La perla de sosua

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
Just wondering if anybody has stayed there and if its a safe place, found an appartement there for 330$/mth all is included cable and internet access and its all furnished with kitchen furnished as well...... before contacting the owner to book it for my stay i wonder if others liked it there and had any comments about this place. thanks

B

batich

To my knowleage they have no access to the beach (through Baya Blanca maybe, but I doubt). Otherwise the place is safe and quiet.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
bellissima_81 said:
Just wondering if anybody has stayed there and if its a safe place, found an appartement there for 330$/mth all is included cable and internet access and its all furnished with kitchen furnished as well...... before contacting the owner to book it for my stay i wonder if others liked it there and had any comments about this place. thanks
The location is good, right next to Blue Bayou.
Should be fairly quiet and close to everything.
$330 would be a good price, in fact, a little bit too good to be true.
I have seen a website that rents condos/apartments in that building, that shows the prices, based on double and even 4 person occupancy, so you should read all the fine print.
You can post the website where you got the info, or PM, if you prefer.
Then we could check it out a bit closer.
It seems unlikely that a nice apartment in that building would rent for that price, when they could get that much per week, or close to, renting to tourists.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
bellissima_81 said:

i was looking at it online also but i wont be in town until november.

as soon as i can get in touch with a friend down there, ill have him go look at the inside and ill send you a pm.

from the website it appears you get the lower prices for a 4 month stay ranging from 310 to 660 depending if you want a basic studio upto the 2br.

if you find out anything else please send me a message and ill do the same

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As per the website,

Summer rates for monthly rentals are;

237 sqft. Apartment=$330.00
323 sqft. Apartment=$385.00
538 sqft. Apartment=$440.00
645 sqft. Apartment=$600.00

So those would be summer prices, which may be half the winter rates, and 237 sqft is like a giant closet.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How is the power in Perla de Sosua? There is no mention of a generator or 24 hour electricity on the website.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
ive contacted them and the prices went high and were different then the ones posted on the internet, they said the power is good and works 24hrs a day.
on a other note never thought moving would of been this complicated !

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
its 330$ a week and not a month one apt was like 725 a mth and the other one was 800$ i just find it weird that there is one price on certain website and then an other price on other websites

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Welcome to the world of Dominican Real Estate!
Have you looked at Tradewinds/Palms, they are well managed and clean and very reasonable.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
its 330$ a week and not a month one apt was like 725 a mth and the other one was 800$ i just find it weird that there is one price on certain website and then an other price on other websites
There are two reason for that. Firstly, each condo owner places their own ad and probably sets their own price. Secondly, people tend to forget to update websites when things (like prices) change.

allazay

Dec 25, 2004

Yeah Bellissima, I stayed in Perla De Sosua for eight months from May to December of last year.I was paying $370(US) for a one bedroom apartment (not studio) that included everything from hot water,small size pool,electricity,cable and tv and a maid that came in to clean every morning.I found it to be in a great location due to the fact that it's in walking distance to every where you need to go in Sosua.

I was in love with the place because of the privacy and the peace and quiet.Security is there great because there was a high ranking police that also lived there.I don't know what rank or position ,but it did give me that since of security knowing he was close by.

There's a nice young couple from Argintina that was managing the place, and they were there to help with any problems that they could of assisted me with even beyond the that of the apartment complex, which i thought was more than you can get from any domincan landlord.The only little problems that i was experiencing there was the generator was giving out once a twice ,but they would have someone there to it fixed fairly quick.

There different size rooms there and i felt that $370 was incredibly cheap for all that they were offering.Some of the rooms did come equip with AC,but i found the fan to be just as comforting due to the sea breeze that was coming right behind the apartment.

i really recommend it and I'm also planning on returning there myself in the in the begining of next year maybay sooner if i can get everything worked out right with work and all.I will be planning on getting something a little bit bigger than before because the bigger size apartments were a little more attractive and spacious for the price they were asking for them

Hope that helps.If you have any more questions you can email at allazay22@yahoo.com

allazay

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yeah Bellissima, I stayed in Perla De Sosua for eight months from May to December of last year.I was paying $370(US) for a one bedroom apartment (not studio) that included everything from hot water,small size pool,electricity,cable and tv and a maid that came in to clean every morning.I found it to be in a great location due to the fact that it's in walking distance to every where you need to go in Sosua.

I was in love with the place because of the privacy and the peace and quiet.Security is there great because there was a high ranking police that also lived there.I don't know what rank or position ,but it did give me that since of security knowing he was close by.

There's a nice young couple from Argintina that was managing the place, and they were there to help with any problems that they could of assisted me with even beyond the that of the apartment complex, which i thought was more than you can get from any domincan landlord.The only little problems that i was experiencing there was the generator was giving out once a twice ,but they would have someone there to it fixed fairly quick.

There different size rooms there and i felt that $370 was incredibly cheap for all that they were offering.Some of the rooms did come equip with AC,but i found the fan to be just as comforting due to the sea breeze that was coming right behind the apartment.

i really recommend it and I'm also planning on returning there myself in the in the begining of next year maybay sooner if i can get everything worked out right with work and all.I will be planning on getting something a little bit bigger than before because the bigger size apartments were a little more attractive and spacious for the price they were asking for them

Hope that helps.If you have any more questions you can email at allazay22@yahoo.com

allazay
Did it have a kitchen as well?
Do you remember the apartment number?
Was it during low season?

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
I havent seen that price on there website the one bedroom apt that i was looking at was much more expensive then taht and when i contacted the owners they told me it was 330 a week
wondering if like Rocky said u had a kitchen cuz ill be needing one ? thanks

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I havent seen that price on there website the one bedroom apt that i was looking at was much more expensive then taht and when i contacted the owners they told me it was 330 a week
wondering if like Rocky said u had a kitchen cuz ill be needing one ? thanks
I'm with you.
Their website has a whole different ballpark of prices.
From what I can tell, it would have had to be a unit without kitchen or AC, on a long term rental, in low season.
So far that's what I have seen and I am always a bit skeptical about a first time poster offering the solution and an email address for private contact.

By description, this is the cheapest small 1 bed condo.
Apartment 9

Is a 1 bedroom apartment with combination dining and kitchen area,
1 bathroom and a very large private terrace. Total apartment size
include terrace is 57.5 Square meters (about 618 square feet). No
air conditioning. Small refrigerator and cooktop, cable TV and
ceiling fans.

IN SEASON RATES:
MONTHLY (Three (3) months or less rate) = $660.00 USD per month
MONTHLY (Four (4) months or greater = $495.00 USD per month
WEEKLY = $255.00 USD per week

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
I totally agree with u Rocky! + i need to get all my stuff together cuz my dad will be coming down and I want to show and prove to him im capable of doing this on my own (hes still very attached to his little girls even if i am 25). I had emailed perla de sosua seriously like 5 times and got 5 different prices !