Enemies of the Dominican Republic?

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Im curious to know wether or not the Dominican Republic has any enemies besides Haiti for example US vs Iraq, Iran, N. Korea etc etc

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Haiti is not an enemy of the DR in the same way that Iraq is an enemy of the US. The DR has no official enemies and hasn't been in any war for many decades.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Joshua, why are you so sure Haiti is the DR's enemy?
The US has enemies, Israel has enemies, as have a couple of other countries, but most countries do not have enemies in the form of other countries.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Joshua R said:
Im curious to know wether or not the Dominican Republic has any enemies besides Haiti for example US vs Iraq, Iran, N. Korea etc etc
I don't know what you mean by enemy but If I am not mistaken DR and Haiti have diplomatic relations. The new president of Haiti Rene Preval has even visited the DR in the last 4 months, and President Fernandez of the DR visited Haiti also.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I must agree with Drtampa in that the only enemies that the DR has are within its own borders and through their actions cause a subversiveness to take place against the society and its structure which disable its advancement.

Rick

Jan 5, 2006
Joshua R said:
Im curious to know wether or not the Dominican Republic has any enemies
Sure! They're mostly in the PRD, but there are some among the other political parties as well. :p

Oh, and don't forget the sindicatos (unions). They're just as bad as the political parties. ;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Rick Snyder said:
I must agree with Drtampa in that the only enemies that the DR has are within its own borders and through their actions cause a subversiveness to take place against the society and its structure which disable its advancement.

Rick
You guys need a brake from paradise.

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Well for me Haiti is an enemy to DR because both countries have been at each others necks for a long time you know what im saying

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Joshua R said:
Well for me Haiti is an enemy to DR because both countries have been at each others necks for a long time you know what im saying

Haiti has its Embassy in Santo Domingo, and so does the D.R. in Port-au-Prince. Do you still think the two countries are enemies of each other?

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
TheOP said:
Haiti has its Embassy in Santo Domingo, and so does the D.R. in Port-au-Prince. Do you still think the two countries are enemies of each other?

last time i checked the US has an embassy in Iran and in venezuela and both are openly hostel to the US. All im asking is wether or not the Dominican Republic has any enemies wether its militarily or politically

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Joshua R said:
Well when Haiti had invaded and reconquered the DR for about 22 years, yes you could say they were enemies. In recent history Haiti is not considered an enemy of the DR in the same way as the US and Iran or The US and North Korea now are.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Joshua R said:
last time i checked the US has an embassy in Iran and in venezuela and both are openly hostel to the US. All im asking is wether or not the Dominican Republic has any enemies wether its militarily or politically
I don't know where you got this info but presently the US does NOT have diplomatic or consular relations with the Republic of Iran. Its in The US State Department web page.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Joshua R said:

Haiti is no more an Enemy of the DR as is Chile of the Ukraine. With over 1 million Haitians living and working with in our borders and 10 million waiting to come in, we cant afford to **** them off. If they ever decide to unify and kick our buts off the island, I think there is very little anyone in the DR could do about it.
So dont start something you might regret!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Samian: I'm sure you don't really believe what you just said...
In terms of Haiti and The DR we're just like brothers who are at each other's throats all the time...but in the end we're bound together forever and ever...so we have to find a way to make it work. Haiti is like that problem, family member we all have that no matter how much we try to help they just end up spending whatever money you give them on booze and women only to be broke a while later and come back to ask for more...

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
samiam said:
Haiti is no more an Enemy of the DR as is Chile of the Ukraine. With over 1 million Haitians living and working with in our borders and 10 million waiting to come in, we cant afford to **** them off. If they ever decide to unify and kick our buts off the island, I think there is very little anyone in the DR could do about it.
So dont start something you might regret!

Do you really think Haiti can kick our ass out of the island? nikka please we have a far better military than they do and if you're dominican you know when dominicans get bent out of shape about something they tend to go all out

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Joshua R said:
Do you really think Haiti can kick our ass out of the island? nikka please we have a far better military than they do and if you're dominican you know when dominicans get bent out of shape about something they tend to go all out
Can you please explain to all what is the Dominican Republic's military plan?:surprised

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Well i don't know its current plan but back in 1963 when we almost went to war with haiti we had bombers ready to strike Haiti's major cities. We also had some heavy armor and heavily armed regiments along the border of DR-Haiti. So my guess we would do the same