Hotel Atarazana

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
I don't but thanks for the link. It looks nice and quaint.

I have to laugh at your reply. ;) Thanks for the info.

Let's hope someone can help both of us.

May 31, 2005
I know... I will probably call them for my next trip. I usually don't stay in hotels unless it is at an ai for a few nights during the weekend since I have family there but I think I will like this hotel. It looks so cute.

Some one help us out. Please!!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
The hosts are extremely attentive! I'm booking with them next year and have been very satisfied with e-mail correspondence received so far.

Kaki

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Kaki said:
The hosts are extremely attentive! I'm booking with them next year and have been very satisfied with e-mail correspondence received so far.

Kaki

I just booked two nights for 3 weeks from now. The e-mail response is unbelievable. My initial reply came within 2 hours. In less than 12 hours I received 3 emails and my reservation confirmed.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
hotel

Mavsman said:
elmojito, How much was is per night?? How far is it from the consulate?? :squareeye Mavs
If you are asking about US consulate,it is a bit of a ride to Maximo Gomez,but plenty of taxis...not walking distance...I live next to the hotel...
bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
jaguarbob said:
If you are asking about US consulate,it is a bit of a ride to Maximo Gomez,but plenty of taxis...not walking distance...I live next to the hotel...
bob

How far from El Conde?

susanne-ataraza

Aug 18, 2005
rates hotel atarazana

Mavsman said:
elmojito, How much was is per night?? How far is it from the consulate?? :squareeye Mavs

the rates vary between 50 US ( single occupancy, fan) to 80 US ( double occupancy, ac) with breakfast buffet and taxes included. The american consulate is about 10 min by taxi

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
susanne-ataraza said:
about 5-10 min walk
Thanks, is the hotel close to Padre Billini or north of El Conde? The cab drivers at the airport never seem to know where anything is in the Capital except for obvious locations.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
hotel

bigbird said:
Thanks, is the hotel close to Padre Billini or north of El Conde? The cab drivers at the airport never seem to know where anything is in the Capital except for obvious locations.
it is on Duarte,south of el conde about 2 blocks,almost on corner of Bellini
bob

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
The photos show a lovely hotel. Is it a building you restored? Always a hotel? Can one get a coffee or cocktail there so as to give it a visit?
I hope to stop by next time I am in SDQ.
It is new to me - how long have you been opened?
I have bookmarked your site.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The photos show a lovely hotel.

I recently spent two nights at Hotel Atarazana and it is a lovely hotel. It lacks the hotel feel and more like staying in a large house. There are six quiet guest rooms on the second floor. We had a most pleasant stay and the owners are extremely nice. There is a roof top area for relaxing at night under the stars (quite romantic), and a lovely little garden area for breakfast (a buffet but prepared fresh).

The hotel is about a block and a half from Plaza Espana. Hotel Atarazana is quite the same as staying at a B&B hotel. If looking for a place central to the heart of Zona Colonial this is a great choice. It is easy walking distance to the historic sites of Zona Colonial.

Would I stay there again? You Bet!

susanne-ataraza

Aug 18, 2005
It used to be the Council of Superior Education. We completely restored it and opened about a year ago.
Please do stop by for a coffee or a cocktail