Re: OCCIDENTAL FLAMENCO BAVARO

M

Maca (Spain)

It's funny, that is my answer to that question in other forum...I would like to be more helpful, but the truth is that i don't know many things about this resort..Ocidental is a resort company from Spain, as Melia, Fiesta, Catalonia and so on.. They own most of the complex in PUnta Cana which has its reflection in the control of the employees... Why do I mean? Dominican people is really nice and warm, and you won't notice it in PUnta Cana area, because they are very controlled by the bosses...But you would love Punta Cana Beach, the best of the country.. You can take a free boat to CAPTAIN COOk, to eat lobster and have some rum... very cheap... Ask me anything you want.

B

Brenda

Tell me more about the boat trip and lobster please.

M

Maca (Spain)

Captain cook is a beach restaurant situated between Fiesta Resorts and Carabella Bavaro... It has a supermarket and there are many touristic shops where you should bargain like a devil.. (Do that, but ask for Roland... my best friend there). Just in the beach of the Occidental Flamenco there is a boat stop (it's easy to see it, they have a big signal).. They would take from Occidental (or Melia) to Captain Cook by sea in a boat, FREE.... So it's a good chance if you want to eat some lobster (i think the price is 190 pesos... ), which is really good... Try it, it's funny and you will meet many tourist of all the other resorts... Ask me if you need more info.

B

Brenda

What else would you recommend doing while I'm there? Do you have any information on whale watching? Is if far from where I'll be? I'd like to by some larimar while I'm there - where should I get it?

J

Jacquie

Purchase Larimar at Harrison Jewellers for a nice setting etc that you will wear. I bought earings in Bavaro Market and the stone fell off the overly long post and I spend 25.00 Can. to reset them in somethng I can wear. Another tourist at our resort bought beautiful earings for her daughter at Harrison's for 35.00 u.s. We are going to the Flamenco as well in less than 2 weeks and I am planning a stop there. We stayed in rui naiboa last year for a week and loved it. Thought we would try a different hotel, same stretch of beach. Not much to do but walk on the beach. Verrrry relaxing

J

Jacquie

At Bavaro Beach Plaza. They have a big store there.

R

Richard

We are going to the Occidental Flamenico on January 17th and would like to know if anyone has been there since it opened or during the last week of December.

V

VANESSA from Canada

Have you visited www.debbiesdominicantravel.com there is one review on Occidental Flamenco Bavaro. Other then that I haven't heard much of the resort. We were suppose to go there the last week of Jan. but have since been advised to switch to the Melia Tropical. I have heard mixed opinions. I'm sure things will be fine...maybe just not 100% finished. I figure...as long as the sun shines...there's a little sand...and a few cold drinks...it won't really matter.

Happy Travels