm flying from NYC. Spirit Airlines is good, but they do not have direct flights:disappoin

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Just purchased my first of what I hope will be many Jetblue flights from Raleigh NC to STI with connection through JFK. Sept 13-22. $339.90, including all taxes and fees! This is not the "red-eye" either. The flight to Santiago arrives at 1:30 in the afternoon. At those rates I'll be able to fly down more often!:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This weekend

BVT-STI One way 104.00 + Tax = 157.00 (Sun. 27th.)
Now that's a deal.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Same deal!

BVT-STI One way 104.00 + Tax = 157.00 (Sun. 27th.)
Now that's a deal.

The actual ticket price for my flight is $104 each way. The leg down w/taxes and fees is $157. Coming back is higher because of the DR departure fee. Did you mean BTV (Burlington, Vermont)?

I think I'm gunna book another trip in November before they raise the rates.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The actual ticket price for my flight is $104 each way. The leg down w/taxes and fees is $157. Coming back is higher because of the DR departure fee. Did you mean BTV (Burlington, Vermont)?

I think I'm gunna book another trip in November before they raise the rates.

Vermont yes. They frequently have prices in that range. On the down side the ticket back is a little more expensive. But it's OK if you're going down for a few months and are not sure of your return date. BTW, if you do not have Dominican residence, you will have to buy the return at the same time.
http://www.jetblueairways.com/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Jun 5, 2004
Well the bad thinga bout all of this is that the non red eye JetBlue flight will not be on for a long time. I believe that if jetBlue realized that this flight was attracting more people they would actually keep it.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Yes, I see that it is going away this fall, but I think (hope) that may be seasonal. I know there are a few people who say they like the redeye, but it would seem for most a daytime schedule would be greatly preferred. I somehow think a part of this is the other routes those planes may be used for and a desire by Jetblue to maximize the revenue from each plane.

For me the middle of the night flight will not be so bad after the time change since it will only be a couple of hours between clearing customs and the opening of the car rental offices at 7 AM. I can hang around that long.

Last edited: