Juan Dolio Beach Regeneration

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
The project of rehabilitation of beaches of Puerto Plata, Cabarete, Boca Chica and Juan Dolio will be completed in October of this year. Of the US$19 million for its cost, the private sector is going to contribute to US$3.5 million. The participant companies that develop the project: the Dutch Boskalis the International, Grupo Cadic of Spain and Cesigma of Cuba. http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=73722 English:http://translate.google.com/transla...le.aspx?id=73722&langpair=es|en&hl=es&ie=UTF8

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Specifically in Juan Dolio, Radham?s Martinez Aponte, president of the Association of Hotels of Juan Dolio assures that they hope to have a wide average of about 30 meters, in which a great amount of tourists will be able to be lodged and ?obvious the quality of the tourist product ours is going to improve obviously?.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So have they started yet?????
We've been hearing beach regeneration for 16 yrs but so far nothing!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Also which beach area are they 'regenerating'?
Just the one in front of the hotels in new Juan Dolio or are they doing also the public beach near Plaza Oasis?

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
metro country club has put a lot of money in the area its only fair that they regenerate and improve those ares near costa del

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
So have they started yet?????
We've been hearing beach regeneration for 16 yrs but so far nothing!!!!

They have started !!! ... in the works that began this week spills 22 thousand cubic meters daily.
From Wednesday they began to remove the trunks, to clear the parasols, the peaks that are in the beach, reduced some small pieces of reefs so that the sand can be prepared, to construct to the lateral support the west as well as three submerged breakwaters, which will last of 45 days. This beach will not be in conditions on watch until the month of October...

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Punta Garza beach first to start

Also which beach area are they 'regenerating'?
Just the one in front of the hotels in new Juan Dolio or are they doing also the public beach near Plaza Oasis?

They have started from Punta Garza beach area first ... Villas del Mar area in some places is already fine ... Costa Del Sol and Hemingway Club invested own $$$ to improve the beach ... well may be to put even more sand will be nice . The rest areas need real job done of sure , like Capella Resort or ex Playa Real. There is no more sand , just stones left .

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
WhoHoo.....UAPA!
Right across from my digs.....now isn't that a small miracle!?!

So I guess I'd best buy a new bathing suit for when we get there....
Thanks for the update Steve!

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
i thought all the beaches in juan dolio were private except the little one near the presidents beach house

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Nope....the one beside Punta Garza IS Juan Dolio Beach and is a public beach open to all.......It's the one you see in the pictures on my blog that were taken from my balconey.....
Uapa!! It already was a nice beach albeit small however it should be even better now with more sand as one of the DR's illustrious generals construction workers had used a lot of sand constructing a now in ruins 'plaza' many years ago.
More recently higher ups in the Mejia ranks had pumped sand from the public beach to 'revitalize' one of the nearby resort beaches (which the sea nicely carried away again anyway) so the public beach was 'shrinking' rapidly due to un-natural causes!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
How is the beach regeneration going Steve??? Is progress being made? It would be nice to be able to use it if we manage to get down for a week or two in October....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I understand that allbuildings have to be cleared within 60 ft of the waterline. So there are problems for Capella,(The dive school and restaurant have to go) Guavaberry beach club, Aura etc etc, as some Cuban guy heading the beach project has been told to knock parts of them down. Anyone know if this is true?

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
How is the beach regeneration going Steve??? Is progress being made? It would be nice to be able to use it if we manage to get down for a week or two in October....

Hi MommC ! I am back to DR ...next week will visit Juan Dolio ... i will let you know about any progress there . By the way i have visited Costa Dorada area ( Coral Marien ) . The beach is totaly done . The sand is white ...the beach is much wider ... they really put a lot of sand !!! Pics coming soon...