Jet Blue to Santiago

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
AA has the same fare.............

..........that is running from August through the middle of December.........

NY to STI Roundtrip with all taxes included for $316.00 ..............must purchase by the 16th of August.............. Jet Blue's are for a shorter period of time.....

Last edited:

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Delta and continental are flying from Newark and JFK to Santiago for $296 in Jan.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
AA.com

Go to aa.com and look at the specials.......... $316.00 round trip....says 319.but comes out to 316. when you quote it...........of course you won't find any of the rates available around Labor Day, but my family purchased 12 tickets at various dates between Sept 10 and Dec 8th..........

JFK to Santiago https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/N...hFeature=netsaaver_marketing&marketId=4336644

Santiago to JFK: http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Ne...etId=4337828&searchFeature=netsaaver_alert_my

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
POP Bad Boy said:
Go to aa.com and look at the specials.......... $316.00 round trip....says 319.but comes out to 316. when you quote it...........of course you won't find any of the rates available around Labor Day, but my family purchased 12 tickets at various dates between Sept 10 and Dec 8th..........

JFK to Santiago https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/N...hFeature=netsaaver_marketing&marketId=4336644

Santiago to JFK: http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Ne...etId=4337828&searchFeature=netsaaver_alert_my
If you don't mind connecting flights I guess its a good deal.:ermm:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
thanatos said:
If you don't mind connecting flights I guess its a good deal.:ermm:

I don't know where you are looking but all twelve that we purchased are direct .................. If you are looking around LABOR DAY, all those are already sold...............direct flights that is.............

There are 3 to 4 direct flights per day from STI to JFK and JFK to STI depending on the month............... I always seem to be able to get prices much less than what I see people talk about here....................probably cause you have to LEARN HOW TO USE THE WEBSITE CORRECTLY.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
POP Bad Boy said:
I don't know where you are looking but all twelve that we purchased are direct .................. If you are looking around LABOR DAY, all those are already sold...............direct flights that is.............

There are 3 to 4 direct flights per day from STI to JFK and JFK to STI depending on the month............... I always seem to be able to get prices much less than what I see people talk about here....................probably cause you have to LEARN HOW TO USE THE WEBSITE CORRECTLY.
Hey idiot if I din't know how to use the web you might not be reading this message, but since you are well I guess you're a moron for reading it. Dude anyone can make a mistake but I guess you dont know what that is.What's with the arrogance!!

Ps Do you give private lessons.

Sep 19, 2005
POP Bad Boy said:

I just put in almost every return date possible from aug 10th on and the FIRST date available at those rates for a direct flight is sept 15th....so 4 flights a day times over 30 days...and no SPECIAL fares left already????

they probably offer 2 seats per plane at those rates and all of the are taken by friends of people who work at AA I bet....

its just an AA scam.

bob

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.........thats probably right...............

..........they probably are all taken til sept...............if you look at the available seats from now til then almost EVERY seat is FULL on all the flights from STI to JFK........IF THE FLIGHTS ARE FULL, OF COURSE THERE WON'T BE ANY SPECIALS....the special has been posted on AA for at least 1 week to 10 days, and I know that we got emails from AA about it over 1 week ago too. I know that when those emails go out, the soonest flights tend to fill up rather quickly. ...............but check the links and you'll find plenty for the rest of Sept., Oct, Nov and Dec...................All direct flights...

..........AND I wasn't trying to be "arrogant", "THANATOS".......I posted the link to both flight schedules that show plenty of "direct" flights for you to find and you replied that "all you saw were connecting flights"..............I didn't see any......

I wasn't the one that made the mistake and I am not the one who called anyone an "idiot".

Last edited:

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
The airlines do not assign just 2 seats on these special fare tickets, they usually come out from a specific fare bucket, and on DR flights the lowest fare bucket is Q and if no Q seats are available, it will go onto different letter (N,S,etc) fares, resulting in a slightly higher price.

I recently bought a ticket for $330 (including tax) August 23-28 and the return results with an overnight stay in Miami, which I don't have a problem with.

The special you mentioned, and I'd had checked on a daily basis for 2 weeks, was for $319 not including taxes. For connecting flights it was $202. During these weeks when I was checking the prices for the same flights (same dates) went from $330 to the $700's. Again, those fare buckets are crucial in finding the lowest price and sometimes it pays to constantly check.

One way is to use the dates flexible option during reservation on AA.com, allowing you to see the lowest fare quoted on that specific route. Another way is (if you're a frequent traveler) to use expertflyer.com

POP Bad Boy said:
..........they probably are all taken til sept...............if you look at the available seats from now til then almost EVERY seat is FULL on all the flights from STI to JFK........IF THE FLIGHTS ARE FULL, OF COURSE THERE WON'T BE ANY SPECIALS....the special has been posted on AA for at least 1 week to 10 days, and I know that we got emails from AA about it over 1 week ago too. I know that when those emails go out, the soonest flights tend to fill up rather quickly. ...............but check the links and you'll find plenty for the rest of Sept., Oct, Nov and Dec...................All direct flights...

..........AND I wasn't trying to be "arrogant", "THANATOS".......I posted the link to both flight schedules that show plenty of "direct" flights for you to find and you replied that "all you saw were connecting flights"..............I didn't see any......

I wasn't the one that made the mistake and I am not the one who called anyone an "idiot".

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
Thanks POP Bad Boy. I just booked two RT's non-stop JFK/STI (for myself and my wife) in October for $632 total.

djlawlaw

Jul 6, 2006
Jet blue has taken a nose dive in customer satisfaction since the big east coast snow storm a few weeks ago where passengers waited on the run way for over 10 hours to get off the plane.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Jet blue has taken a nose dive in customer satisfaction since the big east coast snow storm a few weeks ago where passengers waited on the run way for over 10 hours to get off the plane.

And because of that, they created some type of customer rights act, which you'll be compensated in money vouchers if you are waiting on the plane for any more than 2 hours. I think its $50 for 2 hours and increases for each additional hours. Today in NYC we had about 2 or 3 inches of snow, and I heard Jet Blue just cancelled all their flights today and I think they did it just to make sure they don't get screwed on that "customer bill of rights" thing.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Ricardo...check your facts............

.........Jet Blue did not cancel all its flights today.....they are one of several carriers that are cancelling some flights today in NY.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Last edited:

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
But they are not cancelling their flights to the DR.......

....and since thats the only one that matters for this forum who cares about the others?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
What is your problem??

....and since thats the only one that matters for this forum who cares about the others?

Why do you have such an attitude? I was piggybacking off of djlawlaw's comment about
djlawlaw said:
That's all, no more, no less. Why you are getting riled up and flustered over how many flights Jetblue canceled is beyond me, unless you have something personal against me. I made a mistake that Jetblue cancelled all of their flights and CORRECTED IT!! No big deal, so please don't make an issue about it. Hopefully this matter is resolved between us. Have a wonderful day

Ricardo