A Story about a "good Dominican Man"

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
I have read through almost every post on here regarding sankies, good, bad and everything in between. It was nice to see a posting about "what makes a good Domincan Man" And i had to post, so i have cut and pasted it here, because i know how terrible some of these guys can be, and i know very few are sincere, i have seen it time and time again. But like evrywhere else in the world, where there are bad, manipulative men, there are good sincere men, Just tread carefully, the same way you would if you were in your own Country. So here are my two cents on a very decent guy.
Hello, well i am pretty new to this site and have to say i have been quite intimidated to ever write anything, until i read this post. I have to agree that there are good and bad men, everywhere, even here in Canada. It is nice to see what people consider a good Dominican Man. I know everyone thinks their guy is ligitimate, lol but this post made me truly beleive and be proud to say so.I have been with a man from the Dominican Republic for 3 years now, when i first met him i was quite skepitcal, because i have heard so many stories,and seen things with my own eyes, since i am a frquent visitor. but i guess the stories helped me along the way, and helped me see that he was a good guy. Things that made me see he was different were, We are great friends, i go see him as often as i can, he says he doesnt want to leave his country, he loves it there, he is very proud. He is 36 years old, and has never wanted to leave. However on my last visit we did discuss him comming for a visit. But it took 3 years of us together before we even contemplated that step.When i go there, he is so proud, the other workers will come up and say hello, and say arent you so and so's Girlfriend, it is quite nice. He has recently changed hotels so when i went back i didnt stay at his hotel, He went to his boss and got me and my girlfriend guest passes to go watch his shows, he had drinks and a table ready for us, at the end of his show he walked to the end of the stage and kissed my cheek.he always introduces me as his girlfriend. I guess it has been long enough that people know who i am and when his friends see me they too will introduce me to others as his GF.We leave the resort areas, and go to local clubs which i love.I also spend nights at his aprtment, which he shares with other people, who kindly accomodate me. He has NEVER asked me for money, and when iam there he takes me on dates and he ALWAYS pays.He calls me, i call him,We do not tell each other that we are in love, but we do share how much we care about each other. Even though it has been 3 years, it is not 3 years of being together every day, so there is no way to know if it is real love, But i know it is definetly real Friendship and admiration. We have had our share of disagreements, that is normal, you swear we have been married for 20 yrs.I have seen so many people have their hearts broken when i go there, and i just want to say i am thankful everyday for the man i have met, and i hope that we can still have faith in each other, and make more wonderful memories for many years to come, even if it is Long Distance. So thank you for this post, It just helped me realize what i thought i always knew. That if you take your time, become friends, really talk and communicate, then who knows maybe you will become someone lucky enough to find something special, as i feel i have. Will it ever become more, I dont know, we both talk and realize we are from different worlds, and there are many obstacles to overcome, so we as a couple have decided, to enjoy what we have, not to rush into anything, keep our communications open, try and spend as much time together as possible, and in time, we will both know in our hearts what will be the right thing to do. Until then, we enjoy what we both have found, so here is to 3years and counting.
Lisa

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Not to say I am not "happy" for you, but I hate to burst your bubble...there are some clear signs you are missing. Firstly, you mention he always pays on dates...probably $$ he has received from another g/f via Western Union.
And my personal "patriotic" favourite..."I love my country and am very proud, I NEVER want to leave the DR. This caribe_princess is the reverse psychology these mother#$%^ers use to play with you head so you will think that he is "different" and that you are not "un visa para un sueno"! Please dont be impressed that he introduces you as his g/f, or that his boss/colleagues treat you well, since they all back each other up and cover one anothers lies. The reason that he has not put pressure on you in the 3 years you have been "developing" your relationship, is that he has Plans A, B, C and D in place with some other unsuspecting tourist gals.
Only you can be the best judge of your situation, but go on vacation for vacation and leave it at that. Dont hold onto false hopes in this fantasy world that exists for turistas such as yourself. Oh yes, and BTW, by taking you home and welcoming you in this "warm" way, he is just parading you in front of his family/"roommates" that this is his ticket out.

I wish you the best but be very wary as I personally believe the intentions of all resort workers are the same.;)

Good luck in whatever you do.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
To the OP,
your post is very hard to read. I can't tell which part you copy/pasted and which is your story if any.

You may want to edit and hit the enter button in a few places.;)

Thanks

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Need I say more?

caribe_princess said:
he says he doesnt want to leave his country, he loves it there, he is very proud. He is 36 years old, and has never wanted to leave.

