Samana hotels...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Peeps of DR1 ... it is that time for me to expand my drunken ass yet into another part of the island ...

Next month I'll be heading to Samana for a couple days, and need a place to stay...

Need AC ..... Don't do resorts, as I can't stand them... but will take them into account for this trip...Something not expensive ... I need more $$$ for cervezas !

So open to any suggestions...............

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you slept in Froggie's guest room could you stand hearing "ribbit, ribbit" all night long? Cerveza would help. ;)

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
la_barbie said:
Next month I'll be heading to Samana for a couple days, and need a place to stay...

Need AC ..... Don't do resorts, as I can't stand them... but will take them into account for this trip...Something not expensive ... I need more $$$ for cervezas !

So open to any suggestions...............
Where to??
Las Terrenas? Las Galeras? Santa Barbara de Samana? Or don't matter where?
WebDev

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
dont know exactly where yet... wherever is the biggest party and coldest beer.... I think i'll be there for my bday so ...... I NEED BEER :)

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hmn.....I have stayed at the Tropical Lodge in Samana, Todo Blanco in Las Galeras and Club/Playa Bonito in Las Galeras. The last is the only one I recall having A/C, though I was there off-season when it didn't matter. You can PM me for more info.

I am curious to read your trip report - enjoy.

-- Sam

Nov 5, 2004
samanasuenos said:
Hmn.....I have stayed at the Tropical Lodge in Samana, Todo Blanco in Las Galeras and Club/Playa Bonito in Las Galeras. The last is the only one I recall having A/C, though I was there off-season when it didn't matter. You can PM me for more info.

I am curious to read your trip report - enjoy.

-- Sam

Me and Carlos stayed in Club Bonito...I would send you the pictures, but unfortunatly you are bring me the pictures back when you go, cuz I left them down there. lol

It's not really a big party palce. It is BEAUTIFUL...but more of an upscale place that had older couples and families.

Has a nice pool..drinks are not included and are a big expensive. I will have to look up some of the otehr places we were thinking of staying at.

For resturants they have nice food in the hotel, it is a bit pricey, but it's one of the only places that took Visa.

If you want to drive into Samana, there is a Chinese resturant at the top of a huge hill that has a great view, and AMAZING food, and reasonable prices, considering how much food they give you. (One plate is enough for 2 -3 ppl!!)

And I gotta find u the name of the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. It's hell getting there, but it's worth it. But I thinks u gots to bring ur own beer and snacks for the day. We went during Semana Santa, so there were lots of places to get beer and food, but I don't think that will be there during the normal season. There is also a very clear and beautiful river by this beach, and for a few pesos this guy will take u up the river in this little boat that looks like it is 100 years old...but it is sooo beautiful!!!

Hope you enjoy it. I loved Samana...I hope to go back there soon.

bfly75

Jul 15, 2004
most beautiful beach!!

PeachezNcream84 said:
And I gotta find u the name of the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. It's hell getting there, but it's worth it. But I thinks u gots to bring ur own beer and snacks for the day. We went during Semana Santa, so there were lots of places to get beer and food, but I don't think that will be there during the normal season. There is also a very clear and beautiful river by this beach, and for a few pesos this guy will take u up the river in this little boat that looks like it is 100 years old...but it is sooo beautiful!

OMG this is just the kind of stuff i was looking for. I'm headed out to Samana on Thursday with my 2 boys and was searching for "the most beautiful beach". Can you please send me the details on how you got there and exactly how it was hell (since i have the 4 year old I rather know what I'm getting into). And the very clear river!! You have no idea how I live for stuff like this so I'd loooooove for you to fwd details.
Waiting anxiously
bfly

Nov 5, 2004
samanasuenos said:
bfly: search on PLAYA RINCON and you'll find lots of info. (I am guessing that's the beach.)

Enjoy!

YES! That's the name.
It is sooo beautiful..the drive is very rough, there is a long ways to drive on something that is apparently supposed to be a road. But it's worth it.