We need a new and improved contest - A.S.A.P.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hello everyone.

It is late at night and hour when only witches, teething infants and total losers like me are awake.

Anyway, this total loser is finding today's posts sadly disappointing. The post all Inquiring Minds will want to follow isn't even in this forum and starts with an OP who has a private plane and a mother who refuses to travel without her small dog.

Now those two HAVE TO make for some good people watching.

THIS forum, on the other hand, is just well, stale. Sorry. This is where we come for a cross between a very very bad reality show, COPS, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil (Dr. Anna), and a mutant circus.

Today's fare is just plain and boring.

So, not wanting to just complain and sure that you'll be game for a solution, I say - why not start a new contest.

We are forbidden to post or comment on photos.

But, as most of us can read and write, except Ms and/or Mr. Kik Your A$$ anyway, perhaps we might do another written contest.

Here's my idea; can you top with an idea of your own?

Idea #1: Each poster provides two e-mail letters in one post. One must be real (from a sanky) and the other must be a fake/forgery/creative fiction. Each day, we vote for the best one - real or fake. The posters never have to tell us which was which and we are busy for weeks on end mulling over our votes. (This beats crocheting lima bean green pot holders with navy blue trim - what I am doing tonight after I finish reading the Sears Roebuck catalog.)

Idea#2: We assign acceptable W.U. Wire amounts to the various maladies suffered by Dominican boyfriends, girlfriends and family members. Example: His mother has the flu, so you should wired them $50-$75 and nota penny more. Never mind that the meds cost $3.15. And please specify what currency you sent.

Idea #3: OPs write in with the amount wired, which sanky extended family member was sick, and what illness she/he suffered from. We vote every day for the Sanky of the Day who got the most cash for the lamest illness.

Idea#4: We create Sanky Paper Dolls with Matching Wardrobes. (Someone has got to do it). This involves a lot of interesting underwear. Either you describe each piece verbally or refer to a page in Frederick's of Hollywood.

Idea#5: What Not To Give Your Sanky As a Gift: Each day we vote on the best thing better left back home. I suggest we start with: a pipe, golf clubs, boat shoes, cowboy boots, a hockey stick, snow shovel and/or a book-mark.

Okay, these are all lame. It's time to reach out for help from my friends. Potato Salad, Gary Short, where are you?

-- Sam

2ndpersonality

Jun 9, 2006
What Not To Give Your Sanky as a Gift...

- Subscription to the Wall Street Journal - not enough pictures
- Cuff Links (might wear it on his ear lobes)
- Argyle Dress Socks (do i dare say "condom")
- Starbucks Gift Card (will mistaken it for a long distance calling card)
- DeWalt Mitre Saw (might build a boat and sail out to find you...)

G

gary short

You crazy bugger. Where have you been. I'll wait a little longer to see where this goes.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Okay:

OP "2ndpersonality" wins yesterday's contest. (I am going to refer to you as "2P" for short.)

2P: Which prize would you prefer:
1. Sanky-Used Sidipleyer from Punta Cana guy who just upgraded to an MP3.
2. A bottle of Tommy Hilfiger cologne
3. One of your Starbucks cards

A note to you lurkers: Please do not hesitate to post. There wil be no nasty criticism here, unless you post as your boyfriend. ehem.

Next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I'm quite liking idea #1 samanasuenos and am most upset I have not the means to take part in that having no genuine "sanky e-mail" to my name...man, me KNOW how good your prizes be too!!DARN!! :( "Ya got to be in it to win it" people!! I vote idea #1 any-ho (says she, half tempted to cheat and post 2 false e-mails in a bid to win super-duper prize for my very own...;)) ATB Emma :)

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Okay Emma,

In the Domincan and Latin traditions of flexible rules, "We" have declared today the Cheater's Day.

All readers are allowed and encouraged to cheat in order to enter any of the above-described contests. That means that Emma can provide fake emails, and call one of them real. Okay?

You have 24 hours from now, and not a minute more, to enter under this exceptional opportunity. At exactly 1:28 p.m. EST on 7/18, we will close
the Special Cheaters Contest.

Note: If you do not need to cheat to enter, but are just scared to own your stuff, this may be a good time - you can pretend to pretend, and only you will know what is real and what is not.