However on my last visit we did discuss him comming for a visit. But it took 3 years of us together before we even contemplated that step.
It's AMAZING how all these "proud" people NEVER want to leave the DR BUT would ALWAYS "let" someone twist their arms and all of a sudden, they are NOT so "proud".

A little wake-up call, darling:

Resort workers are known to have foreign girlfriends FOR YEEEEARS. Your relationship is NOT unique!.

Who do you think is paying for all the outings while you are there?. I can assure you that it's NOT coming from his 150 dollars A MONTH!. Unless he takes you to eat a yaniqueke and mabi every time he takes you out!.

Clueless!.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
miguel said:
It's AMAZING how all these "proud" people NEVER want to leave the DR BUT would ALWAYS "let" someone twist their arms and all of a sudden, they are NOT so "proud".

A little wake-up call, darling:

Resort workers are known to have foreign girlfriends FOR YEEEEARS. Your relationship is NOT unique!.

Who do you think is paying for all the outings while you are there?. I can assure you that it's NOT coming from his 150 dollars A MONTH!. Unless he takes you to eat a yaniqueke and mabi every time he takes you out!.

Clueless!.
Some will NEVER learn!!!!!!;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Immediate Action Required

caribe_princess said:
.... so here is to 3years and counting....
Don't keep on counting too long.
You ought to marry him real quick.

He seems to be one of the best you'll ever find.

Imagine, a real stage artist, isn't that what you always wanted?

Be warned: If you don't secure him soon, he might marry one of his other numerous victims.

You don't want that, do you?

m'frog

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
sorry to say caribe princess

I truly hope that you are right in your feelings, but like the others answered above, be very carefull.

As you might have read an earlier thread that I wrote (some inside information), I worked in a hotel witht he animation team and became more or less one of them.

I saw many girls be together with their dominican boyfriends for years, they treat their girls as a princess, yes you read it right, they do have more girlfriends, and telling them all that they do not want to leave the country, because they are proud of it, but in the end always one of the girls wants to take her boy home and gives him a visa.

And those animation workers do cover each other and lie for each other.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Another one bites ..... ????

caribe_princess said:
I have read through almost every post on here regarding sankies, good, bad and everything in between.

I have to agree that there are good and bad men, everywhere, even here in Canada.

I dont know, we both talk and realize we are from different worlds, and there are many obstacles to overcome, so we as a couple have decided, to enjoy what we have, not to rush into anything, keep our communications open, try and spend as much time together as possible, and in time, we will both know in our hearts what will be the right thing to do. Until then, we enjoy what we both have found, so here is to 3years and counting.
Lisa
Even here in the Great White North, Canada, where men are bears and women are beavers .... :)

If you've read everything here on sankies and you are convinced that your man is not one, you are truly from another world. I hope you don't post sometime in the future that you were conned.

Take a look at http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52451 They are quite adapt at deception.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
shadInToronto said:
Even here in the Great White North, Canada, where men are bears and women are beavers .... :)

If you've read everything here on sankies and you are convinced that your man is not one, you are truly from another world. I hope you don't post sometime in the future that you were conned.

Take a look at http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52451 They are quite adapt at deception.

This provides some future entertainment!!!!;)

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Lisa,
I do wish you the best of luck. I hope for your sake, that he is sincere, it can be hard to tell when you are in "love". But best wishes to you.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
mountainfrog said:

Be warned: If you don't secure him soon, he might marry one of his other numerous victims.

m'frog

if he isn't alreay. some of these guys can marry someone else and no one will know it until they leave the country - if even then.

he might already be on a waiting list somewhere - who knows - she would never know.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Thank you for your post

It is always nice to hear some successful stories.

I too, wish you all the best. It sounds like you are allowing yourself some happiness, but you also have your wits about you, and are not "jumping" into anything to fast.

Lisa

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I agree....

mountainfrog said:

m'frog

He's 36, ............and probably already married!

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
Well first to Anna, sorry i didnt mean to confuse, i was just stating that what i wrote here was part of a thread i posted under "What sets a good dominican man apart from a sankie.
It is sad to see so many people just attack on this site, i guess i will know better then to post again. But let me reiterate my point. I was stating that there are some good men amoungst all the players. Just to touch on a few comments, no i am not going to grab him and marry him quickly because i fear of losing him, my whole point was that we have become great friends, I am not stupid enough to marry anyone i dont know i dont care how sweet they are to me, let alone a man that i get to spend a few weeks a year with.Perhaps people should really read my post before the go on the attack, i never said we were in love, i never said i wanted to marry him. I was saying we have something that i do think is different and because i realize how rare it is, i dont take advantage of it, i dont make stupid mistakes, and i dont let myself believe we will live happily ever after. Once again as i posted in my thread, we are from two different worlds, we have learned alot about each other in our three years, But i know in my heart that a real relationship built on a few weeks a year is not real, but i have accepted that because i know the reality of how things turn out, i have let myself look past the hopes of falling in love and found a great friend, and something that to me wil always mean alot to me, if it continues or not. So let me ask why are people so determined that just because we meet people and really like them that they are stupid and expect things they know arent possible. My WHOLE point was to let people know there are some great guys in the Dominican Republic, and that if you go into things with yor eyes wide open, you can be surprised of what you will find, True friends, Which to me is more important then worrying about if we are in love with each other.Or trying to claim and marry someone .

