Wedding/Vacation at Superclubs Breezes POP....

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I was in POP for one week, got married and had a vacation lol It had been a while since I had been back but it felt like home when I go out of the airplane :)
I was excited to have my husband and family as it was the first time for most of my guests. My husband loved it which means more trips lol

The hotel was very nice I was pleased. We did have some of my family who waited a long time to check in so that was disappointing but I know how it is sometimes lol I had 22 family and friends come.

The wedding day was beautiful and perfect! I had the wedding at the earliest time I could so I could get it out of the way so we could all just relax after :) Everyone thought it was a great idea. I arrived on Sat and had the wedding on Mon. It was short, sweet and the wedding coordinator was great! I wasn't sure what to expect but it ended up being a great day and we were both extremly happy! We had a lot of fun on our wedding day :)

FLOWERS- I had a picture of my flowers and they did them exactly the same :) They did a great job, since I was worried lol

CAKE- It's just a white cake so if you want to decorate it bring stuff. I put some flowers from my centre piece and the cake looked gorgeous!

DINNER- Our dinner was at the Italian restaurant and the food was great! But when you are choosing your dinner ask what exactly the meals are. We picked a balsamic/vinegrette salad. We thought it was going to be a green salad and it ended up being tomatoes with cheese inside and 2 lettuce leaves lol The presentation was great but we wanted a green salad :)
The table was set up beautifully I was very impressed and the staff were so sweet I tipped them of course!! They were really great to my whole family.

The resort new my whole family it was hilarious, the big Portuguese group lol

PICTURES- The photographer was good, my pictures came out very nice I was surprised. But he doesn't really tell you how to position yourself to ensure you get good photos sometimes. I had a few photos with eyes closed which I think he should of took a second one and sometimes people needed to be positioned closer etc. But I had my paparazzi family with me lol I have tons of pictures. I did a lot of fun pics on the beach after the photographer was done and those are gorgeous!! It helped that my sister had a proffesional camera :)

I received my fruit plate and two bottles of Presidente the first day we arrived those went down easy lol We also received another fruit plate and Champagne bottle in our room on the wedding day!! Breakfast in bed the next day was very nice too :)

I loved the music trio, my Dad laughed the whole way walking me from my room to the Gazebo lol

As for the wedding it was great and I would recommend it to anyone at this resort! Amelia the wedding coordinator was very nice!

I won't kill you with too many pictures but I'll post a few later of the wedding as I still have to organize them lol

Now our trip well too short of course isn't it always lol Next time I want to come for two weeks and spend one week to relax and the other to travel around and see some other areas I haven't gone to yet and show my husband around the DR some more!

I did manage to take my husband to Sosua, Cabarete and downtown POP!
He really enjoyed getting out! I will have to write more about that later!! I'll post some vacation pics to follow once I get them on my computer lol

Busy busy settling in to the new home so lots to do lol :) I will write soon again with the rest of my trip!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulations Sonia ;)

Can't wait to see the pictures. Glad everything went well and a good time was had by all.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I wish everything beautiful for the both of you

Music,

Congratulations!! Hope to see you around.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Yikes! Sorry I missed this until now! Congratulations, Sonia. I can't wait to see the pics of the beautiful bride and her family! I wish you all the happiness in the world - you deserve it!

xo
Trina

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thank you sweetie! Pics to come tomorrow as I'm getting them on disk and I'll post some!

xo back at you :)

trina said:
Yikes! Sorry I missed this until now! Congratulations, Sonia. I can't wait to see the pics of the beautiful bride and her family! I wish you all the happiness in the world - you deserve it!

xo
Trina

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Many congratulations Music, and all the best for a long and happy life together.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thank you for your warm wishes!

Pics coming soon just having a little trouble but I'm hoping today. I'll finish writing the rest of my trip report as well. Just been busy and still have no internet connection in my new home, so I've been writing at work and it's been busy here :)

Chirimoya said:
Many congratulations Music, and all the best for a long and happy life together.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Some Wedding pics finally ..........

