Flights from UK to DR

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Does anyone know where I might find cheap(ish) flights from the UK )ideally the midlands or the south) to POP. Its really frustrating me that its cheaper to book a last minute ai than a return flight!!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's pretty good! I'm looking to fly to the UK next summer. Is it possible to stay for more than a couple of weeks, though?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Santo Domingo, although would consider Puerto Plata if it was a good enough deal.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Just booked a flight manchester to pop ?272.00 from air tours, 10 Oct to 31normally, fly with thomson but this one cheaper hope there plenty of presidente there when i get there.

#11 08-29-2006, 12:48 AM
daydream
Silver Join Date: Sep 2004

www.airflights.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always found www.airflights.co.uk to be the cheapest for charter flights to the DR......take a look and enjoy your trip

daydream

Sorry stated air tours but it was http://www.airflights.co.uk/ VINCE 1956

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Hi Does anyone know of flights from North Coast to UK for month long visits? Thanks JLP

It's hard to get a month long charter flight from UK, you need to buy a 7/14 day return and then use the outbound leg only. Then you need to speak to them at the other end and you MIGHT get a single flight back. But this is a bit risky as they might not be empty places and you may have to wait several days for a place to come back ! (what a bad luck !!!)

I only read about this, I hope to do it myself in a few months....

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
It's hard to get a month long charter flight from UK, you need to buy a 7/14 day return and then use the outbound leg only. Then you need to speak to them at the other end and you MIGHT get a single flight back. But this is a bit risky as they might not be empty places and you may have to wait several days for a place to come back ! (what a bad luck !!!)

Maybe it's worth checking out and comparing with regular (non-charter) flights from cheap continental airlines like jetairfly (Brussels) or airpluscomet (Madrid)? Those have no limitations on how long your stay is and if you plan well in advance a budget flight from the UK to Brussels or Madrid will cost next to nothing.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I think the attractiveness of the charter flights is not just the price but the fact that it is direct from say London (where you are) to POP (exactly where you want to go). I checked the mentioned operators, not bad but doesn't work for me..... thanks all the same.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
I did post this info before on a similar thread but it may help.
For visits of more than a month I find the cheapest way is Martinair via Amsterdam from majortravel.co.uk Unfortunately the prices have climbed steadily over the past few years and there was a ?58 rise in taxes on the flight for my next visit 26th October to 17th December but I could not find anything cheaper. ?650 (inc DR Depatrure Tax) Manchester to Puerto Plata. Same plane, same flight number every week but more than double the cost of a flight for a few weeks, how do they justify it, its a rip off. Due to security reasons you cannot even buy 2 cheap flights using the outbound on one and the return of the other because if you do not use the outbound ticket the return is automatically cancelled.
Lots of Luck finding a cheap flight

Keith

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Flight To The D/r For 28 Days

http://www.afdl.net/results.aspx?src=afd&day=13&date=2006-11&dur=28&depart=XXX&destin=POP Uzin this is the cheapest one i could find in nov also other dates man to pop 8 15 22 nov all at ?582, gat to pop ?473, on the 20 and 27 nov ?502. man to pop 29 nov ?669. Fancy xmas day gat to pop ?502 also 1st jan 07 ?464, plus add ?65.00 fuel supplement for all flights these prices could go up or down here are a few all at 28 days vince

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Thanks for this, I am actually planning to stay for 2 months, but also my return depends on if things work out in DR. I'm suppose to work from there via internet. Now if that is not satisfactory to my boss, I have to get on the next plane back..... !?