Shopping Near Grand Paradise Bavaro

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
I visited GPB in December '05, but the only shopping we were able to locate outside of the resort was in El Cortecito. I hear many things about "nearby shopping" but I was not able to locate it. Does anyone know of convenient, off-resort shopping (souveniers, rum, etc.) near Grand Paradise Bavaro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
There is a shopping area at the beginning of the resort strip, near Occidental Grand Flamenco. It stretches quite far. There is an oudoor area as well as a covered plaza. A little further down are boutique like stores that sell upscale resort wear, shoes, handbags, cigars, rum etc.....Depending on where you are staying you can walk there, or hop on a motoconcho for couple of dollars.

Kiki

Jan 7, 2006
PhillyJames said:
I visited GPB in December '05, but the only shopping we were able to locate outside of the resort was in El Cortecito. I hear many things about "nearby shopping" but I was not able to locate it. Does anyone know of convenient, off-resort shopping (souveniers, rum, etc.) near Grand Paradise Bavaro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is called Plaza Bavaro and Plaza Punta Cana. In front of the Grand Flamenco entrance. If you walk further down towards Bavaro Princess, you'll find more gift shops..

Happy Shopping!!!!