Sorry for those who have been waiting but I had so many it was hard to organize but here are some on flickr hope it works as it's my first time using it, let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bachatafreak/

It's easier to see tem on a slideshow as I have so many, don't kill me lol :) But there are some really fun ones my friends took on the beach of us :)

THe rest of my vacation story and pics will have to come next week this is too much lol Too many paparazzi's in my family lol

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Beautiful pictures Sonia. Thanks for sharing.

You picked the most perfect dress for the beach. It looks cool and comfortable and you were able to have fun in the water. ;)

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Really lovely pics Sonia, it looks like a great time was had by all! My second lot of wedding pics today it almost makes me tempted!!! ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thank you everyone for your nice comments it was fun and we really enjoyed our day and all our guests did :)
I recommend a wedding away it was a blast!!!!!!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Little more about my trip............

I went to Sosua took a few family and friends with me, a lot of them were annoyed by the vendors but I told them yes some were a bit pushy for sure but keep in mind it's there way of feeding there families. I guess I'm just used to it, I say no gracias and sometimes have to just walk away as they can be pushy. So we did some shopping in Sosua, had a drink and were hanging around. I had a very nice vendor who I bought from, he gave me good deals for what I was buying nice man. I did manage to go to the supermarket to buy my liquor, brought back two bottles of Presidente and some Brugal of course. Oh and coffee of course yummy! I got some mangos, for those who dont' know I looooooooooove mangos. I am happy to say I had some nice sweet ones yuuuumy for my tuuumy!! I wasn't sure if I would be able to still get some good ones :)

I spent a day in downtown POP, me, hubby and my sister and her husband. The wanted to get out of the complex of course :) We went to the amber museum, by the fort, visited the Malecon looks nice from the last time I saw it! We walked around downtown went to Central Park, did some window shopping and had lunch at a Dominican Restaurant, it was sooo hot that day so a nice cold Presidente with lunch went down really good. I had lambi and tostones one of my favourties!!! :) Everyone enjoyed there meal and we cooled off. They enjoyed seeing the historical buildings and we took lots of photos.
Oh ya I have a problem with my camera disk as some of the photos won't show up?? I'm really upset as those were my downtown POP pictures :( I saw them when I got back but last week I was going to download them and they wouldn't show up, any suggestions on what to do? and do I have a chance to get them?

Sorry back to my report :) I took my husband to Cabarete, we decided it would be our day out alone. Besides I wanted to show him around a bit and he liked it! Much quieter at Cabarete and it's a nice beach!! I had lunch got my hair braided as he got a massage lol We just enjoyed our day, did a little shopping for ourselves :)

We were all supposed to head out dancing but I wasn't feelig well so they went without me. Somehow they ended up at Club X in Sosua?? Who knows I never heard anything good about that club lol But they went had some fun I guess. That's what happens when they don't have me around hee hee One of the hotel guys went with them, lucky him with 4 ladies lol No worries none would fall for no sankies lol
We did head again dancing we were at Azucar we were all feeling very nice :D It was a fun night actually and my husband was dancing the night away lol I have some funny pictures of that night :)

This week vacation pictures I'm supposed to get my computer hooked up Fri. One week was too short I must say, originally the plan was 2 wks but my husband could only take 1 wk. That just means we will have to go back yeah!!! :) I want to show him around the DR more and I want to visit Santiago and Santo Domingo lots of other spots I need to check out!! Since we had the wedding a few days were decicated to that too. I'll post pics on Friday :)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You look beautiful, honey! I love the one with a close-up of your face - stunningly pretty! And sorry, but it needs to be said...woohoo...holy hot husband! Congratulations on your beautiful day, Sonia, you deserve it!

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
:laugh: :laugh: You had me laughing Trina! Thank you so much for the compliments, your soooo sweet!
Hey he's a married man now ;)

You look beautiful, honey! I love the one with a close-up of your face - stunningly pretty! And sorry, but it needs to be said...woohoo...holy hot groom! Congratulations on your beautiful day, Sonia, you deserve it!