best way to Boca Chica beach from Santiago???

mamadelle

Jul 10, 2006
Hello, all:

Could you guys let me know the best way to get to Boca Chica from Santiago?

Also, any affordable, nice places to stay or suggested activities would be nice too.

I don't speak Spanish :ermm:, but I would like to go on some guided tours if possible.

Planning on coming down later on in the year(from NYC), I'm a single woman travelling alone!

Thanks.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The least expensive way to get from Santiago to Boca Chica is by bus. Caribe Tours is one of the bus companies. They will take you to Santo Domingo. From there you will need to take a taxi (or guagua) to Boca Chica.

There are plenty of affordable hotels in BC. What is your budget, and what amenities (pool, AC, on the beach, etc) do you need in the hotel.

I don't know of any guided tours in BC, there are some in the Capital.

BTW, why are you choosing BC as your vacation spot, and why are you flying into STI if you are going to BC?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
I don't know of any guided tours in BC, there are some in the Capital.

BTW, why are you choosing BC as your vacation spot, and why are you flying into STI if you are going to BC?

There is a guided tour company across the street from Hotel Europa.

I too would like to know why you chose Boca Chica as your vacation spot.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
Why, what's wrong with Boca Chica?

Nothing wrong with Boca Chica. A single woman, traveling alone, arriving at STI, why not just go to one of the North Coast beaches?

mamadelle

Jul 10, 2006
let me explain...

The reason why I'm flying to Santiago: JetBlue doesn't go to Santo Domingo.
Reason #2: my RT ticket is free!

I've read some people's opinions of Boca Chica and want to see for myself...
just looking to relax and enjoy myself, not getting freaky!!

I also plan on visiting Santo Domingo while I'm there.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Unless you are adventurous, and want to drive: taxi from STI to Caribe Tours in Santiago, Caribe tours to Santo Domingo station, taxi from there to the parada for a guagau to Boca Chica (the cab driver would know where.)
You could also take the taxi all the way from the Caribe station to Boca Chica (about $35-40), and if you have much luggage you'll need to, but if traveling light the guagua will work.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
mamadelle said:
I also plan on visiting Santo Domingo while I'm there.

You will love Santo Domingo. I just returned from my first trip to SDO.

I forgot who, but someone on this site shared this link with me.

http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/stodgo_map-lenin.pdf

Zoom in on Zona Colonial. Use the select tool to frame a section of the map to print out. You may have to adjust your print settings to "fill page with image" or something like that.