a different vacation

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
This may be a bit long but you don?t have to read it

I just got back from Punta Cana, and I have to say that this forum actually made my vacation better.

First of all, I learned some Spanish so when I arrived there and saw the people who still worked there, I was able to speak a little Spanish to them. This was also helpful while having dinner, you see the waiters were all wondering where our husbands were, (my girlfriend and I traveled alone with our sons), and when they found out we were divorced, they wanted to be the fathers of our children. I have to say that the people in the DR, treat children very well.

There were still some original members of the animation team there. One girl ? so sweet worked at the towel hut, and a few guys. My friend at the towel hut remembered me, and remembered the sankie I spent time with while there in February. That very evening she had a message from him for me, (he is at another resort). I thought to myself should I or shouldn?t I? I decided to give him a call. He came to my resort, we talked, he tried to feed me bulls***, gave some really stupid excuses about how he was pushed in the pool with his cell phone, and lost all his phone numbers. It was really good to be able to tell him what I thought of him and his lines, and seeing him for the second time made me realize how ugly he was as a person. Whether he cared or not, it was good for me. I said my piece and feel great. He has called me a couple of times since I?ve been home, I don?t answer the phone. The whining, I can?t take it!!!

There was one guy that worked in animation still there, he remembered me. He kept asking me to leave my son with my friend and meet him at the disco, at the front gate etc.. it didn?t matter how many times I said no or how I said it, he wouldn?t give up. He told me he liked me a lot, its better than saying he loved me anyway. He helped me out when my son was sick, hmmm, I wonder if he was expecting something in return??

So the point to this post, well, DR1 made me realize my tropical romance was all an act when I got home the first time, and made going back there more entertaining. It was fun to relax by the pool or on the beach and watch the animation team go after all the women, and understand the whole thing?. I did make one observation, it seemed the girl sankies are actually more aggressive then the guys, and being off the resort, I did see a lot of old white guys with young Dominican girls.

Any way, moving on??..

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
when they found out we were divorced, they wanted to be the fathers of our children. I have to say that the people in the DR, treat children very well

Well of course they wanted to be your kids' fathers......they could be their potential tickets out of the country! Yes, they do act "sweetly" with kids, other than their own whom many times they dont even know.

That aside, good that you used good judgement and had a great vacation, rather than give your precious time to low-life con artists. ;)

Nachi

Jul 3, 2004
that's awesome - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!
Punta Cana is FABULOUS!
Sankies haha classic!
When I went to Punta Cana (not knowing about this site at the time) you can just tell that they are players..that's the first thing you see.. I don't know how some fall so quickly, not referring to you but to someone I know personally... Well anyways I lied to each one and told them I had a boyfriend at home, but yet I still got asked to the disco 15 times a day. No joke my friend and I counted one day, the total was ridiculous, close to 20.
You say no, they say please, no, please, no please. It's sickening. Instead I enjoyed my time with a gorgeous tourist.
I'm a young good looking girl, attend Uni, who gets plenty of attention back home (not bregging just trying to prove my point) and why would I settle for someone below me. I'm not trying to be rude (sometimes it happens, and the man is really nice- thats great), but If I have a good education myself why would I allow myself to fall in love with an individual who hasn't even finished high school?
Anyways, these guys are great to have fun with (your choice whether you want to do the deed or not, but that's just not me).
A vacation is about relaxing and having fun and if you do happen to fall in love and find someone even a local that's great!! Just be careful!
I've heard of many stories
I know some on here have found the man of their dreams in the DR, and they are truly happy -- I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Just I will never understand why so many women fall so quickly in love over there by a few smooth lines?
I would choose a simple "Hey" at a bar back at home over "you're so beautiful" by a man who you know (common sense) wants a ticket out of his country.

Sorry that this reply is so long - just trying to get into the minds of others- but hey we're not all the same - some fall easier than others -
Makes me wonder whether or not I have a heart ;)

Well I'm going back to Cuba this August!! Can't Wait! I miss it oh so much!
Been there 5 times as a kid, so don't really know what the sankies are like.
I will give you the 411 when I get back!
Take care!

P.S. - just wondering what resort you stayed at in PC, if you don't mind. Don't have to say it, i'm just curious.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
audrav said:
He came to my resort, we talked, he tried to feed me bulls***, gave some really stupid excuses about how he was pushed in the pool with his cell phone, and lost all his phone numbers.

He has called me a couple of times since I?ve been home, I don?t answer the phone. The whining, I can?t take it!!!

Any way, moving on??..

Good for you Audra. So if he's called you since you returned home I'm assuming he didn't fall in the pool after all. ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
audrav said:
?. I did make one observation, it seemed the girl sankies are actually more aggressive then the guys, and being off the resort, I did see a lot of old white guys with young Dominican girls.
There not more aggressive, they just have an easier client?le.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
AnnaC said:
Good for you Audra. So if he's called you since you returned home I'm assuming he didn't fall in the pool after all. ;)

I'm sure he fell in the pool 'cause he had a new cell phone and new cell #, so that could be one honest thing, it doesn't outweigh all the other bull****. Its sooo funny, he left another message last night, pleeeease answer the fone, I need you........HAAAA!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
audrav said:
I'm sure he fell in the pool 'cause he had a new cell phone and new cell #, so that could be one honest thing, it doesn't outweigh all the other bull****. Its sooo funny, he left another message last night, pleeeease answer the fone, I need you........HAAAA!

Ok thanks for being truthful about this. I have a question and it's only to help me understand how our female minds work sometimes.

Why did you give him your number again?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
AnnaC said:
Ok thanks for being truthful about this. I have a question and it's only to help me understand how our female minds work sometimes.

Anna, are you saying that the female mind does work sometimes?

Chuckuindy

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
AnnaC said:

After receiving the message to call him, I did. My cell phone # appears on his phone. Now I just have to wait for him to fall in the swimi poo!;)

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
chuckuindy said:

Chuckuindy

I was just waiting for a comment on that!

Do you know why donkeys don't go to school??

...............because no one likes a smarta$$!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
chuckuindy said:

Chuckuindy

Once in a while chucky, but I find it very intereting that what we say doesn't always go with what we do and that includes me.;)

A woman's mind is like the control panel of a 747 jumbo jet whereas men have a simple on/off switch :laugh:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
AnnaC said:
Once in a while chucky, but I find it very intereting that what we say doesn't always go with what we do and that includes me.;)

A woman's mind is like the control panel of a 747 jumbo jet whereas men have a simple on/off switch :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
AnnaC said:

Agree ... Sometimes I wish men who try to be with us could just turn our mind activity off - like it that movie "Stepford Wives." Life would be so much easier! :bunny:

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
AnnaC said:

:cheeky: I have to say Anna you took the words right out of my mouth!

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
audrav said:
did you get your answer?
Well she did answer. I cant say im much better I like loads of others fell for someone on my hols, I guess we'll just have to see how things work out now. Im hoping to be able to fly back out in August who knows.:ermm: