Re: Meeting Dominican women

P

puss_n_boots

Hello, I'm a Dominican woman. I suggest you try the old fashioned way. Being that you are a foreigner you won't have much trouble. Dominican women just love foreigners.

G

geraldo

Please tell us gringo males what the right way is.

P

prtyr

There is no "right" way. I have met and dated many Dominican women, both in the DR and in the States.

In the DR, as posted earlier the women are intrigued by foreigners. Sometimes the more exotic the better. I'm the kind of guy that stands out in a crowd. 6'4", 245lbs, long ponytail, and tend to dress differently than most Dominicans. I get all kinds of attention, anywhere I go down there, from bars, to supermarkets to Baseball Games.

The number one thing that will help a ton, is knowing some Spanish. I know enough to get by. In English, I tend to have a wild sense of humor. Luckily even with my limited spanish, I can get the women laughing very easily. Just like up here, it is a sure fire, ice breaker.

My current novia tells me that I am funnier than any of the comedy shows on TV down there, and judging by how she laughs pretty much all the way through our phone conversations, I tend to believe her.

Also many, Dominican women are not that crazy about Dominican men. My novia was wearing a very cute dress one day, and when we were heading out for lunch she changed into pants and shirt. I asked why, and she said that if she wears that dress in the street, she will be bombarded by lewd comments from the Dominican men.

After going out with her a bunch, I've found she is right. I was speaking to her on her cell phone the other day while she was on line buying some barbecue chicken. The guy behind the counter of course made a lewd comment,and she got upset. I'll be visiting her home town this weekend, and told her I want to eat some Barbecue Chicken. Then she can ask the guy if he remembers what he said to her while she was on the cell phone. Then she can nicely point to the big, scary looking gringo (me) and tell him she was on the phone with me;-)

Should be worth a few laughs!

G

geraldo

Could you please explain to an American male what the olf fashioned way is to a Dominican women. Thanks.

R

Randy G GARRETT

I would like to correspond with a beautiful lady...

M

Merengue

I am certain puss n boots would tell you it is the old fashion line.

You know . . . what's your sign?

D

DR-Defender

It is amzing to me what people can say sometimes. And before I beging to defend Dominican women let me tell you that I am a Dominican male. I personally don't appreciate the bull$#@! that you idiots have to say about my Dominican women. You show that you have no class when someone is asking you a sirious question and you give stupid answers. It is a natural thing for a women to want to better herself by wanting to marry someone who can give her a better future if where she stands there is not much being offered. I would also like to add that Dominican women are very submisive to their men. Now, you know that this country (U.S) has a very high divorce rate and a lot of that has to do with the fact that people can't be faithful and that ruins everything. The reason for me mentioning that is that Dominican women can put up with a lot and are not quick to look for a divorce like most do in this country. So, I would be careful with what you ignorant people have to say about these women when you don't even really know what they are like. And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about cause my mother, aunts, cousins, sisters and so on are Dominicans. I know what they are like. Anyhow, I'm sorry for any mistakes I was in a rush.

U

Ulf

Go there, be prepered to talk spanish.

J

Joyce Jimenez

Now, you know that this country (U.S) has a very high divorce rate and a lot of that has to do with the fact that people can't be faithful and that ruins everything.

Excuse me but are you telling me that the divorce rate in the DR is not high. I beg to differ with you. Also maybe the divorce rate in the DR is not high, because most dont bother to get legally married there. Or you have the other scenrio that the Dominican men just have two or three or four "wives" all at the same time. I have much respect for Dominican women because they have to put up with Dominican men. Also I dont think that it is a enduring quality to "put up" with alot. Being a carpet is no way to live your life.

Have a nice day!!

M

Merengue

I have heard that Dominican women make good wives, but that Dominican men don't make good husbands.

It doesn't make any difference to me how a Dominicana betters her life, as long as it's legal.

Thanks for the authentic point of view.

E

Emmanuel Martinez

I would love to agree with what Joyce has said about Dominican women "putting up" with Dominican Males attitudes. I think she is right with respect that women should not be someone else's carpet. But I also see in her response the possibility of having bad experiences with Dominican males. But then again, I can be wrong.

N

nobodys fool

I can tell you what the Dominican culture is all about.Its very prevalent for a man to be married and have other women on the side, whether is going to the local brothel or having another woman or more with possible children of his own, and he plays the game and shuffles them the best way he can. Now don,t think this is the exclusivity of some guy with money.WRONG, I know guys in the Bateys that are married and have other women on the side just by bringing them groceries now and then.And yes Dominican women are in self denyal so don,t kid your self honey. And as far as the guys are concerned don,t try to bullshit me and post that that you been married over twenty years and never had something strange on the side.ITS A DOMINICAN THING.

J

Joyce Jimenez

We all form our opinions from our own experiences. I lived in the DR for 10 years. Therefore I have seen, lived and expericened the dominican culture. Also I might add that whether I had bad experiences with Dominican men is not important or does that take away from someone speaking the truth??????? I think not.

Have a nice day!!

J

Joyce Jimenez

No its a man thing.............. or shall we say a dog thing......

Regards,

Joyce

J

Joyce Jimenez

No its a man thing.............. or shall we say a dog thing......

Regards,

Joyce

B

bill williams

Regarding DR women,all I have to say is that I love them. I have visited, and lived in the DR, and totally enjoyed both the men and women. They have always been more than friendly. But like countrys all over the world, you can find areas that are waiting for a sucker to come by, so if you take your self out of the main stream into these areas, you can expect to be taken. My housekeepers were very honest, and extremely protective of my property, and community standing. Yes I had a live in Lady who is a very beatifull person inside and out. I still take care of her, but she has never asked me for one single thing, yes I bought her things, but she never looked for hand outs, she was always there for me, and ran my home to absolute perfection. You know my friends the way you treat others is how you yourself will be treated. Dominicans I love them.

Bill>

J

Joyce Jimenez

I agree, I have many wonderful friends in the DR, that I would not trade for all the money in the world. But we are not talking about friendships, it gets a little more complicated when you are talking about men and women issues.

ciao,

Joyce