mission trip to Boca Chica area

J

J

I will be traveling to the DR in January. We will be working in San Salvador and El Tamarindo and staying in Boca Chica. What shots/medications do I need to have before coming down there? What are the serious safety issues? What are some good places to eat in Boca Chica? What foods to eat and not to eat? Is the beach/water safe to swim in at Boca Chica? (sharks I read about in a previous message???) Is there bottled water for sale? Please help!!! Thank you!

D

DR1

Check out our health page. Boca Chica beach is safe to swim in, it is very shallow. There are no sharks in Boca Chica beach. Most people in the DR drink bottled water, which is readily available.

M

Maca (Spain)

Don't worry about the sharks, i have never been a sea shark in DR.. Although sometimes there are sharks on earht!!!! Drink bottled water, everybody does, no problem... I have some problem with bit of bugs, so bring a good repellent.....

M

Meredith

You basically just need shots in Hepatitis B and C if you dont' have them and you need a Malaria shot. Oh, yeah, bring some Immodium, it may come in useful!