Good Luck to you all, Lisa

momita

May 17, 2006
audrav said:
He's 36, ............and probably already married!

And he has got children for sure.

And Lisa where is that story about good Dominican Man????Did I miss something? :bunny: :bunny:

Sorry ,I didn't mean to be rude.

But please just think ....You and your Boyfriend in 1o years?
What can you see? Or please ask him.

Wish you luck
Momita:glasses:

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
Actually i believe the title was what sets apart a good dominican man from a sankie.......it has been a thread on here for a while, and Yes he does have children he has a daughter named Jessica, who i have met already. I am sorry to see so many people think poorly of others they do not know, you would not consider all men in the world as pedefiles just because one man from a city was, so why group all Dominican men in one category, Trust me when i say i am not a naive or stupid lady, i am also not a 21 yr old young lady with a crush, I am 34 yrs old, have seen my share of life, and am proud to say i have met and have many wonderful friends in the Dominican Republic.I would never let a man in this country nor any other take advantage of me. For the gentleman who said he is married, he actually was married at one time, and last winter he actually started dating a girl in his city and told me about it,however it didnt work out. It is all quite simple you know. We live in different countries, and if he meets someone in his country that he can have a life with and be happy, i would be very happy for him, and visa versa, I dont live in a unrealistic world. Maybe someday we will both realize we do want to take the chance and work on being together on a perminent basis, maybe we wont, but if we do, we will both know we took the time and patience to let our relationship grow instead of jumping into something with someone we barely know. Like i said before it has been 3 years, and we just take advantage of every chance we get to spend quality time together, no body is using anybody and no body is breaking each others hearts, we are just two consulting adults who like each other , love spending time with each, and learning about each other. I see nothing wrong with that. Especially when you know you both have respect and admiration for each other.

Cheers
Lisa

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
caribe_princess said:
and last winter he actually started dating a girl in his city and told me about it,however it didnt work out.
Lisa

so let me get this straight, you've been dating HIM for 3 years and HE's been dating other women - NICE!!!!! yep, keep up the good work, this is the PERFECT relationship that will someday blossom into a lifetime of companionship ( you, him, and his g/f's):bunny:

caribe_princess

May 25, 2006
You guys are all unbelieveable, i never said once that we are an exclusive couple, how much sense would that make, having a boyfriend you could only see a few times a year, maybe people need to pay attention to what is being said. I was trying to state how you can meet nice people you care about who arent in it to use you, and that if you are open and honest that maybe SOMEDAY if you get to the point that you would like to be exclusive you have something to build on. instead of just a week of paradise. Well you all have your opinions if people are only going to read and see what they want. Shame though, maybe you if you learn to open up your hearts a bit more, you would not be so judgemental, i am not here looking to seek anybodies approval, i was just here because i thought this was a discussion forum. And to all those who have sent your private messages, i thank you for your kind words. Have a wonderful day all....

Lisa

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
caribe_princess said:
You guys are all unbelieveable, i never said once that we are an exclusive couple, how much sense would that make, having a boyfriend you could only see a few times a year, maybe people need to pay attention to what is being said. I was trying to state how you can meet nice people you care about who arent in it to use you, and that if you are open and honest that maybe SOMEDAY if you get to the point that you would like to be exclusive you have something to build on. instead of just a week of paradise. Well you all have your opinions if people are only going to read and see what they want. Shame though, maybe you if you learn to open up your hearts a bit more, you would not be so judgemental, i am not here looking to seek anybodies approval, i was just here because i thought this was a discussion forum. And to all those who have sent your private messages, i thank you for your kind words. Have a wonderful day all....

Lisa

Welcome to DR1, you are posting in the Sankie section - what did you expect?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Actually I agree that it can be helpful to get to know each other as friends without "exclusive relationship" pressures to make sure you are right for each other. If you see how a man is treating other women - you can sort of predict how he will be treating you one day ...