2006 Home Run Derby

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Well, David Ortiz made good on his promise to raise money for charity...he hit pretty good last night...:cheeky:

But how about our little Miguel Cabrera? First time participating and he didn't do too bad, uh?;)

I really thought he could make it to the finals...except Howard had other ideas...:surprised

It was a lot of fun watching...I can't wait for the All-Stars game tonight!!:bunny:

MQ

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I don't watch ESPN, and I'm sorry to say I missed the excitement.

I did read that Howard won 500 flights on SW airlines for his titanic blast over the "Hit it Here" sign in right. Actually a fan wins the 500 flights, but very cool.

I'm sure the people at SW are choking on their coffee this morning.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
All the participants were hitting homers for charity, when they got to the 9th out...they were pitched 'gold baseballs'...if they hit those for homeruns, $21,000 was donated each time...

Not sure of how many different charities...

MQ

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
aww man i guess i missed it who won? and did they do it like last year with nationalities??

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I don't know what you're talking about nationalities...but Howard won this year's Home Run Derby...David Wright from the Mets was second and...

Our very own Miguel Cabrera came in third...:)

MQ

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
i remember last year when they were presenting the players they had their nations flag with them for example David ortiz had the DR flag Veriteck had the US flag Alou had the Venezuelian flag (i think)