vacation/night life

J

Jeannine Padro

I am going on vacation to Puerto Plata, January 6-12. I would like to know find some real good dance spots (typical of the country) and if anyone could recommend some restaurants. Also could you recommend a good scuba dive shop. And any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

M

Maca (Spain)

One of the most popular dominican discos in Puerto Plata is LA BARRICA...Try it, most of the music is merengue and bachata, and all people who works in Playa Dorada are very fond of finishing the night there... You can try also the discos from Playa Dorada, but they are the same discos as the rest of the world: they play merengue of course, but also lot of american music.... I cannot tell you many things about restaurants, but i had lunch in one situated in the malecon, which serves good mexican food... but being in DR try all Dominican food, it's really good. Enjoy your holiday, I really envy you...

M

Milli

Nightlife....hey girl well im going to Puerto Plata from Jan8-15 and staying at the Playa Naco resort. My 3time to DR. The discos we go to are Crazy Moon which is located in the Playa Dorada complex at the Paradise resort. This disco is visited the most by all vacationers. We also went to discos Heavens...alright the guys i couldnt stand there. At our resort The Playa Naco the disco called TOPS. Its pretty good and the dj sucks.

Labarrica is the disco located inside the city of Puerto Plata. I went to this disco my first trip. I found it to be very dark in there....drinks are expensive and all dominican people...u wont see a whole lot of acationers.

P

Pat

We are staying at the Iberostar Dominicana in Punta Cana. What discos/clubs are available to us? Can we go to other hotels in the area that are not part of our "inclusive" vacation package?

M

Maca (Spain)

Iberostar complex has his own disco in their resort. The problem in PUnta Cana area is that the resorts are near but far one from the other...I will explain, they are very big... And Punta Cana is not an area with buildings... I don't know the word in English...Puerto Plata and Playa dorada in particular is a big area with lots of resorts where you can go walking at night without problem.. In Punta Cana this seem to be difficult... Each hotel has his own facilities and it's not very common to go to other resorts... (think that when you leave the entrance of your resort there will be nothing,..only a black road)... But if you want to try real merengue... You should take a taxi and go to PLAZA BAVARO at night. You probably will go by day to make some shopping... At night it's safe (i've been twice in Punta Cana and in other parts of Dr, and being a single woman didn't have any problem, at least not any problem different from the ones i could have in Spain). In Plaza Bavaro there are two discos, Cocos, which is more orientated for tourist, and EL RINCON... El Rincon is really good, full of the dominicans that works at the resorts... Nice!!! But if you don't feel safe outside your resort...that wouldn't be a good idea.... Email me if you want more info... I'm happy to help you..