Best calling card to buy for DR - U.S.?

hal1050

Jun 27, 2006
Hi, can anyone suggest what they've discovered are the calling cards with the best rates for dialing from the D.R. back to the U.S.? And should I buy that in the States before departure or is there a card you can find easily in stores around Santo Domingo that give you the same calling rates? I won't have a cell phone with me and I'll also need to be calling from either hotel rooms or payphones. Thanks!:)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tel3Advantage is SPAM and is NOT a card to use in DR!

The cheapest way to call home is @ a "Call Center", it will be less expensive than using a pay phone with a Verizon Calling Card.There are call centers in any tourist town.

If you want to use a pay phone just buy a Verizon Card @ any Colmado or grocery store.

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
agreed

Tel3Advantage is SPAM and is NOT a card to use in DR!

The cheapest way to call home is @ a "Call Center", it will be less expensive than using a pay phone with a Verizon Calling Card.There are call centers in any tourist town.

If you want to use a pay phone just buy a Verizon Card @ any Colmado or grocery store.

its very cheap to call the us from any local calling center...it is when you are calling DR FROM the US that is when you want to use a calling card.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Will this card work?

I found this one on the internet and wonder if it will work from DR. The rates are amazingy cheap and it makes me wonder if this is not a scam. The phone card is called - Call Nation. It has the following access phone number listed - "In Dominican Republic: 12008089 (English)". I have no way to try this number from abroad and I do not want to buy it if it doesn't work. I wonder if anyone could dial the number and check if it works and asks for a PIN.

Thanks!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I found this one on the internet and wonder if it will work from DR. The rates are amazingy cheap and it makes me wonder if this is not a scam. The phone card is called - Call Nation. It has the following access phone number listed - "In Dominican Republic: 12008089 (English)". I have no way to try this number from abroad and I do not want to buy it if it doesn't work. I wonder if anyone could dial the number and check if it works and asks for a PIN.
Do you have a link for this calling card?

BTW, Welcome to DR1.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I just found a nice $5 calling card that gives 1hr 46mins time from the US to the DR. After they tack on all the crap time they chop off I actually ended up with like 1hr 10 mins of talk time. Not too shabby for 5 bucks. Its called "Rompe"

Feb 7, 2007
Quite a WAY to revive a 5-year old thread by posting a spam link! good job... now WHY the report button is missing???

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Quite a WAY to revive a 5-year old thread by posting a spam link! good job... now WHY the report button is missing???
Even if it is spam, it seems to be the best rate out there.

9.9 cents per minute to a cell phone in the DR without any fees (connection, monthly, or other), and billed in 1 minute intervals is a great rate. I haven't seen anything less.

Feb 7, 2007
Even if it is spam, it seems to be the best rate out there.

9.9 cents per minute to a cell phone in the DR without any fees (connection, monthly, or other), and billed in 1 minute intervals is a great rate. I haven't seen anything less.

What about 6.8 cents per minute with 1 second increment? Voxbeam: Wholesale VoIP Termination Rates ? D
or 8.2 cents perminute, with 1 second increment, and can be used from softphone or VOIP ATA adapter VoIP Wholesaler -Products and Services | Voicebuy VoIP Provider
Both you can sign up and start using with $25 loading with paypal.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
What about 6.8 cents per minute with 1 second increment? Voxbeam: Wholesale VoIP Termination Rates ? D
or 8.2 cents perminute, with 1 second increment, and can be used from softphone or VOIP ATA adapter VoIP Wholesaler -Products and Services | Voicebuy VoIP Provider
Both you can sign up and start using with $25 loading with paypal.

Those rates would be great if I could figure out what they actually provide. Generally VoIP means that you need to use a computer (or router to make the call). Is that what this is?

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
is NOT a card to use in DR!
22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Harmful site!