Passport changes

just announced

International travel requirements
New federal law requires that travelers entering or re-entering the United States on or after January 1, 2007, from any international country (now including the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico, and Canada) must present a government-issued passport to clear U.S. Customs. This is a change from prior documentation requirements.

For more information on passport services, visit the U.S. State Department web site. http://www.travel.state.gov/

MizCreant

Jul 6, 2006
Eek

Thanks for that update.

I didn't think that I would need a p'port for travel to the DR. My passport is currently being renewed and who knows where it is now in the Government system. :paranoid:

Miz

G

gary short

You can get into the DR with a gocart licence. Getting back into the states will require a passport.

MizCreant

Jul 6, 2006
Don't have a gocart license.;) Still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my p'port renewal. But I did get mail yesterday that was sent to me in June, 2006 - So there is hope the p'port will arrive before January, 2007!

Miz

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
BTW just wanted to add some info here.

My sister was renewing her passport and while searching for some online info I found the site where you can fill the application online, print it out and have your guarantor sign it. The online application helps if you forget something or you filled out something wrong.

Anyway last Friday afternoon we arrived at the PP office in Kitchener Ontario, there were at least 30 + people waiting :rolleyes:

They check to make sure you have all your documentation first then the lady said, oh I see you filled yours online so you get bumped up. Watch the board because your up next ;)

We were out of there in 30 mins. and the passport will be mailed within 10 days.

Here's the link Passport Canada

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
In the US you can now apply for or renew passports at most post offices. (Some instances you need to make an appointment).

[The local library also processes passports, but each library does it on a periodic basic and one would need to call their local library to find out the schedule].