Suggestions for a contest

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Avrora said:
You are right, we got out of the actual subject and coversation went in the wrong direction ... Although I thought originator already had an advice from everyone who wanted to reply.

The forum has been quiet for a while now, we need something to talk about, argue, fight, advise, counsel, persuade, challenge etc etc...:tired:

Anyone, Anyone............ how about another contest??

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Best sankie pick up line contest!

What is the first thing you hear from them? Or, what is the first thing you would say to pick up a sankie? Has this been discussed before?

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Avrora said:
What is the first thing you hear from them? Or, what is the first thing you would say to pick up a sankie? Has this been discussed before?

The lines they use is a good one, I think its been covered?? I don't know if there is such a thing as the first thing you would say to pick up a sankie, why would you? They ususlly approach you first!

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
They always approach you first and even tho you try to brush them off they still keep on trying!!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
So, it would be fun to read what is the most ridiculous mix of english, spanish, german, italian, etc. girls ever heard from a sankie trying to pick them up :bunny:

In touristy places I have been to guys already learned how to say "f##ck off" in Russian, they would come up to you, ask a question, look at your reaction and say something like: "what, me f**ck off?" with an accent. It was really funny:)

Last edited:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
nickijay said:
its all gone quiet now!

Like I said, I don't make up the contests!

But I'd like to know for those of you have been sanktified (myself included), how long did it last? are they still going on?

Mine was Feb - Mid April this year (cause I caught on), now again, July - currently one sided, I think its dying off now. Fun and Games!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Emma22 is in DR I guess. She is pretty good ... Maybe she will find an Internet cafe in there and write?:bunny:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
audrav said:
The lines they use is a good one, I think its been covered?? I don't know if there is such a thing as the first thing you would say to pick up a sankie, why would you? They ususlly approach you first!

Hey...it's been done!!! I did it!!! Back in 2002 the first time I was in DR...

This gorgeous guy was teaching how to dance bachata at the beach, and I was left without a 'partner'...I asked him...'what about me?' and he said...come on...you dance with me!

Of course, he thought I spoke only English...but when we got close enough to show the steps...I said in Spanish...

"Pero asi no se baila la bachata...a mi me dijeron que para bailar la bachata bien, se tiene que bailar bien pegadito";) ...(This is not the way you dance bachata, I was told that in order to dance bachata really well you have to do it really close to each other)

He started to laugh a little and told me "But I can't do that here, 'cause I'll get fired" (In Spanish, of course)

Then he proceeded to say: "But if you really want to practice dancing bachata 'pegadito' we can meet up at the disco tonight"...Of course we did!!!

So you see...there are lines a girl can use to pick up a sankie...although I had no idea about sankies at that time...I just thought he was cute!

In reality, he wasn't MY sankie...we became really good friends...(I found out that same night he was married and his wife and 2 kids lived in SDQ, we were in Punta Cana) the only thing he ever asked me for was to call his sister that lives here in Miami to ask her how she was doing after having a baby...no money transactions involved at any time!!!

I think now he's in Jamaica...they sent him there to be the "Director de Animaci?n" in a new resort...

Kid's moving up in the world!! I haven't been able to get in touch with him lately...

MQ

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Musicqueen said:
Hey...it's been done!!! I did it!!! Back in 2002 the first time I was in DR...

This gorgeous guy was teaching how to dance bachata at the beach, and I was left without a 'partner'...I asked him...'what about me?' and he said...come on...you dance with me!

Of course, he thought I spoke only English...but when we got close enough to show the steps...I said in Spanish...

"Pero asi no se baila la bachata...a mi me dijeron que para bailar la bachata bien, se tiene que bailar bien pegadito";) ...(This is not the way you dance bachata, I was told that in order to dance bachata really well you have to do it really close to each other)

He started to laugh a little and told me "But I can't do that here, 'cause I'll get fired" (In Spanish, of course)

Then he proceeded to say: "But if you really want to practice dancing bachata 'pegadito' we can meet up at the disco tonight"...Of course we did!!!

So you see...there are lines a girl can use to pick up a sankie...although I had no idea about sankies at that time...I just thought he was cute!

In reality, he wasn't MY sankie...we became really good friends...(I found out that same night he was married and his wife and 2 kids lived in SDQ, we were in Punta Cana) the only thing he ever asked me for was to call his sister that lives here in Miami to ask her how she was doing after having a baby...no money transactions involved at any time!!!

I think now he's in Jamaica...they sent him there to be the "Director de Animaci?n" in a new resort...

Kid's moving up in the world!! I haven't been able to get in touch with him lately...

MQ

That's a great story! you go girl!

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
More Stories from Chuck... please....

What we need is another trip report (w/ photos) from Chuck! If we all chip in $5.00 we can get Chuck back to DR, so he can write about his wild adventures w/ teenage Dominican girls...

-Helpmann :laugh:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
helpmann said:
What we need is another trip report (w/ photos) from Chuck! If we all chip in $5.00 we can get Chuck back to DR, so he can write about his wild adventures w/ teenage Dominican girls...

I'll pass, 75 pages of bashing gramps was enough. I'd rather send $5.00 to a sankieto put towards a new sidiplay!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
See, sankies can be useful - they make great dance partners and entertainers. I was thinking about taking some pictures of them when I go to DR and then creating a report called "Real Differences in Dominican Sankies" (men is too general, some dominicans here might get offended) or something like that. Maybe Emma will do it while she is there?;)

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
helpmann said:

Or even better you can all chip in the $5 for me to go back out and research sankies, purely in the name of research of course!!