Clean and cheap hotel in Santiago

lliljestrom

Jan 11, 2006
Besides Hotel Colonial, are there any other less expensive hotels in Santiago?
We're looking for something, clean and with air conditioning.
Thanks!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
It's a great hotel, but it's almost 3 times the price of the Hotel Colonial.

I don't know if the OP is going to find another hotel (with air conditioning) as inexpensive as the Colonial. They may have raised their rates, but when I stayed there it was under $20US (including tax).

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
rellosk said:

I don't know if the OP is going to find another hotel (with air conditioning) as inexpensive as the Colonial. They may have raised their rates, but when I stayed there it was under $20US (including tax).
I think you are right about Colonial being the only cheapest & cleanest (w/aire) in Santiago. They raised their rates to about $21 (including tax) If the OP really want to penny-pinch, maybe Hotel Lima on the corner, RD$100 a night (fan included):(

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
rellosk said:

Ed,

My mom and little sister stayed at the Hotel Colonial for 3 weeks in Dec of 2005. It was still $20 then. However, they didn't like it. They said it was too noisy. And to top it all off they stole a few perfumes and 2 make up kits from them.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
El Tigre said:
Ed,

My mom and little sister stayed at the Hotel Colonial for 3 weeks in Dec of 2005. It was still $20 then. However, they didn't like it. They said it was too noisy. And to top it all off they stole a few perfumes and 2 make up kits from them.
They are doing construction next door in the parking lot area and if your room faces that area, you will be awakened early in the day by the loud sound of construction. Never experienced theft though, always leave money in the drawer, I hope this is not a new thing with the cleaning staff.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Ricardo900 said:
They are doing construction next door in the parking lot area and if your room faces that area, you will be awakened early in the day by the loud sound of construction. Never experienced theft though, always leave money in the drawer, I hope this is not a new thing with the cleaning staff.

Ricardo,

They were in one of the rooms facing the construction. They couldn't change the room because the place was packed. I asked my mom if she reported the theft and said she didn't bother. Through out the years I've known many people that have stayed in the hotel. This was the first time I heard of theft there. I was really surprised when she told me that.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Hillbilly said:
The OPs stayed here last night and left full, happy and pleased.

HB:p:p:p

HI HB.

I came to you looking for accomodations last christmas but it was already too late. You had a few days here and there but nothing for a 3 week stay. I'll be sure to come to you early on if my family is coming down this christmas.

Bwallace

Oct 18, 2006
HB: I am looking for a place to stay for a few nights the firs week of November. Any chance your place is available for 2 or 3 people.
Thanks
Bwallace

lynjuan06

Oct 19, 2006
I am so glad I found this site. In January 2007 I am visiting santiago to spend sometime with my boyfriend. I need a cheap but clean hotel. Of course I need the Aire...Please let me know if you can help me buy giving me a contact name, name of hotel and a telephone number to reach you at.

Thank you in advance.
Lynette

lynjuan06

Oct 19, 2006
Thanks

Thanks for the website. I logged into it and the hotel looks great. I will be sending my boyfriend to get his view and I believe if things look like in the website I will be staying there in January.

Lynette:classic:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Thanks for the website. I logged into it and the hotel looks great. I will be sending my boyfriend to get his view and I believe if things look like in the website I will be staying there in January.

Lynette:classic:
Which hotel are you talking about?