Wyndham in Puerta Plata

lliljestrom

Jan 11, 2006
I've made reservations at the Viva Wyndham Plaza Dorado in Puerta Plata. Has anyone stayed there? Good, bad? Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks!!
ps- How's the weather looking for next week?

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
There is a lovely beech bar and resturant for this hotel. Whilst we havnt stayed there ( I stay at the Flamenco ) from the people we have met that have there have been no complaints. From what I remember the entertainment room is no smoking - so that depends on your view point if thats a positive or negetative!!!!
I believe there is a big jacuzzi pool with a huge mirror in the main pool area.

I hope you like it and have a fantastic time!

Please do take some time to get out and explore a little - get a cab from the Playa Dorada gates and get into Sousa for a great day out!

Have a fab time.

Dan & Jenni

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
My family stays at Viva Wyndham when they come to visit. It was completely refurbished about 18 months ago. Although nothing fancy, it is quite a solid 3-star resort. Well worth the price in comparison to other Playa Dorada hotels. Be sure to make your ala Carte Restaurant reservations as soon as you arrive.

lliljestrom

Jan 11, 2006
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated!! This is our first trip out of the U.S. so I am so glad to have found this sight. We would have been lost without it. An especially big thank you to Hillbilly for all his insight and recommendations. Unfortunately his place was booked for next week, but we hope to stop in for breakfast.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
BTW the weather has been HOT, HOT and sunny with an occasional 10 minute rain shower. Nothing big brewing on the map.