Easiest/cheapest ways from Puerto Plata to Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal1050

Jun 27, 2006
I hope this isn't a totally dumb question, but if you're staying on the beachfront at Puerto Plata, do you need to take transportation to get into Cabarete and if so what's the easiest and cheapest way to do so once a day? I don't mind taking guaguas or public transport so long as I can figure out where to stand and wait, what the fares are and that kind of stuff. I speak minimal Spanish, so the less I have to try to ask a conductor or driver the better!;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hal1050 said:
I hope this isn't a totally dumb question, but if you're staying on the beachfront at Puerto Plata, do you need to take transportation to get into Cabarete and if so what's the easiest and cheapest way to do so once a day? I don't mind taking guaguas or public transport so long as I can figure out where to stand and wait, what the fares are and that kind of stuff. I speak minimal Spanish, so the less I have to try to ask a conductor or driver the better!;)
There is a lot of public transport, guaguas & public cars between the two and it's very cheap.
I would guess approx 40 pesos (Daytime) each way, but some of the POP residents may have the exact price for you.
When you say you will be staying on the POP beachfront, where exactly do you mean?

hal1050

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Rocky,
thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to be at Marien Coral Hilton most of the days I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.