So, calling all shy posters, all slick and/or bored editorial staffers, and any-one with half an imagination, please enter immediately.

Appropriate prizes will be awarded. Any ties will be deferred to a mud-wrestling competition in Puerta Plata, Summere 2007.

Now, get cookin'!-- Sam

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sam I think you'll have better luck with these cute contests in the winter when we are 10 feet under the snow and no where to go. ;)

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
YEY!!! "Come follow me" all scared (*cough* I mean "shy") people - come lie through ya teeth to win one of the super prizes samanasuenos has on offer!!

Darn! I dunno where to start and can hear the clock in me head ticking...it's making me all in a "tizz"!!:ninja:

Errrm:

E-mail 1 (to be read in "sankie like tones" while replacing the odd English word with the Spanish equivalent):

"Ohh me baby, bad times a come. My mother she is very sick and I work but not enuff. I work and I want to help mother. Me try but me have to remember to drink rum to keep blood good. Me baby me cry...cryyyyying ova you, cryyying, me say cryyying, yes cryyying...Me wish you here or me be with you in Enkland. Me be happy if you can help me to help me mother and then me will help you to be happy. Me amour (that right??) Me betifal kind Enklish baby..."

E-mail 2:
"Ohh me baby, bad times a come. My sister she is very sick and I work but not enuff..." Much as above but with nearly "not noticable" difference there...

Mine are a tad "cr*p" granted - BUT nobody else has entered to date...fingers crossed I win a prize to cherish!!!:)

ATB! Emma;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You should get first prize for at least trying and you're on the right track ;) What accent are you using ? :laugh:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I dunno if it IS an accent (you familiar with Roald Dahl's "The Witches"?? - thinking I got "Enkland" from there...) I kind of broke into song mid e-mail too :(! I'm rubbish but I want a prize!! AND time is a running out for my competitors!! Emma :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Emma22 said:
I dunno if it IS an accent (you familiar with Roald Dahl's "The Witches"?? - thinking I got "Enkland" from there...) I kind of broke into song mid e-mail too :(! I'm rubbish but I want a prize!! AND time is a running out for my competitors!! Emma :)

Emma just for the heck of it make sure you give your email ( not phone number) to someone that might sound like a good candidate for a sankie and then you'll have some real laughs ;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Emma22 said:

You are a trip! Hillarious!

btw: when are you dropping by the DR???

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
NOOO!!! Anna, you are very wrong to temp me into such thinking (better research than even momita me wonder...) THEN I'd be SURE to win some snazzy plastic neon earrings though wouldn't I?? *weighing up desire for neon accessories vs annoying e-mails that I could ALWAYS banish to my trash bin once fore-mentioned won fair and square*...s'pose I could keep him as a sort of "cyber pet"...*glances in partner's direction and knowing neon gems are lost already* :(
ATB Emma ;)

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Wednesday M.A.R. - me going on a spot of "sankie spotting" while there! I've never seen a "real live" one!!! ATB Emma ;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Emma22 said:
Wednesday M.A.R. - me going on a spot of "sankie spotting" while there! I've never seen a "real live" one!!! ATB Emma ;)

Enjoy the sankies and don't blow your undercover operation :)

I hear they are good dancers, well merengue dancers, make sure you get in a few lessons.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
HI
I have one for you as well. Still wondering how he got my email and who would be "mi novio"

hi bianca im very sad cuando estaba aqui el era tu novio y no queria nada conmigo now im not working and i need yuor help . i need some money if yuo are sand the money that my adress ............. puerto plata if yuo sand for vimenca westerunion more easy y more fast help me please i have solve some problem write me today

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
:laugh: hi Emma
Maybe you should move to dominican republic and start a service for sankies. Helping them in writing emails. You are very good. If you would get a % of all the money they make via western union or some gifts they collect, after the emails they sent, you can make a good business. :laugh:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I WILL HAVE NO PART IN THEIR DIRTY TRICKS!!! - NOT I!!! *whispers* How much you think I could make?? ;) ATB! Emma

Edit to add: What's a "novio"? - sounds a tad dubious that!

Last edited: